Shuttle Bus & Select fare Ijmuiden To Amsterdam

janny444

Hi....After reading on here about how lovely it is at Christmas in the Baltic area I am temped to book a Christmas cruise for next year.

My question is ....on select fare is the shuttle included in the fare from Ijmuiden to Amsteredam or is there a charge for that transfer ?

3 minutes ago, janny444 said:

Hi....After reading on here about how lovely it is at Christmas in the Baltic area I am temped to book a Christmas cruise for next year.

My question is ....on select fare is the shuttle included in the fare from Ijmuiden to Amsteredam or is there a charge for that transfer ?

Shuttle is included if you book Select.

Thank you for your quick answer....is it possible to say how much the shuttle would be if we  book early saver fare.

We usually book select fare but on this cruise there seems to be £200 pp difference so trying to figure out which fare to choose

When we went on the first call to Amsterdam via IJmuiden the shuttle buses were free to all passengers because of the change and controversy of not docking in the centre of Amsterdam. I’m sure this must still be the same (free to all), more recent travellers to IJmuiden will have more up to date information.

Janny444 call P&O I’m sure they will give you the the definitive answer. I can’t see them being free to all and then charging for them. IJmuiden/Amsterdam is a special port for shuttle buses as indeed most other ports buses are free to select and a charge for saver, unless you have to get a bus to get outside the port area.

6 hours ago, eddie11 said:

Janny - look at this thread

i posted the flyer we received re the shuttle, on our October trip

hopefully all the info you need, in the flyer and the rest of the thread

Hi eddie11....unfortunately I have vision loss  and I can't see the print on the flyer and I am no techo so don't know how to enlarge it but thank you for taking the time to post it 

On 12/9/2019 at 11:14 AM, janny444 said:

Thank you for your quick answer....is it possible to say how much the shuttle would be if we  book early saver fare.

We usually book select fare but on this cruise there seems to be £200 pp difference so trying to figure out which fare to choose

OBC or parking or free bus to port,first dining choice and picking your own cabin is worth picking select every time.

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

OBC or parking or free bus to port,first dining choice and picking your own cabin is worth picking select every time.

Hi....yes I would agree and Select fare is what we always choose but the price difference is £200 pp....£400....so was just trying to figure out is it worth £400

4 minutes ago, janny444 said:

Hi....yes I would agree and Select fare is what we always choose but the price difference is £200 pp....£400....so was just trying to figure out is it worth £400

How many nights?

Our next P&O cruise is 14 nights and we have £180pp = £360 obc,an aft balcony cabin which we wanted and Freedom dining.

Graham.

36 minutes ago, daiB said:

I suspect that if you booked after the change and the port was advertised as Ijmuiden then you would pay if on a saver. 

It will be one of those Don't knows. However I would have thought that it would be difficult to Police judging by the state of Carnivals IT !  They usually distinguish by scanning the cruise card, between Select and the cheaper fare, however did not the Port change,  when the saver fare was available ?  N936  apparently was just ill fated . 

Edited by Pennbank

The tour (shuttle bus)from Rotterdam is about £40+ for everybody.  The shuttle bus from March to (as the Amsterdam flyer photo shows) late October is free to all.  I can’t see P&O changing after 9 months but you never know. Best way is to phone and see if their is any change in the future. 

9 hours ago, daiB said:

I suspect that if you booked after the change and the port was advertised as Ijmuiden then you would pay if on a saver. 

No Dai, that was not the case on our recent Oceana cruise that we booked fairly last minute on a saver fare. 

Shuttle bus was free to everyone and the cruise was always advertised as IJmuiden. 

Andy 

• Like 1

Just returned two weeks ago from an Aurora cruise to Amsterdam. Booked two weeks before on a saver fare.The port for Amsterdam was of course Ijmuiden 

(apparently pronounced Eyemooder)  The shuttle buses were free to all passengers, whether saver or select fare and ran frequently, although there were big queues for the first few buses. Journey to Amsterdam took about 40-50 mins depending on traffic and dropped people off near the Central station, so a good location to walk around the city. 

Edited by Lottie A
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

No Dai, that was not the case on our recent Oceana cruise that we booked fairly last minute on a saver fare. 

Shuttle bus was free to everyone and the cruise was always advertised as IJmuiden. 

Andy 

I meant that the start of the booking period was after the change so that in the brochure states that they would not be docking in Amsterdam.

7 hours ago, daiB said:

I meant that the start of the booking period was after the change so that in the brochure states that they would not be docking in Amsterdam.

Oh I see, thanks for clarifying. 

Obviously the recent Oceana cruises were not announced until after the port change. 

Andy