Project Runway

retiring soon

• 2 months later...
On 10/11/2020 at 11:52 AM, retiring soon said:

HI all!

I see Christian has a new show on Bravo called "So Siriano" but I don't get that channel

through my provider.😢 Sounds like it is a talk show.

Wish "Project Runway" would come back.

Take care & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

I do get Bravo, but never saw "So Siriano listed or advertised.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
20 hours ago, jklc123 said:

Watched it, too.  Many of the contestants seem to be already established designers. Seemed weird that the contestant who presented a design made for him by Bones wasn’t disqualified.

Yes I thought it strange that he was not disqualified. I was proud of him for being honest about it. Most would not have been.

Jo,

Agree about the drama. I wish she would have just said no, I’ve already cut the fabric for my model. Sorry, should have asked yesterday before I cut my fabric.  Also Kenneth didn’t even use his original “Asian” design he wanted to put his exchanged model into. His patchwork top was just sad.

I was looking forward to seeing his original design.

The majority of the designers this season appear to be very creative. However, I cannot stand the “clownish” fashion being presented, as well as worn, by Kate (I think that’s her name). Colorful outfits can be fun, but these seem to lack design as well as taste (in my opinion). She would be better designing for children…probably would be very successful too!

Looking forward to this week’s show. 

• Like 1

😂😂moose poop is a lot larger too, so your statement is apropos!

I was waiting for the judges to say Bones’ 2nd design had won the first week challenge….now that would have been fascinating to watch all of the designers reactions!  Wally, I do agree the boobage on Bones’ golden yellow outfit was off.  None of the judges said anything about it. Personally I would have given him top designer too - he had 2 stunning outfits in the top three!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

Has anyone been watching Project Runway over the past few weeks? 
Miss hearing from all of you!

The winning Tara Lipinski dress was beautiful - it was ethereal. I’m impressed with this designer and look forward to seeing more of her creations. Some of the outfits were ridiculous - esp the huge purple shirt for Johnny Weir and the dress 😵💫.

The accessory challenge was enjoyable to watch as the designers collaborated with one another. Bones was very lucky he wasn’t eliminated. That dress was so ugly. He seems to be either hit or miss. 
Happy holidays,

Denise

• 1 month later...

No discussion about this season in some time. Drama has died down, I suppose, although I expected way more drama from this week’s Housewives episode. This week I totally agree with the choice of the winner and of the designer who had to go home.

• Like 1

Jklc123 and Laurab23, agree with both winner/loser choices and observation about Christian.

I truly liked the beige dress, where designer thought it resembled a dress for a Greek goddess.  If the designer had put the housewife’s hair up with tumbling curls down her back, it would have been perfect - not the winning outfit, but stunning. The housewife in the hot pink dress looked lovely, but the dress, other than the sleeve, did not seem original to me. Chantel’s design seemed very original. It looked great on the runway.  Happy Christian saved her as she has really risen to the top.

The bottom two outfits were so badly designed and executed. I really thought Anna would be a finalist, but her last two bad designs sent her home.

Have been enjoying this season a lot.  Hope you all are well and Happy New Year! 

Denise

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

I'm still watching & enjoying this season. I like it when the designers get along.

Denise ~ my cruises were great. I am so glad I went even with all the testing etc.

2 weeks from today I'll be heading to the airport hotel to fly out to New Orleans to do a NCL cruise followed by a Carnival one, if all goes well.🤞

Yikes that guest judge last week sure had some push up bra on or something! That was too much!!

Have a great 2022 & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

• 3 weeks later...

Jo, I hope you are onboard right now having a cocktail and gazing out at the water! Truly hope you have a lovely time!

I thought the PR finale was one of the best in years!  All four designers worked so hard and put together great collections! Even liked Kristina’s work this time as they were mostly fitted vs baggy. Coral’s final piece, with the head halo was fantastic.  I have always loved the colorful designs from Mexico and So. America - I’d buy that jacket (probably couldn’t afford it though 😂😂). Chastity’s collection was lovely, but I wish it had been more colorful. Shantel’s collection was interesting and beautifully designed. I’m just happy I didn’t have to judge them. 

Sorry this season has ended.  Looking forward to next year.

Denise

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

HI all!

Denise ~ I had a great time on my cruises but missed the PR finale as I was in Central Time zone so just saw the end. Hopefully if my pvr recorded I'll be seeing it soon.

Look forward to it if you say it was really a good one.

Yes, see you next time.

Sure hope things are back to normal by then.

Stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Is anyone watching the current season? It’s like a Nina invitational with designers from previous seasons (even season 1) that Nina wanted to see again. So many of my fave designers back…

Episode 1 was intro to all the designers…Episode 2 had them redesigning the look that sent them home on their season or their lowest scored design if they were a finalist. This week is the unconventional materials challenge with the designers shopping in FAO Schwarz. I’m streaming episode 3 right now…

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Anita Latte said:

Is anyone watching the current season? It’s like a Nina invitational with designers from previous seasons (even season 1) that Nina wanted to see again. So many of my fave designers back…

Episode 1 was intro to all the designers…Episode 2 had them redesigning the look that sent them home on their season or their lowest scored design if they were a finalist. This week is the unconventional materials challenge with the designers shopping in FAO Schwarz. I’m streaming episode 3 right now…

I'm watching it. I had forgotten about this long-running thread!  I  agree about the designers, it is interesting to see them again and hear what they've been up to. Nina is her usual whippersnapper self too. 😁

• Like 1