Polynesian Cultural Center

bjc0327

We are going to be in Honolulu Jan. 3rd 2020. want to book excursion through the Cultural Center but wondering if anyone has had experience with that. We are afraid of getting off the ship in time to be picked up at 7:15 am and back on ship by 10:30 pm. We will be on Princess arriving at 7 am and leaving at 11 pm

That is one excursion I would do with Princess if you are attending the luau. We gat back to the ship around 10;40 which is after the time they told us to be back. 

Side note. One of the main reason we took that cruise was to visit my son who was in the army. He had been to Iraq. Turns out he could not get off base that day so we went to the Center instead. When we Got back, late, out son was there waiting for us. Princess gave us an addition 15 minutes to be with our son before we had to board. We were the only passengers in the terminal.  I will always be appreciative to Princess for the 15 minutes, 

• Like 6

Hawaiian traffic is big city bad.  We got back to our hotel after 11:30 p.m. when we did the all day tour.  

I agree either do it through the cruise line or pay through the nose to take a taxi / ride share back.  It's too close.  

Does anyone know the ending time for the luau portion? We're looking at spending the day, but are thinking of cutting out before HA to make the 10:30p back aboard. (I get that HA is the BIG show, but gotta do what we gotta do...)

Edited by Buckimion

55 minutes ago, Buckimion said:

We're looking at spending the day, but are thinking of cutting out before HA to make the 10:30p back aboard. (I get that HA is the BIG show, but gotta do what we gotta do...)

Cannot comment about the luau, but as to the show you mention here is something from a website that might help:

Hā: Breath of Life, is a stunning evening show featuring over 100 Polynesia performers, special effects, animation and surround sound. It is a story of passion, ignited by fire, song, and dance. This 90-minute, world-famous, award-winning show is a MUST see and truly an unforgettable experience.

(We will add that the above description of the show is strictly theirs.  We are just noting how long it takes).

Edited by Silver Sweethearts