An Amplified Agglomeration of Oasis Pictures - Post Amplification

twangster

Playmakers.

Like Symphony this is outdoors on the boardwalk. 

oa_pm-3.jpg

oa_pm-4.jpg

oa_pm-17.jpg

oa_pm-5.jpg

oa_pm-6.jpg

oa_pm-7.jpg

oa_pm-10.jpg

oa_pm-11.jpg

The "Owner's Box" within Playmakers is available on a reservation basis.  Cost on this sailing was $100 per hour.

oa_pm-8.jpg

oa_pm-9.jpg

oa_pm-12.jpg

oa_pm-13.jpg

oa_pm-14.jpg

oa_pm-15.jpg

oa_pm-16.jpg

oa_pm-18.jpg

oa_pm-19.jpg

oa_pm-20.jpg

oa_pm-21.jpg

oa_pm-22.jpg

oa_pm-23.jpg

Menu

oa_pm-1.jpg

Expanded draft beer choices.

oa_pm-2.jpg

With additional sports content on ships with a Playmakers they have expanded the NFL football broadcasts.  In the past only

two games were shown based on what was available with the standard channel lineup.

oa_pm-24.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The Music Hall has two levels.

While generally a smaller Music Hall compared to her Quantum class cousins I find the acoustics better.  

oa_mh-22.jpg

oa_mh-16.jpg

oa_mh-18.jpg

oa_mh-19.jpg

Side alcoves contain some group seating.

oa_mh-21.jpg

oa_mh-23.jpg

The upper rear section has additional seating, a pool table and a bar.

oa_mh-17.jpg

oa_mh-20.jpg

oa_mh-24.jpg

The second level of the Music Hall has its own entrance from the aft elevator lobby on deck 9.

oa_mh-25.jpg

• Like 2

Here is the cruise compass from the 1st cruise.  

Oasis Western 12-2-19.pdf

35 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Does the music hall have music each night?  Does the style vary night to night?  What time does the music usually start?

Varies.  Last night was odd because they moved the Journey tribute band from the Music Hall to the AquaTheater then had another band that was playing Caribbean music on the pool deck earlier in the day play in the Music Hall at 11:00pm.  

Tonight the cruise compass shows two bands (non-tribute) alternating sets at 8:45pm,  10pm and 11pm.  The venue's hours are 8pm to 1am.

• Like 2

Looks like the new water slides block the view from the backside of the Suite Sun Deck.  Also looks like they rise above the suite sun deck.  We spend most our time on the non- bar side of the suite sun deck.  How do the new water slides impact view and noise?  

Fantastic photo's I am sending the link to all the kids so they can plan for Thanksgiving 2021  

Edited by ATSEAMYLIFE
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, twangster said:

Here is the cruise compass from the 1st cruise.  

Oasis Western 12-2-19.pdf 5.3 MB · 2 downloads

Varies.  Last night was odd because they moved the Journey tribute band from the Music Hall to the AquaTheater then had another band that was playing Caribbean music on the pool deck earlier in the day play in the Music Hall at 11:00pm.  

Tonight the cruise compass shows two bands (non-tribute) alternating sets at 8:45pm,  10pm and 11pm.  The venue's hours are 8pm to 1am.

Thx so much!  Can’t wait to experience in feb!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

Looks like the new water slides block the view from the backside of the Suite Sun Deck.  Also looks like they rise above the suite sun deck.  We spend most our time on the non- bar side of the suite sun deck.  How do the new water slides impact view and noise?  

Fantastic photo's I am sending the link to all the kids so they can plan for Thanksgiving 2021  

When I first boarded Harmony that view was a concern of mine.  However it wasn’t that bad. 

Oasis is about the same, still a pretty awesome view.

oa_stsun-18.jpg

I was never a big fan of Dazzles.  Felt kinda long and skinny with difficult sight lines.  Has this improved any with Music Hall?  Certainly looks like newer décor, and I don't recall there being a bar upstairs in Dazzles??

Outstanding pictures as always.  

• Like 1

I'm saddened to see how much of Music Hall is now inaccessible to the mobility impaired.  

I often travel with a paraplegic friend in a wheelchair, and all the raised alcoves and the seating along each side are simply not accessible anymore. 

It doesn't appear that the tiny bit of same-level seating is reserved for the mobility-impaired, either, so it will be filled up with "groupies" that want to be right by the band every night.

Shame on Royal's architecture/design team.  Pretty is pointless if it's not also functional.

Edited by brillohead

5 hours ago, brillohead said:

I'm saddened to see how much of Music Hall is now inaccessible to the mobility impaired.  

I often travel with a paraplegic friend in a wheelchair, and all the raised alcoves and the seating along each side are simply not accessible anymore. 

It doesn't appear that the tiny bit of same-level seating is reserved for the mobility-impaired, either, so it will be filled up with "groupies" that want to be right by the band every night.

Shame on Royal's architecture/design team.  Pretty is pointless if it's not also functional.

Interesting point. I can definitely see how this would be disconcerting for those with mobility impairments.  People should have some accessibility to all areas of the ship.   I agree, pretty is pointless if it's not functional.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, legaljen1969 said:

Interesting point. I can definitely see how this would be disconcerting for those with mobility impairments.  People should have some accessibility to all areas of the ship.   I agree, pretty is pointless if it's not functional.

Until you've spent time with someone with these types of impairments, you tend not to even notice them, but they make a huge difference in someone's ability to fully enjoy the cruise experience.  Not everyone is in a scooter or wheelchair because they can walk short distances but not long ones -- some people can't walk at all.

For example, the door to my friend's "accessible" room last week was so heavy, he couldn't open it himself from his wheelchair, and it didn't have an electric opener like the accessible bathroom stall doors (which are super lightweight by comparison).  He was basically stuck inside his room unless there was someone else to open the door for him.

(He could get into the room by unlocking it and getting it ajar, then just ramming it with his chair and pushing his way in.  But to open it from the inside required a hand to hold the handle and pull, and he needed both hands to push the wheels on his wheelchair -- one hand results in going in a circle only!)  

We always have to request a table near the main entrance to the MDR, because the tables are too close together to manipulate a wheelchair between them (I have to roll my eyes at people who complain about their table placement in a high-traffic area or right next to the waiter station -- that's literally the ONLY accessible option we have!).  The Windjammer is essentially inaccessible during actual mealtimes for the same reason, and because the traffic patterns don't leave enough space for maneuvering to the food stations when there are people lined up at the food stations. 

Anyone involved with architecture / design should have to live in a (non-electric) wheelchair for a week before starting every project... the able-bodied take WAY too much for granted.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

Until you've spent time with someone with these types of impairments, you tend not to even notice them, but they make a huge difference in someone's ability to fully enjoy the cruise experience.  Not everyone is in a scooter or wheelchair because they can walk short distances but not long ones -- some people can't walk at all.

For example, the door to my friend's "accessible" room last week was so heavy, he couldn't open it himself from his wheelchair, and it didn't have an electric opener like the accessible bathroom stall doors (which are super lightweight by comparison).  He was basically stuck inside his room unless there was someone else to open the door for him.

(He could get into the room by unlocking it and getting it ajar, then just ramming it with his chair and pushing his way in.  But to open it from the inside required a hand to hold the handle and pull, and he needed both hands to push the wheels on his wheelchair -- one hand results in going in a circle only!)  

We always have to request a table near the main entrance to the MDR, because the tables are too close together to manipulate a wheelchair between them (I have to roll my eyes at people who complain about their table placement in a high-traffic area or right next to the waiter station -- that's literally the ONLY accessible option we have!).  The Windjammer is essentially inaccessible during actual mealtimes for the same reason, and because the traffic patterns don't leave enough space for maneuvering to the food stations when there are people lined up at the food stations. 

Anyone involved with architecture / design should have to live in a (non-electric) wheelchair for a week before starting every project... the able-bodied take WAY too much for granted.

I am sorry to hear that your friend's cruise experiences have been hampered by the non-accessible features of any ship.  I do agree that spending some time in a wheelchair would definitely open up the minds of designers a LOT.  Having been in a wheelchair for only a month due to a non weight-bearing injury, it opened my eyes a lot to how many things are either NOT designed with the mobility impaired people in mind, and how many actually seem designed to intentionally restrict options.  You learn a lot about people too.  It's a whole different world to navigate when you have to do it without the body that most people take for granted.

• Like 1