Villefranche

OBRN1

You can wander around Villefranche.  Very picturesque.  You can take the train to Monaco or Nice.  We wandered Villefranche in the morning, went back to the ship for lunch and took a tour to Nice and Eze in the afternoon.  One of our favorite days.

Eze 1.JPG

Kaufman Villef 5.JPG

On 12/9/2019 at 8:48 AM, mskaufman said:

You can wander around Villefranche.  Very picturesque.  You can take the train to Monaco or Nice.  We wandered Villefranche in the morning, went back to the ship for lunch and took a tour to Nice and Eze in the afternoon.  One of our favorite days.

When we dropped anchor at Villefranche I wandered the town in the a.m. then took a ship tour to the mountain town of St. Paul de Vence where Picasso spent some time.  I had been there on a prior cruise, but it had been a rainy day and this day was clear with beautiful blue sky.  The town is quite old with narrow streets, lots of art galleries, cafes and shops.  The paving on the street is in itself a work of art (designs show up better on a rainy day, I discovered <g>).  We had visited Eze on that prior cruise and it is another quite interesting medieval town.  So much to see in that area of the Med.--so little time!

On 12/13/2019 at 6:05 AM, OBRN1 said:

I just booked the tour last night with. Kultours for June 2020.

On 12/13/2019 at 6:48 AM, donandphy said:

Thank you - sounds like a good plan! I will check out Kultours also

We have gone with Ingrid with Kultours.fr five times.  She makes the area come alive.  We have gone on a lot of private tours, and she is one of if not the best that we have toured with.  😊