Jewel arrival 7 hours late into Aqaba

hallasm

Jewel of the Seas arrived today (Saturday, December 7) at 2 pm local time for Aqaba in Jordan - 7 hours later than scheduled arrival.

The late arrival was due to a ship having technical problems blocking the Suez Canal so that the Suez Canal passage was delayed 7 hours.

To compensate for the late arrival, the scheduled departure today Saturday at 8 pm has been moved to Sunday at 8 pm - most excursions have been moved from Saturday to Sunday or to later today.

I think everyone with private tours has found a solution. No other Cruise ships in Aqaba.

The cruise continues towards Oman one day late, and instead of six days at sea we must settle for five.  The speed slightly increased so that we will arrive in Oman at the scheduled time December 14.

Many thanks to the captain for this fine solution.

Jewel started her 16-night cruise from Civitavecchia to Dubai on Saturday, November 30.

04181232-666A-44B0-A104-1306BDE7A7C6.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/9/2019 at 7:02 AM, TinkBellaMom said:

Waiting to hear an answer to this question too.

Not got any valid answer yet. I’ll post as soon as I have more details than “probably not before 2022”

6 minutes ago, pinebro said:

Hallasm did you get to stop into Petra? 

I did not go to Petra myself - have been in Petra at earlier cruise.

All scheduled tours In Aqaba including Petra as planned the day after arrival.

Did leave Aqaba one day late - increased speed through the Red Sea and Gulf of Aden.

On 12/11/2019 at 6:51 AM, hallasm said:

Not got any valid answer yet. I’ll post as soon as I have more details than “probably not before 2022”

Thank you!  Sailing on her out of Amsterdam July 2021, to see a bit of your part of the world.  Rather hoping it would be sooner, we sailed on her Oct. 2018 and she had an update in 2016, I believe.  I’ve been told that the 5 yr. mark is the usual amount of time between updates, but not a hard rule.

I am sorry but at this time it has not been possible for me to get the time for dry dock confirmed - correct that it is approximately every 5 years and only that it could probably be May 2021. There is a gap in sailing schedule between Barcelona on April 16 and Amsterdam on June 9.

12 hours ago, TinkBellaMom said:

Thank you!  Sailing on her out of Amsterdam July 2021, to see a bit of your part of the world.  Rather hoping it would be sooner, we sailed on her Oct. 2018 and she had an update in 2016, I believe.  I’ve been told that the 5 yr. mark is the usual amount of time between updates, but not a hard rule.

I'm pretty sure they cannot go beyond the 5 year mark, but they can do it before the 5 year mark.

6 minutes ago, TinkBellaMom said:

Anyone want to take a guess what that means?

RCI hasn't said when the dry dock is happening, but she has to have one. My guess would be before the start of her European season.

Edited by Biker19