"Choir of Man" and "After Midnight" on Escape...Any Reviews?

Georgia_Peaches

What are these two shows about?  We'll be on Escape in February and was looking for reviews on either of these two shows.  Entertainment is subjective, like everything else, but would appreciate any feedback on the acts themselves...  Should we take time to see them?  Skip them?  Thank you!

We really enjoyed "Choir of Man." There is a story but it's more like different stories tied together my men in a pub. Each story is set to music and sung very well. Don't miss this one, and if you enjoy beer come early for some free beer with the cast.

Jerry 

I loved both, but especially Choir of Man. My husband doesn't always enjoy musicals, and he bought the soundtrack! Such a fun show. A lot of people do not like After Midnight, but we did. Some awesome tap dancing, although it does lack a plot.

We were on the in between time when COM went from free to fee to free.  Didn't feel like paying for it.  Gets lots of positive reviews.

After Midnight, a snoozer.  Cast is good but not story line.  Should have kept other show.

I paid for Choir of Man on the Escape in July of 2018 when the original guys were still there and it was the best show I've seen on a cruise ship. We saw it in the supper club and everyone in my group thought it was great!

It was my wifes birthday and I mentioned it to the guys when I went up on stage for a beer pre-show and they brought her up for the part where the guitar player serenades someone.

My niece was also brought up for the pina colada song.

Just a fun, feel good show. Do not miss it.

As for After Midnight, we walked out after about 10 minutes. I will say that we had had a very long day and were extremely tired but it didn't grab our attention so we walked.

The Escape is a great ship so enjoy.

We're sailing Encore in 45 days!

• Like 1

We both really enjoyed BOTH shows on the Escape in October.  In fact, we both agreed that Choir of Man was the best show we have seen to date on ANY cruise ship.  It rivals some of the Broadway shows I have seen and enjoyed.  After Midnight was great as well.  We would absolutely see both shows again.

14 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

What are these two shows about?  We'll be on Escape in February and was looking for reviews on either of these two shows.  Entertainment is subjective, like everything else, but would appreciate any feedback on the acts themselves...  Should we take time to see them?  Skip them?  Thank you!

Both shows are great. Going to see a show on a cruise ship doesn’t cost you anything other than an hour of your time. You should never skip a show. Expand your horizons. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, waterjock said:

Choir of men a must see the reviews are excellent. After midnight i have seen many people walk out in the middle of the show. I  lasted a little longer.

I only lasted about 20 minutes with After Midnight.  Felt meandering, not my thing.

Wow! Glad to see almost everyone enjoyed Choir of Man as much as we did.

We are already booked to see it again on Encore and looking forward to seeing the new set and whatever else they changed.

My daughter, just yesterday told me, she wants to see it more than once when we sail in January.

Who am I to disappoint her. Lol!

I saw "Choir Of Men" when we had to pay for it on the Escape.  I wasn't wowed.  I saw it again when it was "included".  I still wasn't wowed.  It have have to do with that I'm not a beer drinker.

I liked "After Midnight" both times that I saw it.

Bottom line....both shows are included with your fare.  Go in...and if you don't like it....walk out.  Everyone's taste is different.  I saw "Ford vs Ferrari" with a friend; I loved it, she hated it.

Saw "After Midnight" on Escape last year. Thought it was fantastic. True, it doesn't have a plot, but it is a musical revue.

I'm a big fan of 30s and 40s jazz, so the Duke Ellington music was right up my alley, It is meant as a re-creation of Harlem's Cotton Club from that era. The musicianship, singing and dancing is awesome. People leaving early missed the female solo toward the end which was chilling.

• Like 1

Yes, that female solo gave me shivers up my spine too, it was so amazing!  My friends & I enjoyed "After Midnight" so much we went twice.  I recommend it to anyone who has even the slightest interest in dance and in the music of that era and/or good musicianship.

"Choir of Man" was either for a fee or wasn't available when I was on the Escape - I didn't see that one.

We saw Choir of Man in the supper club on the Escape, for a fee with dinner included in October 2018.  I really enjoyed the talented singers and the music choices were great, my partner doesn't love this type of show and he even liked it.  Love that they ended with a John Farnham song called "You're the Voice" that speaks to the world we live in today.  Just booked a 10 day on the Escape and plan see this more than once.

• Thanks 1

Choir of Men was one of the best shows we have seen on a cruise.  The songs are popular, and the talent was incredible.  There is a reason Choir of Men is a touring musical off ships.  After Midnight...whole other story.  I still regret the time I lost sitting through that.  Unless you are a fan of obscure Duke Ellington hits (honestly we did not recognize or enjoy even one song), this is probably not for you.  You can always book it and take a seat in the back and leave if you want to.  Unfortunately we were sitting in one of the first rows and despite the torture, I just couldn't be rude to the cast.  It wasn't there fault the songs were boring or that there was no plot.