Live from Explorer of the Seas 12/13/19-12/22/19

It's a bit early, but we will start packing on Wednesday...DW has already started pulling things out.  Feel free to ask questions, before and during the cruise.  

Explorer of the Seas live report 12/13/19-12/22/19

I will try updating each day, but cruising vacation may get in the way.  I will also try to “periscope live”-socialwork911-.  I will try to post pictures here as well, if I can figure it out too.

Itinerary:

12/13- Car service will pick us up at 9am, be at Port Miami around 10am to embark as early as possible.      Sail away is at 5pm
              pre sail away party planned at schooner bar 2pm
              slot pull planned for 10:30pm

12/14- sea day
              meet and mingle in morning…161 people signed up

12/15- Labadee-7am-4pm

#6 OW cabana reserved at barefoot beach

12/16-sea day
              cabin crawl planned 11:00am

12/17-Bonaire-8am-5pm.  Excursion planned and booked through RCI, Bonaire Hightlights North and South, 9:30am-12:30pm

12/18-Aruba-8am-10pm.  No pre-planned excursions

12/19-Curacao-8am-5pm.  Private Journey Excursion booked through RCI-Jewish Heritage Tour, 9am-1pm

12/20-sea day

12/21-sea day

12/22-arrive back to Miami 7am

Who we are:

I, 63yo, clinical social worker and adjunct professor and DW 59yo, computer programmer, DS, just turned 21 and finishing a radiology therapy program,  joining us. 

This is our cruise history:  Harmony of the Seas 3/19, Harmony of  the Seas 12/18, Harmony of the Seas 12/17, Oasis of the Seas 7/16, Carnival Victory-10/15, Oasis of the Seas-3/13, Explorer of the Seas-12/09, Explorer of the Seas-12/08, Brilliance of the Seas-12/07, Jewel of the Seas-4/07, Radiance of the Seas-8/06, Jewel of the Seas-4/05, Staten Island Ferry to Manhattan- 5/98-3/2010, Spirit of New Jersey 8/97- chartered for our wedding  

We are Diamond + and have Aft cabin 9394, 2 bedroom GS on deck 9.  We have always booked suite cabins, GS or OS…this will be our first time in a 2 bedroom GS. Generally, we are easy going and relax on our vacations, spend time on our veranda, walking around the ship, attending shows and people watching…..and eating…..going to the Gym daily is on the agenda too.

Since this ship has no Coastal Kitchen, we have booked the Ultimate Dining Package as we have found the food in MDR and buffet never to be hot enough (temperature wise).  In addition, we find those venues too crowded for our liking.   And while the dining choices are limited on this class of ship, Chops, Giovanni’s and Izumi….we will make due. This package also gives us lunch options during sea days.

DW and DS have booked the refreshment package.

We love the Oasis class ship, with all its amenities, and were hesitant to book this cruise since it is an “older” ship, without a CK and right before it’s due for being “amped-up”…..but we love the ABC islands and the price was right, $6686 for 9 nights in a suite, all in with gratuities, booked it while on our last cruise and got $300 OBC too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sisocialworker said:

12/19-Curacao-8am-5pm.  Private Journey Excursion booked through RCI-Jewish Heritage Tour, 9am-1pm

Please tell me more about this excursion. We might be interested to join you.

~ Hillary and Mike ~

2 minutes ago, Mikary said:

Please tell me more about this excursion. We might be interested to join you.

~ Hillary and Mike ~

this is a private journey booked through RCI...you arrange the itinerary and commit the number of people at the time you book ...you can call RCI and see if they have a guide available for your group...but it's late ..I'd do it tomorrow

We will also be sailing Jan 10th.  Love Oasis class too and have probably sailed Oasis and Allure 5 or 6 times  but did Adventure last yr and had a great time.  Wanted to go somewhere different this yr so choose this cruise for itinerary.  Have been to Curacao and Aruba once yrs ago,  Labadee many times, and will be our first time in Bonaire.  Thanks for doing this,  will be following 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, berbician said:

Thank you so much for doing this.  I will be on this same itinerary on January 10th . Would absolutely love if you could post to Cruise Compasses and advise if the drink card was offered for your cruise.    

a bit too much posting to do in cruise compasses, along with CC and periscope...but glad you are following along here on CC....i'll keep ya posted ..

RCI confirmed I am leaving.....no booking anything on line  

IMPORTANT UPDATE DUE TO YOUR CRUISE DEPARTING IN 1 DAYS, YOU CAN NO LONGER PURCHASE / RESERVE PRODUCTS ONLINE. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO BROWSE, VIEW YOUR SCHEDULE AND ADD PRODUCTS TO YOUR WISHLIST. YOU WILL BE ABLE TO MAKE ADDITIONAL RESERVATIONS WHEN YOUR ARRIVE ON THE SHIP. ORDER HISTORY IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

On 12/9/2019 at 7:57 AM, berbician said:

Thank you so much for doing this.  I will be on this same itinerary on January 10th . Would absolutely love if you could post to Cruise Compasses and advise if the drink card was offered for your cruise.    

Yes I also am hoping that you will post these clear pictures of the Cruise Compass! Thank you for doing this and looking forward to following. We are going on the February 7th sailing.

1 hour ago, irisheileen said:

Yes I also am hoping that you will post these clear pictures of the Cruise Compass! Thank you for doing this and looking forward to following. We are going on the February 7th sailing.

will try for cruise compass....but I've found that most pic's are too small to read the details....I think some other site have them posted as enlargeable pics....in addition I'm not a great picture taker, but I'll try

here is the packing list I use

7 tee shirts, 2 hawaiian shirts, 2 long sleeve dress shirt, black jeans, beige dockers, 2 pair shorts, 2 pair gym shorts, 6 pair underwear, 5 pair socks, bathing suit, water shoes, dress shoes, boat shoes, rain jacket, meds/toiletries...I think that's it   

6 minutes ago, sisocialworker said:

will try for cruise compass....but I've found that most pic's are too small to read the details....I think some other site have them posted as enlargeable pics....in addition I'm not a great picture taker, but I'll try

Thanks, what I'm really interested in is the times for the Evening shows, please.  If you could post the times of any evening shows, that would be great. TIA

• Like 1