Anybody wear boots?

Cruisegirl6

I am asking if anybody did wear boots this time of year or whether they saw anybody on a ship wear them?  I don't see why I should get the rolling eyes, its a perfect legit question!  You wouldn't question somebody wearing closed sneakers during hot months instead of sandals/flip flops???

7 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

I am asking if anybody did wear boots this time of year or whether they saw anybody on a ship wear them?  I don't see why I should get the rolling eyes, its a perfect legit question!  You wouldn't question somebody wearing closed sneakers during hot months instead of sandals/flip flops???

Do you wear boots on your Caribbean cruises? I wear sneakers when it's O or 100 degrees. Hate sandals and flip flops. Rolling eyes on your "it's not hot in the Caribbean", not about wearing boots in the Caribbean. I changed into shorts today after skiing this morning for the drive home. 

Edited by davekathy

6 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

I understand. I have a medical condition that is progressive. It won't be too many years before I'll need to wear boots all the time.

I hope you will do what's right for you and not worry about the rolling eyes of others.

All the best,

DFL

• Like 1

Langley cruisers- I never thought about the weight but I should wear them due to medical issue, I have more support in the leg.

Mamafej-  I am sorry to hear that, I also have a medical issue and boots give me alot more support especially walking alot.

Chezmarylou-  Thank you, I will be on my 93 cruise but I haven't been on a December or January cruise, but now I will.  🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Its winter around the world and its not hot in the Caribbean.  Boots aren't just for snow, they are fashion.

I guess one thing you may be misunderstanding is that it is indeed very hot in the Caribbean this time of year.  In fact the difference in temperature between summer and winter there is only a few degrees.  So your thoughts about boots should be based on fashion, not temperature.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I’ve seen boots. In fact saw quite a few on our last cruise out of Mobile. 

Putting aside people who’d wear boots for medical reasons, I think that it greatly depends on where you sail from. Out of some home ports, boots may be more common than out of others. Personally I wouldn’t bring boots because I’m a minimalist packer and boots would take too much space. 

1 hour ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Sorry - but boots in the Caribbean ???? Why?  (assuming there is no health reason - although I would like to know what medical condition calls for boots).

Closed sneakers vs. flip flops makes sense depending upon terrain/activity — but boots?  C’mon!

Of course, seeing people on a ship wearing them is hardly relevant - I’ve seen 300 lb men on a ship wearing speedos - it does not make it rational.

To the OP

What kind of boots are you thinking about wearing on your cruise ?

Western boots, knee-high leather boots, ankle boots, rain boots (Wellies), hiking boots,construction boots ?

Where and when do you plan on wearing the boots- daytime on the ship, dinnertime, going into the ports ?

If you plan to wear them while you are on the ship, you may be comfortable wearing boots in the air conditioned areas of the ship.  If you plan to wear the outside, I would think the heat and humidity would make wearing boots uncomfortable.

I am unsure if you are male or female.

Men wearing boots with pants or jeans may be more usual in the Caribbean

ports then females wearing fashionable boots. 

Would you post here on CC  after  your cruise about your decision to wear boots- or not wear them on your cruise ?

Bon voyage !

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Its winter around the world and its not hot in the Caribbean.  Boots aren't just for snow, they are fashion.

Nope, only in the northern hemisphere is it winter, but I'll cut you some slack since the northern hemisphere does include the Caribbean.  But I will argue the point about it not being hot there.  Average temps right now in the Carib are mid 80's. 

9 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

I have been on dozens of cruises, mostly to the Caribbean, and I don't recall ever seeing anybody wear boots.  Probably there have been a few people wearing cowboy boots but I took no notice of it.  But in the Caribbean everyone seems to be in shorts, capris, sundresses, swimwear etc.....hardly fashion with which one wears boots.

Comparing boots to sneakers is kind of apples and oranges, by the way. 

Bottom line- if you want to wear boots, wear them.  But IMHO it will be too hot and you'll roast if you wear them out on deck or onshore, and you'll probably get some odd looks.