OCEAN CAY - Meraviglia - Walk to YC Beach Photos

Formula280SS

Meraviglia made its first visit to Ocean Cay yesterday.  Overall, I think MSC has got a "winner" here that will only get better when completed.  Here's some photos as we walked off the ship and headed to the Yacht Club beach.  Please look at the MAP for Location 6 Ocean House Beach.  We'll post a few at a time (just over 40 jpg images).

Again, these are in order per the MAP from the ship to Location 6.

IMG_2019.JPG

IMG_2024.JPG

IMG_2026.JPG

IMG_2027.JPG

IMG_2028.JPG

IMG_2030.JPG

IMG_2031.JPG

IMG_2032.JPG

IMG_2033.JPG

IMG_2034.JPG

IMG_2035.JPG

IMG_2044.JPG

IMG_2045.JPG

IMG_2046.JPG

IMG_2047.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Still on the way.  The bridge really separates that part of the island, but it is not for just the YC beach (public area to the left, YC to the right).  The provide an added wrist band that is identified as Yacht Club and they do check.  Both areas were very comfortable as far as not crowded; lots of room to spread out.  There are thousands and thousands of loungers all over the island.

Will do the YC restaurant and bar and beach areas later.  Just completed the back to back and we've got some things to do.

IMG_2048.JPG

IMG_2049.JPG

IMG_2050.JPG

IMG_2051.JPG

IMG_2052.JPG

IMG_2053.JPG

IMG_2054.JPG

IMG_2055.JPG

IMG_2056.JPG

IMG_2057.JPG

IMG_2058.JPG

IMG_2059.JPG

IMG_2060.JPG

IMG_2061.JPG

• Like 1

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the pictures. 

Were you able to see the difference in the Beach front cabana vs the ocean view cabana. I have Beach Front purchased, which is $100 more but any pictures I have seen, they all look to be in the same location. 

Thanks. 

I appreciate you posting these photos.  Lots of walking on sand and not paved surfaces to get from the pier to the YC facilities?  And, again, walking on sand within the YC area to move around that area?  (I sometimes have stability issues when walking and would appreciate learning your opinion.)  

7 hours ago, dexddd said:

Wow, thanks 280.  This is great.  If you walk do they have a path of gold to get to YC area?

What exactly is that last picture, a bar?

No gold path; the same wide  concrete walkways around the entire island.

The last picture is on of the many "shaded" seating areas for those who don't want to walk down to the beach and stay in the sun.  They were quite popular and numerous.

7 hours ago, mafig said:

Is that cabana in the YC?

They're charging $499 for that?

I'm not sure.  I'll get the YC handout on board for the 2 classes of cabana's.  They did appear very spacious; large families with elderly and/or grandkids seemed to be the biggest users.  I'll get the handout to show what exactly comes with each.

From our recollection, some are only marginally closer to the water; the others slightly closer to the cement walkways.  The sand is very deep; currently the YC waiters are trudging though the sand with drinks.  Really, really hard to get a cold anything to last; but they are trying.

4 hours ago, js said:

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the pictures. 

Were you able to see the difference in the Beach front cabana vs the ocean view cabana. I have Beach Front purchased, which is $100 more but any pictures I have seen, they all look to be in the same location. 

Thanks. 

At the YC beach, not really much of a difference.  It's a relatively small beach compared to the very large and spacious main beaches, so I really don't understand the classification re: the YC beach cabanas.

2 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I appreciate you posting these photos.  Lots of walking on sand and not paved surfaces to get from the pier to the YC facilities?  And, again, walking on sand within the YC area to move around that area?  (I sometimes have stability issues when walking and would appreciate learning your opinion.)  

All the walkways to the various venues are wide concrete.  There is a lot of golf cart food, beverage and transportation traffic; but no incidents noticed.

They have BEACH TIRE WHEEL CHAIRS that we saw regularly.  Traveled on the sand apparently quite well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Formula280SS said:

At the YC beach, not really much of a difference.  It's a relatively small beach compared to the very large and spacious main beaches, so I really don't understand the classification re: the YC beach cabanas.

OK, got the answers.

The LOCATIONS are "completely different."

The YC "Beach Cabana's" are on the YC Beach; low and high between the cement walkway and the water.

The YC "Ocean View Cabana's" are on the other side of the YC restaurant, bar, etc. above the ROCKS; no access to the water (not recommended for walking on down to ocean; mention of sand sharks, no swimming allowed, etc.).  So, much more towards ocean view and breezes and away from the YC beach, sand, etc.

Here is what Concierge just helped me update.

Cabana Types.JPG

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dred pilot Roberts said:

Wondering what is the orientation of the map?  Is it north up?

I'll try to see if I can get that on one of the full platform island layouts on board.

In the meantime, while sitting on the YC beach at Location 6, in the late afternoon we had our loungers angled back to the ocean and positioned toward the Lighthouse to catch the setting sun.

14 hours ago, Formula280SS said:

OK, got the answers.

The YC "Beach Cabana's" are on the YC Beach; low and high between the cement walkway and the water.

The YC "Ocean View Cabana's" are on the other side of the YC restaurant, bar, etc. above the ROCKS; no access to the water (not recommended for walking on down to ocean; mention of sand sharks, no swimming allowed, etc.).  So, much more towards ocean view and breezes and away from the YC beach, sand, etc.

Cabana Types.JPG

Thank you very much for coming back and updating your post. I VERY much appreciate it.

I have a YC Beach Cabana booked and will keep as is. I want to be able to get into the water without

having to walk around to the area.  This is exactly what I was looking for to make my decision.

THANK YOU!

16 hours ago, Formula280SS said:

OK, got the answers.

Cabana Types.JPG

Heck with the cabanas, going to the martini glass areas.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, dexddd said:

Thanks 280 for the additional info.  From your posts and others I'm interpreting the YC area is pretty much complete VS reports it would be spring, do you have input on that?

They (the YC management level) say they got it ready for this week.  The YC beach, restaurant and bar area need a significant completion in rest room facilities first and foremost.  Second, since so many people took to the open 'under roof seating at the restaurant "and stayed" (i.e., not a regular meal and/or drink timeline), that would have to be discussed as others waited in line to eat but the tables just didn't empty.  Finally, the YC bar staff have been told there will be 'at least a portable bar at the midpoint of the YC beach just off the walkway (and would prefer an ultimate pre-built venue); they're walking long ways in deep sand to service the beach guests.  Finally, we were told all of the ICE was from the ship; a logistical problem.  Probably something MSC will address.

12 minutes ago, dexddd said:

Heck with the cabanas, going to the martini glass areas.

I'm trying to get more on the 'cabana inclusions.  It also appears they are not  enforcing any king of # of guest limitations.  Makes sense for larger groups, multi generation families, etc.

One concierge said the "martini glass area" along the rocks was quite restful, yet beautiful.