Best Post Cruise Hotel/Itinerary for Family with Small Kids

mrsmeganford

Hi there!

We are planning an October 2020 week long cruise our of NOLA. We will fly in the morning of the cruise and head straight to the cruise but when we return we plan to stay overnight and get a late flight the following day.

What would be the best hotel to stay in near the cruise port? We are hoping for something close that will hold our bags before check-in time. We'll have a baby and 3 year old. What are the best things to do with 2 days in NOLA? Also what's the easiest/cheapest way to go from the hotel to the airport the next day?

9 hours ago, mrsmeganford said:

We will fly in the morning of the cruise and head straight to the cruise

This can be dicey with MSY-- while it is a major US city, there aren't multiple flights per day from most places. If for some reason you were delayed or cancelled it would put a bit of a damper on the trip. 

What would be the best hotel to stay in near the cruise port? We are hoping for something close that will hold our bags before check-in time.

The cruise port is near the French Quarter and there are tons of hotel options for every budget. If I had small kids with me I would most likely not want to stay right in the Quarter. On Canal just on the edge of it is The Ritz Carlton which is our favorite and there are often some decent deals depending on the time of year. Close by is The Roosevelt which is under the Hilton banner. In the mid level there are close by Marriott and Sheratons, and budget wise there are a number of options-- the Aloft looked very nice last time we were there. 

What are the best things to do with 2 days in NOLA?

It's sort of an eating and drinking town so those options will be limited with small children. There are a number of nice museums you can check out and it might be that just walking around during the daytime might be the most enjoyable. 

Also what's the easiest/cheapest way to go from the hotel to the airport the next day?

Uber-- about the same price as a taxi and much nicer than most New Orleans taxis. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2019 at 12:16 AM, mrsmeganford said:

Hi there!

We are planning an October 2020 week long cruise our of NOLA. We will fly in the morning of the cruise and head straight to the cruise but when we return we plan to stay overnight and get a late flight the following day.

What would be the best hotel to stay in near the cruise port? We are hoping for something close that will hold our bags before check-in time. We'll have a baby and 3 year old. What are the best things to do with 2 days in NOLA? Also what's the easiest/cheapest way to go from the hotel to the airport the next day?

There are tons of hotels. The closest to the port would be the Warehouse district/Convention Center hotels. I book hotwire and have recently gotten good deals on Marriott and Hilton Garden Inn. I've also seen Hyatt Place on there recently. Reviews for Marriott and Hilton Garden Inn are in the New Orleans section of my blog below. If you need any help let me know. I book a lot of New Orleans hotels. I'll be in one on Monday actually.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1