Has Anyone Received 20% Refund Voucher for Missed Ocean Cay?

L2float

MSC scrapped their Loyalty programme which was a time that they valued their customer base, and brought in the Voyagers club a time that they no longer valued their customers in search of inroads into the USA, proof that they devalued their customers was the inception of status match while ignoring customers who had reached the top level by sailing with MSC.

You don't promise customers something onboard the ship and then renage on it when they get home because it doesn't suit your purpose.

• Like 1

We were on Seaside for 11/23 cruise... I waited a couple weeks and received nothing. Instead of calling I decided to email MSC... I received a response within 24 hours... But as other have also stated...it said it would be applied when we make our next reservation. They have a record of our cruise and to mention it when we book. (Sure thing...LOL.....I'm sure this will happen!!). I never book directly with a Cruise line....but assuming they do find my trip information...it looks like I will be forced to book directly with MSC to get the voucher credit.

2 hours ago, L2float said:

I don’t recall reading that anyone has actually used this voucher as of yet. If you’re out there and you have successfully applied it, can you let us know and give us all some hope? 😁

I have successfully received an email voucher from a client on the 11/23 sailing on Seaside (actually he received it after calling MSC and getting the right person whoever that was, he didn’t get a name) and forwarded it to me. I then called and had it applied to a sailing in March right before final payment was due. It took them almost a week to apply, but it did happen with 4 days to spare before payment was due. The voucher he received was a simple email with an amount and a voucher number. This was for the US. The voucher does exist and can be used, but you need to get a supervisor who knows what they are talking about. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, petuniaflower said:

Are stops at Ocean Cay being missed often or was this a one off?  Thx

The vouchers were for the sailings between 11/9 and 12/5 when the opening was delayed (again). It has been missed a few times since due to weather conditions making it unsafe to dock. There has been no compensation aside from a refund of port fees for US citizens on the missed calls due to weather, which is normal SOP for most cruise lines (we missed Key West due to weather on Celebrity this week and it was the same). 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I too sailed November 24 and have not received a voucher.  I booked a future cruise on board but was told I would receive discount amount by e-mail to apply.  I called customer service yesterday an was on hold for 30 minutes.  They politely transferred me to someone who could handle situation but answering machine said person not available and the “mailbox” full and unable to leave message.  Does anyone have a different telephone number or a direct e-mail address.  I tried e-mailing from web site but kept getting an error.

We are being told that an email was sent to the appropriate department, but I never hear back and, of course, never get a credit. I too would love to know if someone has a number or email that produces results. We have 4 more  MSC cruises this year and then may be done. It’s just too hard to book and problem solve. I feel bad that 13 friends have booked with MSC this year based on our recommendation. Wish I could get a kickback! Can you imagine how hard it would be to get that applied? 😂

It’s been more than a week since the last email was sent by MSC staff to take care of our voucher. ( They claimed to send an email to the correct department. ) We’ve already made final payment on our YC Divina cruise for March, but we are actively looking for another cruise line to replace our 2 weeks in the Med and a Sept Caribbean. It’s the principle.. If anyone has a name, number, or specific email that we can use to have our voucher applied, please let us know. Otherwise, I think it’s time to move on. Even Carnival has better landslide customer service. Sorry if you’re a Carnival fan!

Edited by L2float

Despite all their glitzy ships and TV adverts and gloating about how good they are, it is ridiculous that MSC have failed miserably to sort out this issue for customers.

As a usual reader and side line sitter I have noticed that others affected by this have not posted for some time, I wonder if they also have had enough of the ineptitude of MSC ?

Another 40 minutes on the phone after work tonight. I should get paid for my time. Another guy who says that, yes, we’re entitled, but there’s only one department that handles the OC vouchers and I can’t call them. He can’t call them. He said only that department can look up the amount, too. He did say that there is a note on my account that requests the application of the voucher and that it should’t take this long. He sent another email asking to have it added to one of our future sailings. 😔

On 1/13/2020 at 6:03 PM, L2float said:

Another 40 minutes on the phone after work tonight. I should get paid for my time. Another guy who says that, yes, we’re entitled, but there’s only one department that handles the OC vouchers and I can’t call them. He can’t call them. He said only that department can look up the amount, too. He did say that there is a note on my account that requests the application of the voucher and that it should’t take this long. He sent another email asking to have it added to one of our future sailings. 😔

Wanted to give you an update. We were finally able to apply our credit to a new booking.  I called first thing this morning when they opened.  The agent I got was one who works from home.  She, of course, knew nothing about the credit, but she was able to communicate with a supervisor named Jazmin via computer who was aware of the credit.  After 90 minutes on the phone, one dropped call, and an eventual transfer to that supervisor, we successfully booked our cruise and received a credit of $846.40.  We also received the 5% Voyager's Club discount and the 5% teacher discount.  In the end, it was worth the aggravation!

28 minutes ago, EMc&DrS said:

Wanted to give you an update. We were finally able to apply our credit to a new booking.  I called first thing this morning when they opened.  The agent I got was one who works from home.  She, of course, knew nothing about the credit, but she was able to communicate with a supervisor named Jazmin via computer who was aware of the credit.  After 90 minutes on the phone, one dropped call, and an eventual transfer to that supervisor, we successfully booked our cruise and received a credit of $846.40.  We also received the 5% Voyager's Club discount and the 5% teacher discount.  In the end, it was worth the aggravation!

So glad for you! Wish it would happen to me, lol! Seriously, thank you for a bit of hope.

I logged in tonight to see if I had received a credit for my voucher yet. Not only have we not been credited, but neither of us is able to log into our reservations. I can log into my account, but my husband can' t even do that. He just gets a blank page. We have 4 bookings and are unable to access any. It shows my voyager club info and nothing else. Hoping it's a system glitch and that my reservations haven't been lost. MCS is just too much work. 😡 We can't get in through our MSC account or booking number. 

As as an aside, one family that we encouraged to book with MSC just got status matched to Gold, received the voyager club and teacher discount and had excellent customer service. Oh, to be a new customer again. They seem to honor them more than the old faithful.

12 minutes ago, camofwilliamsburg said:

Hi there.we often talk about you guys...would love cruising at the sAme time with you another time... by the way, the voucher number is your booking number of meraviglia cruise that you get the 20 percent off from.  When you are considering another cruise....get in touch first!

Same here! We emailed and texted but didn’t hear back. I can’t believe that the voucher number is the booking number! You just don’t know how many hours I’ve spent trying to apply the voucher. I’ll call tomorrow and give them the booking number and see what happens! 

Join us on Divina in March or Med in June! We booked last summer.  We’d love to hear from you. Thanks for the tip!

Hi we were on Meraviglia NY to Miami , I remember seeing you in YC with Bea and the lady that injured/broke her arm.

I posted back on page 2 (no 28) that they were going to reduce our voucher by £400 well we bit the bullet and took the reduction which ended up a £300 reduction. A least we are sorted and have a cruise booked. So sorry for all the problems you are having.

Liz

4 hours ago, emmas gran said:

Hi we were on Meraviglia NY to Miami , I remember seeing you in YC with Bea and the lady that injured/broke her arm.

I posted back on page 2 (no 28) that they were going to reduce our voucher by £400 well we bit the bullet and took the reduction which ended up a £300 reduction. A least we are sorted and have a cruise booked. So sorry for all the problems you are having.

Liz

I wish I had been on that sailing with you and Bea! We were on the Nov.. 24th cruise. I’m glad that you have finally received your credit, but disappointed it was not for the full amount. 
Hope to cross paths on a future voyage!

7 hours ago, emmas gran said:

Liz

Sounds like many others that you have been conned by MSC.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, L2float said:

Same here! We emailed and texted but didn’t hear back. I can’t believe that the voucher number is the booking number! You just don’t know how many hours I’ve spent trying to apply the voucher. I’ll call tomorrow and give them the booking number and see what happens! 

Join us on Divina in March or Med in June! We booked last summer.  We’d love to hear from you. Thanks for the tip!

Ask to speak to the supervisor named Jazmin.  She is the first MSC customer service person I have dealt with in YEARS who knew what she was doing.  Very professional, and very apologetic that I had to wait on hold for about 3 minutes while she finalized our booking.  Heck, I always block off an hour or two when I'm going to call MSC, so I wanted to say, "Where have you been all these years?!?"  Good luck!

10 minutes ago, EMc&DrS said:

Ask to speak to the supervisor named Jazmin.  She is the first MSC customer service person I have dealt with in YEARS who knew what she was doing.  Very professional, and very apologetic that I had to wait on hold for about 3 minutes while she finalized our booking.  Heck, I always block off an hour or two when I'm going to call MSC, so I wanted to say, "Where have you been all these years?!?"  Good luck!

You called on a week day, correct? I'm just trying to figure out when she might be working. Maybe she'll be there on Monday? The holiday? I'm off that day and will give it another go. I did finally receive a confirmation number from reservations acknowledging that a request has been made to apply our voucher. That's a step forward!

1 hour ago, L2float said:

You called on a week day, correct? I'm just trying to figure out when she might be working. Maybe she'll be there on Monday? The holiday? I'm off that day and will give it another go. I did finally receive a confirmation number from reservations acknowledging that a request has been made to apply our voucher. That's a step forward!

Yes, I called on Wednesday morning.  The work--from-home agent who answered the call was communicating with Jazmin via her laptop while she was talking with me on the phone.  Apparently, all the agents who work from home were having connectivity issues that morning (big surprise!), so she had to connect me directly to Jazmin in the real office to finish our booking.  So---don't let them tell you that they can't connect you to a supervisor!