Price drop before final payment?

Doh15

Can someone tell me how it works with Azamara if there is a price drop between making a reservation with a deposit and final payment?  

On their website it looks like if you are within 1 year of sailing they give you OBC for the difference-- would they simply calculate the credit as the difference between what you are scheduled to pay and what a new booking would cost, or is there a more complicated (perhaps more Azamara-friendly) calculation?

If you canceled the existing booking and forfeited the $75 deposit and rebooked would they stop you from getting the new discount? (If you had made Choice Air reservation I assume those would also get canceled or could you transfer them to the new booking?)

Depends where you’re from. In the UK unless you book onboard, you can’t usually get a price reduction. You have to cancel, lose your deposit & rebook, so the saving has to be a lot to be worth it. 

You’re right, the US Ts & Cs say that up to a year before the cruise you can get a money adjustment then up to final payment date you get an OBC adjustment.

I’ve certainly cancelled a cruise forfeiting my deposit than rebooked at the new price, saving £1500 even taking the deposit into account, and had no problems doing so.

Don’t know what would happen regarding a Choice Air booking as I always book my own flights.

• Thanks 1

Friends just got a price adjustment of over 1300.00 on their October 2020 cruise because it's part of the current promotion; also got additional Black Friday OBC added.  The discount comes off of the final balance due, not in the form of OBC.  They did not have to cancel and rebook.

• Thanks 1