"Choir of Man" and "After Midnight" on Escape...Any Reviews?

Georgia_Peaches

Choir Of Man was ok.  After Midnight absolutely dismal.  We were not the only people running out of the theater during that one...  I'd say go for it, can always leave early.

If Wine Lovers the Musical is still there, we really enjoyed it and thought it was worth the small fee (good food and wine).

Edited by BNBR

56 minutes ago, BNBR said:

Choir Of Man was ok.  After Midnight absolutely dismal.  We were not the only people running out of the theater during that one...  I'd say go for it, can always leave early.

If Wine Lovers the Musical is still there, we really enjoyed it and thought it was worth the small fee (good food and wine).

"Wine Lovers" was another one I could have lived without.   Again....it's all about your taste.

18 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

For a fee?  Jeezz, never heard of a main theater show (that wasn't a Circ or dinner mystery type) having a fee to enter.  Glad NCL reversed their thinking on that one.

Yes, when first out it was for fee like $20 pp.  2018 then moved to main theater for free.

Been on numerous NCL's with numerous shows being variety , specialty, comedy, magicians.

One negative on the bigger ships is that they have 2/3 main shows the same all week. 

At least with variety type shows , every nite could be different..

But then again , if u liked a big show , you might see it 3 times in one week.

18 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

For a fee?  Jeezz, never heard of a main theater show (that wasn't a Circ or dinner mystery type) having a fee to enter.  Glad NCL reversed their thinking on that one.

As someone else said, Choir of Man was in the supper club and included a somewhat mediocre meal of bangers and mash (there was a couple of substitutes). I believe it was something like $17.99 and while we do not usually go for anything with an upcharge (especially entertainment), we all walked out thrilled with the show.

My daughter and 2 nieces fell in love with a couple of the guys too. 

Soon thereafter the show moved to the main theater and no longer had a fee.

And now on the Encore, they've installed a new set and maybe the show will have something new too.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

Yes, when first out it was for fee like $20 pp.  2018 then moved to main theater for free.

Yes. i remember that. i still have my confirmation when i paid that fee. They also charged gratuity on top of that 20 dollars too. 

image.thumb.png.61c68a94238e98934bb0a5ad772648c8.png

When For the Record: The Brat Pack contract ended and kicked off the ship, the Choir of man moved from the supper club venue to the theater for a free show 

7 hours ago, bkrickles1 said:

And now on the Encore, they've installed a new set and maybe the show will have something new too.

On 12/5/2019 at 12:05 PM, bkrickles1 said:

I paid for Choir of Man on the Escape in July of 2018 ...........

We're sailing Encore in 45 days!

Have seen Choir of Man twice in last month - on Encore and on Escape.  I found the bigger set and the whole experience to be far superior on Encore.  

• 3 weeks later...

We were on the Encore for the first two cruises out of Miami. The Million Dollar Quartet on the Getaway has been my favorite show for a few years until now. I really enjoyed the Choir of Man. My wife only saw it twice. She likes sleep, quiet time and gambling more than I do so I saw it six times. So I have a new favorite show. Good guys in the cast and many of them I saw singing in other places in the ship on there off nights.

• Like 1

We were on the Escape back in March and absolutely adored Choir of Man. All of the cast members were great. After Midnight was a good show and some of the cast were stellar, but there were some weaker performers that detracted from the show a bit. Both were well worth attending and arriving early to get a decent seat. We hated how hard it was to get decent seats on the Escape. 

• Thanks 1

I have to agree with those who were underwhelmed (if not outright bored) by "After Midnight". The cast members were very talented, so my opinion has nothing to do with their talent. I just hated the show itself. I probably would have walked out, but I was with the solo travelers group, so I suffered through. There were quite a few in our group that didn't like it. I definitely plan to skip it this time, and quite frankly, I'm both shocked and disappointed that it's still on the ship four years later.

As for "Choir of Man," I have not seen it in its entirety, but I have watched several clips (such as the one posted above) and I can't say that I'm at all enticed by it. Good thing I don't cruise for the shows. lol

• Like 1