Sad news from Jack's Shack

soccersharon

We are saddened to report that Christopher ‘Topher’ Columbus dug his last hole on our beach and had his last cheeseburger at Jack’s Shack today   Our loyal best friend, companion and canine ambassador of good will left us tonight   He was fine all day, jumped into the car to come home but went under the deck at dinner time to pass away quietly  Topher gave us all a wonderful 12 years and will watch over us from above   We can all remember our good times with Topher through his many photos on the Internet   may he enjoy his new beach
Jack

• Like 6

I'm so sorry to hear this.  I lost a furbaby in July and it's heartbreaking.  I was literally just looking up info on Jack's Shack since I'll be in Grand Turk in Januay and had looked through Topher's pictures this morning.  Saying a prayer for Topher's human family and Calypso from South Carolina.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Joebucks said:

I lost a dog last year, and it still hurts to this day. At the age of 12, I feel it is safe to assume he at least lived a long life for a dog. I'm glad he lived that long and didn't die from some idiot tourist messing with him.

Dogs are unconditional ❤️ 

• Like 2

I'm so saddened by this.  My prayers and sympathy to Jack and all his family.  Topher was the best goodwill ambassador any beach bar (or any place at all, for that matter) could have had.  He has added immeasurably to our enjoyment of our many visits to Jack's Shack over the years.  He will be sorely missed by thousands from all over the world.  I was just one month away from being able to hang out with him for two days on my BTB.

• Like 4

We are so sad to hears this news. Our sincere condolences to the folks at Jack's Shack.  We had the privilege of hanging out with Topher on a number of occasions. Every time we've been to Grand Turk we would take a walk down to Jack's for some jerk chicken and to enjoy Topher's antics.  Topher has brightened so many peoples lives. He was  more than a "Good Boy".  He was the Best Boy.  Best darned Ambassador Grand Turk could ever have.  Topher, you'll be missed.  Thank you for making us smile.  I wish to someday be as good as you.  

Edited by SeaScout
spelling
  • Like 1