Cancelling 3/4 passenger after final payment?

4 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I believe the 3rd or 4th guests can be cancelled for a full refund up until two weeks before the cruise.

Correct but only if they booked a refundable deposit.  On a non refundable deposit the same cancellation penalties as the first 2 guests app,y. 

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Correct but only if they booked a refundable deposit.  On a non refundable deposit the same cancellation penalties as the first 2 guests app,y. 

Wow, big difference.  I didn't realize that refundable vs non-refundable had any differences after final payment date.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Just now, Host Clarea said:

Wow, big difference.  I didn't realize that refundable vs non-refundable had any differences after final payment date.

Thanks!

That is how it was explained to me by one of the reps that we use with Royal.  For the most part they are a lot more knowledgeable than the consumer reps.  I have not actually experienced this in person but have no reason to doubt what they told me.

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Thanks!

I don't think it does. After final payment, normal penalties are in effect thus making non refundable vs refundable meaningless

4 hours ago, cruisinfanatic said:

After final payment, normal penalties are in effect thus making non refundable vs refundable meaningless

As mentioned, with refundable, you can get a refund inside final payment up to two weeks out for the 3rd and 4th passenger.

13 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Good idea for OP.  Know many that would take an open slot with me, problem is few I'd like to   😉

I hear that. We made the mistake of having an open invitation vacation one time. By the time it was over we had a few couples who drove to the airport together finding cabs so they didn't have to be together on the ride home. Some friends are just not vacation friends. 

Edited by MiniChunks
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

I believe the 3rd or 4th guests can be cancelled for a full refund up until two weeks before the cruise.

6 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I need to correct this.  It was always based on the date that the reservation entered the final penalty phase which in the past was 4 or 15 days prior to sailing.  The final penalty phase has now changed and is now 30 days prior to sailing.  Depending on when the cruise was booked would change the timeframes.

49 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I need to correct this.  It was always based on the date that the reservation entered the final penalty phase which in the past was 4 or 15 days prior to sailing.  The final penalty phase has now changed and is now 30 days prior to sailing.  Depending on when the cruise was booked would change the timeframes.

So are you saying that for new bookings, the 3/4 guests can be cancelled up to 30 days before the cruise with no penalty if the reservation had a refundable deposit?

9 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

So are you saying that for new bookings, the 3/4 guests can be cancelled up to 30 days before the cruise with no penalty if the reservation had a refundable deposit?

Correct.  It actually changed a while ago as I have people sailing this March that booked a year ago and their final penalty phase is 30 days

Edited by Ourusualbeach

14 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Correct.  It actually changed a while ago as I have people sailing this March that booked a year ago and their final penalty phase is 30 days

And you still think that cancelling the 3/4 person after final payment date has different rules when it's a non-refundable deposit.

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That's what I have been told.

I did reconfirm the policy on the refundable rates just now, forgot to ask about NRD.

Well, that's interesting.  I was under the mistaken impression that once final payment date had passed, there was no different between refundable and non-refundable bookings.

1 minute ago, royalcedars said:

I just cancelled a 3rd guest after final payment on a non-refundable deposit reservation and got 100% of the money back.  This was about 40 days out from sailing.

Thanks for the update.  One of the few times I’m glad to hear that the information that I received from Royal was wrong.

My cousin cancelled as the third in a room and it was before final payment so they wanted to deprive the room.  It ended up being cheaper (since they booked so far in advance and t o get the room they wanted) to make him a no show.  We switched his name for free (refundable booking) to another relative, but she decided not to go as well (My young niece who didn't want to travel without her mom).

The only way to know for sure is to call, but don't feel them may ask so you know what the rules are.