Grand Voyage Orchestra - Durban to Venice formal nights

EssG

Hi...we are booked on the Durban to Venice cruise (Orchestra) in April. Does anyone know how many formal nights there is on these longer voyages and also what the weather will be like in Europe beginning May

Thanks

You don't say how long the cruise is for (and I can't access it on either the Ireland or UK sites at the moment as they're both acting up 🙄).  However, we did the Venice-Durban itinerary and had at least 4 'Elegant' nights.

Weather in May can be very pleasant in the Med - not too hot.  However, we spent a few days in May one year in the Lake Garda region before boarding Preziosa in Venice with beautiful weather and were told we were very lucky as it had been really cold with a lot of snow the previous week!  So, Northern Italy at that time of year can be a tricky one to say.  You should be fine until at least you reach Venice, though.

I hope you come back and tell us all about your trip - we're considering doing Durban-Venice in 2021 but are unsure about how things are done on that specific itinerary.  Specifically, we're looking at Aurea but don't know if the drinks package or MyChoice will be included (they're not when the ships are doing the Sth Africa itineraries).

Thanks Beamafar ...its 26 days /25nights  https://www.msccruises.com/en-gl/Plan-Book/Cruise-Detail.aspx?cruiseid=OR20200418DURVCE  May have to pack a jacket or two as I get cold really easy and we will be in Venice for 3 days post cruise.

Since neither hubby or I consume alcohol  and Hubby wakes up as soon as there is even a glimmer of light (  tried balcony on Princess and he was awake at 4am every morning so we now only ever book internal cabins), the additional perks in Aurea class  are  just not worth paying more than double  PP for us: .  Will def give a report  when we get back about the cruise 🙂

• Like 2

16 hours ago, sidari said:

Hi Was ... Hope you guys have a great cruise next year, a shame you are not on the Xmas cruise this year.

The bandage you gave me came in handy again while Kerry recovered from her fractured ankle.

Where are you and Kerry off to this time Dave?

16 hours ago, sidari said:

Hi Ess ... Sailing out of Miami again on Meraviglia to Costa Maya, Belize and Roatan plus Ocean Cay now that it is open.

Lucky you guys: sure you will have an amazing time....we also want to do the Caribbean again. Will need to be at least 14 days though to make it worth the trip from Aus. 😀

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We are looking at a Capetown to Venice Itinerary on Opera in March 2021.

The map route on the MSC website shows Egypt as a destination but the Itinerary just shows 'Suez Canal (Transit)'. Do we actually get to visit Egypt or does the ship just go through the canal?

Many thanks