Independence pulling into Miami now?

Boarding the Navigator today, and on the way to the port we saw the Independence pulling in to Port Miami at 9:45am. 

Is it off schedule?  Something going on?  I found a strangely written article that is dated today, but has strange dates that don’t make sense in the article. Also, the article makes it sound like the Independence should be in Port Everglades. 

Anybody know anything?

We have a family member on board.  No indication of noro.  A family did leave the ship.  They are now underway.  The Valliant News article is 2 years old, but dated today.  Here is a link to the original Miami Herald article with the dates making sense.

https://www.miamiherald.com/living/travel/cruises/article190143054.html

Check your info before making any inflammatory claims.

I’m on the ship now...we went back to Miami for a medical emergency, not Norovirus. I think we’re still headed to Cozumel but for a shortened stop.  Waiting to hear the official word...

Edited by scurrymd
  • Like 1

we just got off the Indy yesterday and I never heard what the medical emergency was?

the funny story for me was I didn't know we turned around in the middle of the night and Friday morning I am on my balcony reading and first I started seeing little boats far away, and I said to my husband that is so weird for a boat that size to be out in the middle of the Gulf?🙄 and he said your seeing things lol so I went back to reading a few minuets go by and I see a southwest plane really low going over the ship and I am like what the heck is happening and I say again a plane just went over the ship and he says again are you sure LOL then all of sudden we started to turn and far away you could see a large city and I made him come on the balcony and he says it must be Havana LOL🤔  and I said that is no way Havana I think it is Miami and not even a minute later the captain came on and said we had to turn around for a medical emergency. 

we did make it to Cozumel but instead of 8 am it was 12:30 but they extended our stay to 9:00 pm

it all work out.

just hope who ever had the emergency is ok.