Pacific Princess Questions

Steelers36

Hi.  I have some questions for folks who have sailed this ship recently (within past year or so, say).

1.  For Inside and OV cabins that can accommodate 3/4 people, are the bunks stowed in the ceiling?  (This is what I got from a Princess agent).  It is important because I would consider a cabin if I have to with the additional bunks as long as they are not in the way (not visible).

2.  Has anyone stayed in the Obstructed OV's on Dec 6?  They are in a "sideways" configuration, but this ship pre-dates the newer sideways on the Royal Class ships and I am just wondering what those are like compared to the regular OV's and Insides.  Looks like a couple of them are not too badly obstructed.

3. I realize the Inside rooms are listed as several square feet smaller than on newer Grand/Crown class ships.  Any comments?  I will search for some recent photos. 

4. Looks like the best Insides are on Deck 7 since Deck 8 has Lido above.

5.  Do you know which Insides have the small sofa?

6.  I realize this is not a MedallionClass ship, but has it been outfitted with the fast internet?  (It doesn't appear so).  Considering 24 nights in Mediterranean area in Fall 2021 and would want that to be able to research and keep in touch with on-shore connections and activities.

I had thought the PA was leaving the fleet, but doesn't seem to be in the cards anytime soon with her scheduled at least until Nov 2, 2021 (arriving into PE, FL).

Thanks.

On 12/6/2019 at 6:10 PM, steelers36 said:

Hi.  I have some questions for folks who have sailed this ship recently (within past year or so, say).

1.  For Inside and OV cabins that can accommodate 3/4 people, are the bunks stowed in the ceiling?  (This is what I got from a Princess agent).  It is important because I would consider a cabin if I have to with the additional bunks as long as they are not in the way (not visible).  YES, in the ceilings.

2.  Has anyone stayed in the Obstructed OV's on Dec 6?  They are in a "sideways" configuration, but this ship pre-dates the newer sideways on the Royal Class ships and I am just wondering what those are like compared to the regular OV's and Insides.  Looks like a couple of them are not too badly obstructed.  Have found out these are quite small - smaller than other cabins and the cabins are generally already a bit smaller on this ship it seems.  Not interested.

3. I realize the Inside rooms are listed as several square feet smaller than on newer Grand/Crown class ships.  Any comments?  I will search for some recent photos. 

4. Looks like the best Insides are on Deck 7 since Deck 8 has Lido above.  Yes, this is a consensus.  You can get noise including pool pumps coming through the ceiling, but may not bother everyone.  Also, try not to stay forward as more motion on this ship than the larger ones.  We don't book far forward in any case.

5.  Do you know which Insides have the small sofa?  It appears all of them on Deck 7/8 do.  Please correct me if wrong.

6.  I realize this is not a MedallionClass ship, but has it been outfitted with the fast internet?  (It doesn't appear so).  Considering 24 nights in Mediterranean area in Fall 2021 and would want that to be able to research and keep in touch with on-shore connections and activities.  I would REALLY like to know the answer to this one!!

I had thought the PA was leaving the fleet, but doesn't seem to be in the cards anytime soon with her scheduled at least until Nov 2, 2021 (arriving into PE, FL).

Thanks.

Surprised that still no one has responded.  I have since found some of my own answers and opinions and they are posted above in red.

On 12/6/2019 at 5:10 PM, steelers36 said:
On 12/6/2019 at 5:10 PM, steelers36 said:

6.  I realize this is not a MedallionClass ship, but has it been outfitted with the fast internet?  (It doesn't appear so).  Considering 24 nights in Mediterranean area in Fall 2021 and would want that to be able to research and keep in touch with on-shore connections and activities.

I am on the Pacific later this month. There so far is no indication that MedallionNet is installed.

From the Princess web site. Does not look like the Pacific is scheduled for MedallionNet.

Find cruises on ships with MedallionNet available:  Caribbean Princess® | Coral Princess® | Crown Princess® | Emerald Princess® | Island Princess® | Regal Princess® | Royal Princess® | Ruby Princess®Sky Princess®

Coming soon to:  Grand Princess® (Dec 3, 2019), Diamond Princess® (Mar 15, 2020), Majestic Princess® (Apr 18, 2020), Star Princess® (Jun 12, 2020), Enchanted Princess® (Jun 15, 2020), Sapphire Princess® (Jul 27, 2020), and Discovery Princess℠ (Nov 3, 2021)

6 hours ago, caribill said:

I am on the Pacific later this month. There so far is no indication that MedallionNet is installed.

1 hour ago, skynight said:

From the Princess web site. Does not look like the Pacific is scheduled for MedallionNet.

Find cruises on ships with MedallionNet available:  Caribbean Princess® | Coral Princess® | Crown Princess® | Emerald Princess® | Island Princess® | Regal Princess® | Royal Princess® | Ruby Princess®Sky Princess®

Coming soon to:  Grand Princess® (Dec 3, 2019), Diamond Princess® (Mar 15, 2020), Majestic Princess® (Apr 18, 2020), Star Princess® (Jun 12, 2020), Enchanted Princess® (Jun 15, 2020), Sapphire Princess® (Jul 27, 2020), and Discovery Princess℠ (Nov 3, 2021)

I agree with both of you.  I am just wondering if they upgraded to a faster internet or if it still has the old horrible sloooowwww internet.

18 hours ago, steelers36 said:

I agree with both of you.  I am just wondering if they upgraded to a faster internet or if it still has the old horrible sloooowwww internet.

With MedallionNet being the only faster Internet that Princess has, I would expect the old slow Internet for us.

If you are Platinum or Elite, you can turn in your free minutes plus a good bit of $$$$ for unlimited Internet.

I suspect fewer responses are coming on this as not so many cruisers have sailed on a small ship that does longer cruises and your questions are a bit technically specific.

If you are looking at Deck 6 obstructed Ocean View cabins sideways on I am thinking Deck 3 Ocean View cabins might be a better option to consider.  These are on the Tender Deck and their "Obstruction" is simply having a smaller sized window than cabins on the deck above have.

Regards John

Edited by john watson
  • Thanks 1

I was on the Pacific Princess last Christmas and New Year’s. I was in cabin #7040 which is a sideways cabin (category IB). It is not like the sideways cabins on the Royal Princess. This is pretty much like the old style inside cabins without the closet hallway between the bathroom and the remainder of the cabin.

I think that deck 7 is the best location for both inside and balcony cabins.

I was surprised that the pictures showed a small sofa in the room but it had been removed and replaced with a chair and a small table. I was not happy!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, caribill said:

With MedallionNet being the only faster Internet that Princess has, I would expect the old slow Internet for us.

If you are Platinum or Elite, you can turn in your free minutes plus a good bit of $$$$ for unlimited Internet.

Found the answer.

Edited by jagoffee

4 hours ago, TwoCruisers said:

I was surprised that the pictures showed a small sofa in the room but it had been removed and replaced with a chair and a small table. I was not happy!

I have had a sideways cabin twice on that size Princess ship. Once there was a small sofa. Once there was not..

8 hours ago, john watson said:

If you are looking at Deck 6 obstructed Ocean View cabins sideways on I am thinking Deck 3 Ocean View cabins might be a better option to consider.  These are on the Tender Deck and their "Obstruction" is simply having a smaller sized window than cabins on the deck above have.

I agree on choosing deck 3 over an obstructed view on deck 6.

It is a very low traffic area, so only those with cabins there and the cabin steward go down that hallway.

Although it is the tender deck, passengers access the tender down a different stairway/elevator and do not walk past the cabins.

A view from the porthole window is shown below.

029 11.09.10 Cabin 3023 porthole view of sunrise near Yalta 100_5321.JPG

• Like 2