Project Runway

retiring soon

I spent over three decades in the culinary field, all the while yearning to do fashion design.  A chef that speaks well does well, a  chef that dresses well does even better. 

• Like 1

I was wondering about PR and saw the banner across my NBC app on the Roku. Did everyone know that the NBC app has multiple networks on it now? Most seem too, but I didn't know that Bravo was on the NBC app. I streamed the first one Tuesday? And then Friday.

I like the animal print challenge a lot but I call BS on the one designer that didn't even address the challenge and just made whatever he wanted. I thought it was ridiculous that he was safe though I understood he made a quality garment, I guess. Also...after Christian said what would a person that dresses like this wear on the street? I thought that was an intriguing angle and would have liked to see the designer go there...but instead it seemed like he just embellished his gown with more ruffles than before...making it even more less street. Whatever.

I agreed with the winner. It hit all the buttons on the challenge. I really liked the updated skort a lot. 

Hi all!

Nice to see you here!

I felt like they could have sent both designers home again this week! It was a surprise last week but I liked it!!

I'm really liking Christian this season. I guess his experience last season helped him show more of himself.

Looking forward to Thursday to see what they will do.

Have a great week.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Unconventional challenge — ugh, not again - it’s become SO conventional!!!  And the Christmas theme did not improve it one bit, imo. 

That being said, I loved the top two designs: the basket/wrapping paper one for its originality...and the tailoring!!! How did he do that with wrapping paper???! — and the red petal dress for sheer impact and shapeliness. 

I feel they sent home the wrong designer.  I thought Alan’s skirt, at least, was flattering and interesting, and the judges needed to keep in mind that it is not snowy and cold everywhere at Christmas, so a “bare” look is not entirely out of the question. Tyler’s look, imo, was nothing - no style, horrible shape, completely unwearable. Yet he stayed. 

I’m not happy. 

I didn't even realize that there was going to be a new season until I was looking for something on my DVR and found out it had taped (I had set the DVR a couple of years ago to tape all new episodes).

For me, it is just not the same without Tim Gunn.☹️

I haven't watched all of this week's yet but I was not sad to see the two go on the first episode or the one from the second. 

I don't have a favorite yet.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

Laura ~ yes that was a shocking comment! Who knew she's married to a Kushner?! I thought he'd be leaving for sure after saying that but then he has had garments they weren't happy with at least 3 times! First drama of the season, lol!

~ Jo ~ 😊

• 1 month later...

Just finished watching the “Sheer” episode. (Recorded it since we spent last week on the Edge, a ship full of amazing designs.) The differences between the top two and the bottom two were HUGE! Not sure I agree with the judges’ decision, though either top one could have won, and both bottom ones deserved to go home. Had it not been specified to be an editorial look, I might have been shaking my head wondering “What are they thinking?”

On 2/6/2020 at 11:13 PM, Anita Latte said:

Sooooooo...I know this thread is about Project Runway...but I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen Next in Fashion on Netflix? It's another sewing design runway challenge type reality show.

Meeee!  I'm on the semi-final! I will finish the season off tonight!

I'm in the middle of Next in Fashion too.  I'm not sure why the 'Dragon Princesses' won a couple of those challenges.  Seems to me that they are just overfond of neon sacks with lots of drawstrings.  I did find their pink dress for the red carpet amazing.  I would have loved to wear that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2020 at 9:13 PM, Anita Latte said:

Sooooooo...I know this thread is about Project Runway...but I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen Next in Fashion on Netflix? It's another sewing design runway challenge type reality show.

I have them downloaded to watch on the plane and on my cruise this week! I'm sort of scrolling through the comments with one eye closed to avoid any spoilers lol.

I agree with ams1130 - Victoria’s design was initially interesting and will add very flattering to the thin models. If I recall correctly the only other design she gave us was that hideous tie dye ruffled shirt & ugly jeans.  She should have gone home on that outfit. She is a one trick pony.

Could not believe Victoria shaded Nancy for doing the voluminous pants twice, when she keeps her same design week to week. Victoria’s runway would be sooooo boring! 

Retiring soon, completely agree her attitude is horrible. I believe she was upset Christian used his save for Brittany...who deserved it! Also so funny when she was upset no one went home last week. Thought the judges made the right decision not to send anyone home as all of their clients were happy with their outfits.

I am looking forward (ha ha) to what she will “design” this week! 

• Like 3

Agree with you about Brittany - her butterfly dress was so unexpected and lovely.
I like Sergio’s gowns and his sewing seems to be impeccable. Unfortunately his over confidence is alienating the judges. Wish he would just say thank you for the critique and leave it at that. I would like to see him in the finals too. At least Project Runway gives the designers months to prepare for the finale. I enjoy this show a lot! 
Looking forward to the avant guard challenge too. Who else would you like to see in the finals?

Denise

• Like 1