Drinking in Nassau

torilynne

On 12/8/2019 at 7:58 PM, torilynne said:

Where is the best place to get drinks in Nassau that’s fairly cheap? First time heading there. 

I can't speak from experience, but I heard the Tiki Hut at Junkanoo beach is fairly cheap.  They have all-day drink specials, and a 4 beers for $10 plus shots.  I'm planning on hitting it up in January.  You can walk to the beach from the pier.

18 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

4 for$10 sounds great.  You know if kalik is an option for that?  I'm stopping in Nassau next month, and conch salad and kalik is on the agenda

Sorry, I'm not sure.  I've never actually been there.  I read about it in this forum, and just did a Google search.  

On 12/10/2019 at 5:27 PM, dbrown84 said:

4 for$10 sounds great.  You know if kalik is an option for that?  I'm stopping in Nassau next month, and conch salad and kalik is on the agenda

Kalik can be purchased in a liquor store for $3.00 so that sounds reasonable.

Tiki bikini has gone up in price but is still a cheapish place to drink on a beach. 

3/$10 Sands beers with 3 shots. They also had some domestic beers but they were pricey. 

Food there is very good. Beach service is bait and switch. They sell you a package then disappear once you need bar service. 

If you sit at at the bar you will get good prices and some  free shots. 

On 12/18/2019 at 8:42 PM, yamaharis said:

We picked up some conch salad and fried conch at the base of the bridge that goes over to paradise island and it was awesome

Thanks for this.  I posted a few months ago asking if that stand was still there and never got a response.  I used to go there about 25 years ago (during spring break) and it was always my first stop.  And you're right, it was always awesome

On 12/20/2019 at 10:52 AM, dbrown84 said:

Thanks for this.  I posted a few months ago asking if that stand was still there and never got a response.  I used to go there about 25 years ago (during spring break) and it was always my first stop.  And you're right, it was always awesome

It was a couple years ago we were there. Going to check in about 30 days. Hoping it is still open