Perfect Day Overcrowding

29 minutes ago, Carlo16 said:

Anybody been on the island with 2 ships? I’m sailing in August with Oasis and Majesty in port at once. 

I recommend your first stop be at the pool for a chair if you are a pool person.  The pool area was quite crowded while there on Symphony but plenty of chairs at the beach.

46 minutes ago, Carlo16 said:

Anybody been on the island with 2 ships? I’m sailing in August with Oasis and Majesty in port at once. 

We were just there with Mariner and Navigator. There were people everywhere...but we were always able to find chairs when we wanted chairs. Even the food lines weren't bad.

• Like 1

Just go early.  We got off around 9 or so, maybe a tad earlier, and were the only ones at the beach for quite some time.  Almost nobody at the pool either.  A couple hours later and much, much busier.  But still never overcrowded.

17 minutes ago, alfaeric said:

And I bet it will get less crowded once the South Beach area opens up- that's a huge beach space and what looks to be another place to eat/drink being added.

South Beach is partly open already.

53 minutes ago, Retired LEO said:

No issues at all with 2 ships

What are the chances that RC will bring 3 ships (X, Azamara??) into Cococay any given day? Can the pier support more than two ships? Do they still have the tenders there to possibly support a 3rd ship?

31 minutes ago, BNBR said:

South Beach is partly open already.

With RC's history the past couple of years, I only wonder about them spending millions (is it into the billions??) on a private island and then leave chairs empty. 

Edited by Hoopster95
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

What are the chances that RC will bring 3 ships (X, Azamara??) into Cococay any given day? Can the pier support more than two ships? Do they still have the tenders there to possibly support a 3rd ship?

With RC's history the past couple of years, I only wonder about them spending millions (is it into the billions??) on a private island and then leave chairs empty. 

RC has said that CocoCay was built with three ships in mind.  🙂 

6 hours ago, BNBR said:

Just go early.  We got off around 9 or so, maybe a tad earlier, and were the only ones at the beach for quite some time.  Almost nobody at the pool either.  A couple hours later and much, much busier.  But still never overcrowded.

This is my plan. I want to go early explore while no one is around I’ll stake out a spot for our friends and take a nap till everyone invades the island.  Lol.  

Two ships in when we were there a few weeks ago...NO CROWDING at all. 

Where are the MYTHBUSTERS when ya need them?

The place is designed for more than 10K people...unless 2 Oasis class ships are there together (which doesn't happen)...CROWDING IS NOT A REAL THING.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

9 hours ago, BNBR said:

Ditto. I want to say that it was crowded when we were there on Symphony a few weeks ago (just one ship).  But there were still chairs available and no wait to get food, so I guess it was really just busy, not crowded. 

Per http://crew-center.com/perfect-day-coco-cay-bahamas-cruise-ships-schedule-2020

February 5, 2020 - Oasis and Symphony will both be docked at Coco Cay.  However, the February 1 sailing for Symphony sailing is not available via the Royal Caribbean website and the RCI app doesn't show the February 1 sailing.

oasis-symphony-cococay-feb5.PNG.9c2febb9b62ab7011cbafffbdf3a31a5.PNG

November 29, 2020 - Three ships in Coco Cay?  I can't find the itinerary for Odyssey that visits Coco Cay on that day.

3ships-cococay-nov29.PNG.45c68cf97a07ce3977fb89e69252565a.PNG

I would love to see pictures of two Oasis class ships at Coco Cay and three ships docked there as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, soremekun said:

Per http://crew-center.com/perfect-day-coco-cay-bahamas-cruise-ships-schedule-2020

February 5, 2020 - Oasis and Symphony will both be docked at Coco Cay.  However, the February 1 sailing for Symphony sailing is not available via the Royal Caribbean website and the RCI app doesn't show the February 1 sailing.

oasis-symphony-cococay-feb5.PNG.9c2febb9b62ab7011cbafffbdf3a31a5.PNG

November 29, 2020 - Three ships in Coco Cay?  I can't find the itinerary for Odyssey that visits Coco Cay on that day.

3ships-cococay-nov29.PNG.45c68cf97a07ce3977fb89e69252565a.PNG

I would love to see pictures of two Oasis class ships at Coco Cay and three ships docked there as well.

Don’t forget that most of those port schedules only get updated once when the itineraries are released.  Changes to the actual schedules are not always updated.

Our March cruise on Anthem still has us in port with a Navigator yet her itinerary was changed over 6 months ago.

For the Feb 5 date the ships appear to be chartered that week as you can’t actually get sailings on Royals website. 

3 hours ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Two ships in when we were there a few weeks ago...NO CROWDING at all. 

Where are the MYTHBUSTERS when ya need them?

The place is designed for more than 10K people...unless 2 Oasis class ships are there together (which doesn't happen)...CROWDING IS NOT A REAL THING.

Many theme parks in Orlando are designed for thousands of people and yet somehow everyone is still standing in lines for hours at the more popular attractions while there are no lines at others...........

I'm fairly certain pretty soon you'll start to see complaints about how long it takes to get a drink, chairs next to the pool, etc etc.

4 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

Many theme parks in Orlando are designed for thousands of people and yet somehow everyone is still standing in lines for hours at the more popular attractions while there are no lines at others...........

I'm fairly certain pretty soon you'll start to see complaints about how long it takes to get a drink, chairs next to the pool, etc etc.

Apples vs Oranges.

Scales are completely different.

Lines are inevitable any place more than 10 people congregate let alone thousands.

Coco Cay had more than 7K on the day we were there recently- no sign of crowding at all...and the longest line was for the tall slides in the Thrill Waterpark...ranging from 10-35 minutes.

Nothing to fret about.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001