Storage Space in YC1 on Meraviglia

tnt10

Since I have been unable to find much information on this, I'm asking you cruisers with experience on the Meraviglia:

How do you deal with the lack of storage space in these suites?

Is there room, someplace in the suites, to place an additional hanging clothes rack?

Just for background, we will be on a 17 night sailing, with 10 days touring prior.  We can only go so light without having to clean clothes every other day or so.....  Thanks for any suggestions!

28 minutes ago, tnt10 said:

Since I have been unable to find much information on this, I'm asking you cruisers with experience on the Meraviglia:

How do you deal with the lack of storage space in these suites?

Is there room, someplace in the suites, to place an additional hanging clothes rack?

Just for background, we will be on a 17 night sailing, with 10 days touring prior.  We can only go so light without having to clean clothes every other day or so.....  Thanks for any suggestions!

Here is a video about Meriviglia YC organization...very informative!

Thanks for the video link jvsnana!

However, for a 3+ week cruise/vacation in many different climates, still not a lot of room for coats, jackets, etc.  Also, didn't see in this video any socks or undergarments.  Big difference between a 7 day Caribbean cruise and a 27 day European cruise/vacation.

Anyone else any suggestions?

We did 28 days cruise and had plenty of room for coats in the wardrobe on Splendida. If needed you could do as we did once clothes are clean and no longer needed put them in a suitcase under the bed, also if you are touring utilize the 40 piece laundry package by sending 10/12 items at a time

On Meraviglia there are 2 bedside drawers each,  next to the fridge there are 2 very large drawers and then storage shelves in the wardrobe area. We travelled from NY to Miami so different climates in Oct/Nov as we did a 4 day pre cruise then 13 night cruise.

Our friends were in YIN and did use the magnetic  hanging hooks available from Amazon for extra hanging space

Enjoy your trip

Edited by emmas gran

There are numerous storage areas in the cabin. We travel with 3 (big) suitcases & 2 carry-ons and were able to fit everything in the wardrobe area & drawers, the luggage goes under the bed. We always use the laundry service on the ship while traveling.

The video mentioned above is helpful.

The 2 MSC bathrobes take up a lot of space, we fold them and put in the bathroom.

We are on Bellissima for the 29-night repo from Dubai to Yokohama in March/April 2020 , a 38-night total vacation , and I am pretty sure we will manage all of our luggage and clothing while on the ship.

Happy cruising.

We were in a YIN on Meraviglia and had no issues with storage. If you plan in advance it's very manageable. 

We used magnetic hooks on the ceiling for coats and dresses. And an array of other miscellaneous items. We also had a couple of wardrobe expansions, although they weren't really needed. 

We began in a cooler climate and left our sunshine clothes in the suitcase under the bed. Washing went into the other case or for laundry. Coats and jumpers went into the cases once they were no longer required. 

We use the bathrobes and they're therefore hanging in the bathroom. If you don't, I'm sure the butler will remove rather than taking up space in the wardrobe. 

We were away for 27 nights, only 7 of which were in a warm climate and had 3 large cases and a carry on. 

The storage space in a YIN is less than in a YC1 and based on our previous experience in a YC1 the storage really shouldn't be an issue. Had we been in a YC1 on our sailing we wouldn't have needed to be as well planned and creative with storage planning. 

Thanks for the comments and reassurances everyone!  Has helped to allay many of my fears.  Guess this all started with a review where the writer booked an indoor on floor 9 to use as a closet/dressing room!!

Would have been nice to include a little more hanging space since these are the second highest priced cabins on the ship.  This will also be the smallest "Suite" we have ever booked, so, you know how over-active minds can get to working!!

Thanks again everyone for your help/suggestions..

Happy cruising.