Mini bar in room charges

5 minutes ago, Daisymae14 said:

If I purchased soda package, drink from the fridge "mini bar" am I still charged for drinking sodas from that? TIA

Yes you will be ...The mini bar has nothing to do with the soda package you purchased.

Usually the mini bar will be empty unless you opt to have it stocked and pay the per item prices. 

Edited by Ashland

39 minutes ago, Daisymae14 said:

Oh wow! It's been since 2016 since I sailed and loved the mini bar stocked and gummy bears and chocolate. Hmmm.. ok.  I guess I will have to go to the store on the ship.  Thank you! 

Prepare to pay double what you would pay at Wally World, that is if they had them.  They seldom have anything I need thus saves me lots of money.

21 minutes ago, Daisymae14 said:

Thank you everyone! It is a shame they did away with that, I really enjoyed having that as an option in my room.

You can still order items for the mini bar, there will be an order form in the stateroom. 

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

You can still order items for the mini bar, there will be an order form in the stateroom. 

Saw that myself last couple Cruises. Know lot people like having few cans/bottles in room cooler. Me, i remember when none Royal Ships had these. Was having keep my soda cans in the ice bucket...

2 hours ago, Daisymae14 said:

Thank you everyone! It is a shame they did away with that, I really enjoyed having that as an option in my room.

Having the snacks inroom was one my Ex's favorite things. Other was she enjoyed it back when every cabin had a fresh stocked fruit basket. Me, i didnt mind running up to Wind Jammer for snak. Guess we were doomed from the start...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

not that you asked - but MSC does allow you to use anything in the Mini bar fridges as part of their Beverage package! loved that feature for late night snacks and drinks - cabin steward would stock with your preference if you asked...

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

While some enjoyed it, it led to Royal charging many people for items they did not consume which is why it was done away with

Exactly.  Can't even tell you how many times I was hit with phantom mini bar charges.

1 hour ago, jenniferop said:

not that you asked - but MSC does allow you to use anything in the Mini bar fridges as part of their Beverage package! loved that feature for late night snacks and drinks - cabin steward would stock with your preference if you asked...

Good to know, been looking at a TA 21niter on MSC. Thanks

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 7:23 PM, Daisymae14 said:

Oh wow! It's been since 2016 since I sailed and loved the mini bar stocked and gummy bears and chocolate. Hmmm.. ok.  I guess I will have to go to the store on the ship.  Thank you! 

Take your own gummy's and chocolate.  You'll save a lot of money and they're easy to pack.  Makes no sense at all to pay ship prices for that kind of thing.

Edited by bouhunter

2 hours ago, jenniferop said:

That is only on the top most of 3 drink packages offered.  

6 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Good to know this. THANK YOU!

I'm still in the planning stage for ny 1st Royal Caribbean Cruise, out of Sydney, Australia, ship undecided at this time.

I was never hit with charges, feel bad for the ones who were charged. I never use to eat Gummy's until my first cruise with Royal and then it became a staple to have them when I did cruise..so when I heard they don't stock automatically now, kinda bummed. Its ok. I don't need that stuff anyway. I may still pack some things for the kids for late night, but otherwise, I wont be ordering!   Thanks everyone! My only worry now is the weather next week! I see rain a few days in trip to Bahamas 4 nights and its my boys first cruise, I don't want this to be a bad experience for them. I LOVE to cruise and want them to enjoy it too!