Arcadia later sailing

Balaena

Just now, Balaena said:

I see that Arcadia arrived Southampton this morning on schedule and was due to sail at 16.30. However she now has a revised sail time of 04.00 on Monday morning. Wonder why such a late and unusual sailing time.

I heard it was due to weather, but seems fairly calm here so must be bad where she is heading. 

After the terrible weather on her last trip though, the ship & officers may just need a rest😊

Andy 

37 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

I heard it was due to weather, but seems fairly calm here so must be bad where she is heading. 

After the terrible weather on her last trip though, the ship & officers may just need a rest😊

Andy 

Weather warning whereabouts for strong winds.  Forecast 70mph approaching midnight tonight.  Calm before the storm just now?

37 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

Weather warning whereabouts for strong winds.  Forecast 70mph approaching midnight tonight.  Calm before the storm just now?

35 minutes ago, kruzseeka said:

Just walked along the Solent, beautiful and calm. 

As you say, calm before the storm

Andy 

1 hour ago, CarlaMarie said:

The wind here (Portland Harbour) is really starting to pick up now and the sky is very dark. I think the storm is due to hit us later this afternoon/early evening. 

Likewise - and just read in the local paper cross Channel ferry services have been  cancelled from Poole due to incoming storm.  Sounds as though it's a good call to delay departure.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kruzseeka said:

Likewise - and just read in the local paper cross Channel ferry services have been  cancelled from Poole due to incoming storm.  Sounds as though it's a good call to delay departure.  

We have just had a five minute downpour, but no high winds yet, sun is still breaking through a bit. 

Andy 

I'm down in South Devon and it's blowing Sever Gale 9 right now, high gust of 74mph (68knots) at 1400.  Even worse overnight and tomorrow.

Here is the shipping forecast for Plymouth

• Wind

West 6 to gale 8, increasing severe gale 9 or storm 10, veering northwest 6 to gale 8 later.
  • Sea State

Rough or very rough becoming high or very high.
  • Weather

Showers.
  • Visibility

Good, occasionally poor.
Edited by jeanlyon

11 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Yes it is going down a bit, but for 24 hours you will have residual swell.  The swell takes a lot longer to die down.

I'm not bothered if it's a bit bumpy once we sail, just hoping Arcadia gets safely away and Aurora gets alongside OK. I'll be awake early tomorrow checking AIS

29 minutes ago, zoe sproodle said:

I've just been looking at Aurora too. We're on her tomorrow and just wondering if/how we'll be affected by this. At least it looks like the wind eases tomorrow pm

Have a great time Zoe, Aurora is a trooper so hopefully you will be fine. 

Andy 

• Like 1