Johann & Sandra??

ScubaLu

We are cruising in early June 2020 with our 12 year old granddaughter with port stops in Cabo, Mazatlan, and Puerto Vallarta.  We have booked Stone Island (Mazatlán) thru Johann & Sandra and are looking at a Dolphin swim thru them, as well, in PV.  What has been your experience with this tour company?  Their prices are much better than those offered by our cruise line.  Any suggestions for excursions/activities in Cabo?  Is there a beach near where we tender that is within walking distance?  Thanks so much!

I have used them in the past with no problems.  That being said, there is really no reason to book a tour to Stone Island.  You can basically get off the ship and with a short walk catch the ferry on your own.  Then you just pick a place to eat and drink OYO.

I have used them many times without issue.  Book away.

wheezedr is correct you can do Stone Island yourself, I have many times.  But I think they offer a boat a bit of extras with thier excursion and you don't have to walk as much.  So if you have mobility issues the excursion may be better for you.

In Cabo this year I'm going to do the Resort Day Pass https://cabosanlucascruiseexcursions.com/

In the past in Cabo when you get off the tender and walk the pier to the Marina, there will be lots of people offering excursions.  For $10 each you can take a glass bottom boat, they'll give you a tour of the arches then bring you back or even drop you off over at Madono beach across the bay.  There you can eat and drink with your toes in the sand, people swim here too. They can also drop you off at Lovers beach and come back for you later, I've never done this, no facilities!!!  

In Cabo you can also just walk around the Marina walk, grab a drink on the way and head for town to just walk around.  I don't like to walk, so after getting off the tender and walking staright down the pier and straight ahead through the shops to the street ( not walking around the marina), on the street we like to grab a pedi-cab and have him ride us up to say The Giggling Marlin (restaurant in town) or Cabo Wabo and walk around from there.  When were done we'll grab another pedi-cab so we don't have to walk all the way back.

Hope this helps a little.  Happy crusing!!!

Edited by PekingeseLady

• 2 weeks later...

For Vallarta . . .   Johann & Sandra are third party tour brokers with a very good reputation.

However, the excursion operator that runs the Dolphin excursions in both Cabo and Vallarta are Cabo Adventures and Vallarta Adventures respectively.  They have a sweetheart contract with the cruise industry that makes the cruise ship the only entity that can sell any/all excursions run by the "Cabo/Vallarta Adventures" folks.  

Johann & Sandra may list Cabo/ Vallarta Adventures excursions but they can only sell to the non-cruise passenger world.

Enjoy! . . . 

On 12/3/2019 at 12:55 PM, ScubaLu said:

We are cruising in early June 2020 with our 12 year old granddaughter with port stops in Cabo, Mazatlan, and Puerto Vallarta.  We have booked Stone Island (Mazatlán) thru Johann & Sandra and are looking at a Dolphin swim thru them, as well, in PV.  What has been your experience with this tour company?  Their prices are much better than those offered by our cruise line.  Any suggestions for excursions/activities in Cabo?  Is there a beach near where we tender that is within walking distance?  Thanks so much!

We have used them many times.  If you go to Dolphin Adventures website in PV you can book your own..they sometimes have great discounts and then take a cab to and back. No problems! In CABO we go to the beach to the SANDBAR..take our 10 year old granddaughter and grab a table..have a few drinks and food in the shade while she can swim. Also like others say..stone island in your own is very easy..don’t spend the  $

Loved the Stone Island tour. Seas were a bit rough so the catamaran ride was extra fun and my friend was extra green.. It's a hard value to beat for $40 PP. Boat ride, lunch, open bar, plus two activities--you get tickets, so the grandkids can do more than their two while you sit back and enjoy the beach.