Debarkation and flight times

MickeyG

A question for all seasoned HAL cruisers.......Our ship is returning to Ft. Lauderdale between 7-8 AM. Is 3 PM a reasonable time to book a flight on the day our ship returns to port? We are flying out of Ft. Lauderdale. We'd like to get to the airport no later than 1PM.

Thanks....Mick

• Like 1

You should not have any problem at all making that flight.  The airport is fairly close to the port and is no more than 15 minutes away.  I usually try for a flight around noon so I am not rushed, but you will have no problem making a 3 PM flight even if the port is crowded that day.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MickeyG said:

A question for all seasoned HAL cruisers.......Our ship is returning to Ft. Lauderdale between 7-8 AM. Is 3 PM a reasonable time to book a flight on the day our ship returns to port? We are flying out of Ft. Lauderdale. We'd like to get to the airport no later than 1PM.

Thanks....Mick

Extremely reasonable 🙂. You’ll be fine with tons of time to spare 😄 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pascal030 said:

At what time does Independent Disembarkation usually start at Port Everglades?

Very early.   As I recall it started close to 7 am and most passengers are off by 8:45.   That includes independent 

Edited by Mary229

Self-disembarkation generally begins about 7:30, give or take 15 minutes. Tag colors/numbers start about 15 minutes later, organized by on-going arrangements. People with earlier flights get the earlier disembarkation times; those with later flights, the later times. Those without time sensitive arrangements are later than those with a deadline. 
Final call is generally about 9:30-9:45; I have heard it more than once. 

3 hours ago, pascal030 said:

At what time does Independent Disembarkation usually start at Port Everglades?

Our experience on 11/10 getting off the Nieuw Statendam.......we requested early/self-disembarkation and it was scheduled for 7:30 but they started at 7:15.....We were in Uber and at FLL at 8am. Easy as it could be.

We are "sold" on early disembarkation....but remember, you are your own porter and you are hauling off your luggage.  HAL makes that perfectly clear many, many, many times but when we were departing, there were some sorry souls that struggled with their luggage and some that, as inconsiderate as it is, managed to end up with stewards doing the hauling for them......I have no use for those fellow passengers and think their luggage should be tossed in the Atlantic.