ELITE BAR

george35

Celebrity ships do not have a dedicated lounge like the Diamond lounge on Royal.

The Elite Happy Hour on the Equinox is normally held in the Sky Lounge between 5 -7.

Additional you can get drinks from the Captains Club drink menu at most bars between 5 -7 except for the first night and the night of the Sr Officers party.  You can get the CC drinks at the World Class bar or in the MDR or restaurants.

23 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Celebrity ships do not have a dedicated lounge like the Diamond lounge on Royal.

The Elite Happy Hour on the Equinox is normally held in the Sky Lounge between 5 -7.

Additional you can get drinks from the Captains Club drink menu at most bars between 5 -7 except for the first night and the night of the Sr Officers party.  You can get the CC drinks at the World Class bar or in the MDR or restaurants.

Since when does Celebrity load drinks on your card like Royal?  Have always had to go to Happy Hour in Lounge for "free" drinks.

59 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

Since when does Celebrity load drinks on your card like Royal?  Have always had to go to Happy Hour in Lounge for "free" drinks.

It has been Almost a year,  since the change and the drinks are unlimited during the hours/days indicated.

i am not sure the drinks are loaded on your card, but your loyalty status is on your account.

Edited by jagoffee

47 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

It has been Almost a year,  since the change and the drinks are unlimited during the hours/days indicated.

i am not sure the drinks are loaded on your card, but your loyalty status is on your account.

Yes it's nice since we have traveled with others who were not Elite, yet we could still enjoy drinks with them in the evening. Also, bartender just either looks at your card and sees your Elite status, or runs it through and doesn't charge you. We still tip $1 per drink either way (HH in lounge, or alternate bar).

On 12/10/2019 at 2:16 PM, george35 said:

We are D+ on RCL & I know we are ELITE on CelebrIty but my question is I cannot find our where the ELITE bar is in the EQUINOX, help.

We just got off the Equinox and as far as I know, there was no Elite Bar.    And I'm not aware any drinks were loaded onto our card, but we had the drink package which the bartenders knew.  Attached (direct from Celebrity's website) are the benefits of the different tiers.    

If you are in a suite, you can get drinks in the Retreat Lounge (formerly Michael's Club).  Plus (for suites) they had a exclusive Johnnie Walker tasting in the Whiskey House. 

Celebrity captains-club-tiers-and-benefits-chart.pdf

2 hours ago, kokopelli-az said:

We just got off the Equinox and as far as I know, there was no Elite Bar.    And I'm not aware any drinks were loaded onto our card, but we had the drink package which the bartenders knew.  Attached (direct from Celebrity's website) are the benefits of the different tiers.    

If you are in a suite, you can get drinks in the Retreat Lounge (formerly Michael's Club).  Plus (for suites) they had a exclusive Johnnie Walker tasting in the Whiskey House. 

Celebrity captains-club-tiers-and-benefits-chart.pdf 857.54 kB · 6 downloads

The so called elite bar referenced in this thread is the CC HH that is held in the Sky Lounge from 5 to 7 PM each evening except the first evening and the evening of the Senior Offers party. Also the CC loads unlimited drinks on your Sea Pass card. You can also have these drinks in the bars and lounges from 5 to 7 PM with the exception of the WCB, room service the theater, dining venues and the stateroom mini bar. You welcome aboard elite letter that should have been in your stateroom would have explained all that in detail.

Edited by davekathy

I know Royal Caribbean literally  uploads three drinks on your seapass card so you can enjoy three drink outside of the unlimited drinks Diamond Lounge during the 3 1/2 hour happy hour, but does Celebrity literally upload unlimited drinks on your seapass for happy hour between 5-7pm to be used at the appropriate bar, or do you just show your seapass to the bartender during 5-7pm that you are Elite or Elite+ and get unlimited drinks?

It's been so long since I sailed Celebrity without having the drink package since they instituted their unlimited drinks at any bar during the 5-7 timeframe.  I was just used to showing my seapass to get a drink anywhere.    🍷

3 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

I know Royal Caribbean literally  uploads three drinks on your seapass card so you can enjoy three drink outside of the unlimited drinks Diamond Lounge during the 3 1/2 hour happy hour, but does Celebrity literally upload unlimited drinks on your seapass for happy hour between 5-7pm to be used at the appropriate bar, or do you just show your seapass to the bartender during 5-7pm that you are Elite or Elite+ and get unlimited drinks?

It's been so long since I sailed Celebrity without having the drink package since they instituted their unlimited drinks at any bar during the 5-7 timeframe.  I was just used to showing my seapass to get a drink anywhere.    🍷

Yes. All you have to do is show your Sea Pass card to the server/ bar tender. You will need to order drinks from the CC HH drink menu. 🍷

14 hours ago, davekathy said:

The so called elite bar referenced in this thread is the CC HH that is held in the Sky Lounge from 5 to 7 PM each evening except the first evening and the evening of the Senior Offers party. Also the CC loads unlimited drinks on your Sea Pass card. You can also have these drinks in the bars and lounges from 5 to 7 PM with the exception of the WCB, room service the theater, dining venues and the stateroom mini bar. You welcome aboard elite letter that should have been in your stateroom would have explained all that in detail.

Attached is the Welcome Captain's Club letter with some information about the Happy Hours.  

Captains club welcome a.jpg

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 5:45 PM, Snit13 said:

You can go to the elite lounge during certain hours for "free drinks" .  Not all drinks are served, it is a limited menu.  In addition, Celebrity loads three free drinks per day on your card that are available at most bars during the elite daily happy hour.  Again, a limited menu of drinks-  Not sure if all bars participate- so check with the captains club newsletter or staff.

20 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

You can go to the elite lounge during certain hours for "free drinks" .  Not all drinks are served, it is a limited menu.  In addition, Celebrity loads three free drinks per day on your card that are available at most bars during the elite daily happy hour.  Again, a limited menu of drinks-  Not sure if all bars participate- so check with the captains club newsletter or staff.

As of February 2019 the CC HH drinks loaded on your Sea Pass cards are now unlimited. No matter the sailing or the number of elite and elite+ on the specific cruise. 

Edited by davekathy

27 minutes ago, little britain said:

So still no Elite drinks on Day 1 or Senior Officers party - even with them loaded on your card?  That seems a bit petty given that they don't even have to bother to set up the lounge area now.......JMHO.

Agree. Good question. We enjoy going to the CC HH on the evenings when it's hosted. We always get the bundled CBP perk so we've never tried or asked if the unlimited drinks are loaded on our Sea Pass cards for the first evening and the evening of the senior officers party. Since there isn't a CC HH on those evenings I'm assuming no. We are doing a B2B cruise on the Summit March 2020 so I'll ask the CC host.  

Edited by davekathy
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, little britain said:

So still no Elite drinks on Day 1 or Senior Officers party - even with them loaded on your card?  That seems a bit petty given that they don't even have to bother to set up the lounge area now.......JMHO.

MHO! I think that this is a no brainier. Why not allow us to get drinks on those two nights? Since they load 3 drinks onto your CC, that would not be any extra work to allow us to get drinks at any bar/lounge during those two nights. 

Is it just a cheap way of reducing costs for those two nites? 

RCI does not restrict any nites. Celebrity charges more for their cruises and everything else compare to RCI. 

28 minutes ago, Oxo said:

MHO! I think that this is a no brainier. Why not allow us to get drinks on those two nights? Since they load 3 drinks onto your CC, that would not be any extra work to allow us to get drinks at any bar/lounge during those two nights. 

Is it just a cheap way of reducing costs for those two nites? 

RCI does not restrict any nites. Celebrity charges more for their cruises and everything else compare to RCI. 

Again, it's unlimited CC HH drinks on your Sea Pass card as of February 2019. IMO both the Captains Club and Crown and Anchor programs have their positives and negatives.  

Edited by davekathy

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

Again, it's unlimited CC HH drinks on your Sea Pass card as of February 2019. IMO both the Captains Club and Crown and Anchor programs have their positives and negatives.  

Thanks for the clarification. I thought it was only 3 drinks like they did in the past when they had too many Elites and above to  serve in the HH room.I agree that both the CC and C&A do have positives and negatives. However, addressing this one subject, why not allow us to have drinks on those two nites? 

Really, it does not affect us as we have a Classic Package. But, it may affect others. 

11 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Thanks for the clarification. I thought it was only 3 drinks like they did in the past when they had too many Elites and above to  serve in the HH room.I agree that both the CC and C&A do have positives and negatives. However, addressing this one subject, why not allow us to have drinks on those two nites

Really, it does not affect us as we have a Classic Package. But, it may affect others. 

I (we) totally agree and most others do also. On our March 2020 B2B Summit cruise I'm going to ask the CC host for clarification because the welcome aboard elite letter doesn't address it. We just assumed no CC HH drinks on our Sea Pass cards for the first evening and the Senior Officers party as there isn't a hosted CC event held on those evenings. We've never asked as we also always get the bundled CBP perk. 

Edited by davekathy

Drinks or champagne are served at the Sr officers party,  and on EDGE, there was a Cap Club welcome party in the first night..as I recall.

It will matter  more when folks no longer take the Classic Alc perk...with a daily upcharge!

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

I (we) totally agree and most others do also. On our March 2020 B2B Summit cruise I'm going to ask the CC host for clarification because the welcome aboard elite letter doesn't address it. We just assumed no CC HH drinks on our Sea Pass cards for the first evening and the Senior Officers party as there isn't a hosted CC event held on those evenings. We've never asked as we also always get the bundled CBP perk. 

The CC  Elite and above letter reads “Captains Club Cocktail Hour daily excluding embarkation -5- 7pm, All bars and Lounges. Exclusive Lounge: Sky Lounge Deck 14; Unlimited complimentary drinks from the Captains Club menu

In reading this it seems clear that there is no CC Happy Hour on embarkation day.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jelayne said:

The CC  Elite and above letter reads “Captains Club Cocktail Hour daily excluding embarkation -5- 7pm, All bars and Lounges. Exclusive Lounge: Sky Lounge Deck 14; Unlimited complimentary drinks from the Captains Club menu

In reading this it seems clear that there is no CC Happy Hour on embarkation day.

Yes it is very clear and I know that from past experiences and have also said that in other posts. The conversation with Oxo was about the unlimited drinks on our Sea Pass cards, whether they are loaded on the evening of "embarkation" and the night of the "Senior Officers party". The letter doesn't reference that. We always have the CBP so we've never asked the CC host. My "assumption" is no, the unlimited drinks are not loaded on our Sea Pass cards due to those two events.  As I posted before I'm planning on asking (out of curiosity) the CC host on our upcoming Summit cruise.  

Prior to February 2019 the CC only loaded CC HH drinks on our Sea Pass cards on limited cruises (large number of top 3 tier members) and the drinks at that time were limited to three.

Edited by davekathy