What all can the room steward get you if you ask nicely?

qwerty11

Don't forget:

- Status Match to Diamond

- Invite to sit at the Captain's Table

- Tour of the Bridge

- Future Cruisce Credit

It has nothing to do with asking nicely -  you have to smear their palm with $$ €€.

• Like 1

DW badly twisted an ankle during an outing in port. I asked our attendant for ice, and he brought a huge bag of it. That was nice. Even nicer was that he brought new bags every hour or so until dinner time. He asked how DW felt and whether she would like more after dinner. 

• Like 1

Do not remember which cruise line it was on but we had 2 regular chairs & a small table on our balcony.

I asked the steward if there were any chance of getting a lounge chair. He politely said no.

Later that day when we returned from lunch, I noticed one of the regular chairs on our balcony had been replaced with a lounger.

Big tip for that.  Cannot imagine what a pain in the butt that must have been for him dragging that through the hallway !

13 hours ago, blueslily said:

I have nevercsailed on MSC but am considering trying the line for the first time for my birthday in February. Are bathrobes and slippers standard for all room catagories? 

Nope. They're available to Aurea, YC and certain levels of Voyager's Club..

3 hours ago, cruisingnewtoit said:

Doesn't the steward make sure all cabins have a new roll of TP everyday on the roll. 

I have only cruised on X & HAL and the roll was always replaced (maybe every other day) so we never ran out. Not great for the environment.

This is probably a dumb question out of curiousity...  but I keep seeing references to cruises on X cruiseline -- but I have no idea what company that is.  Is that a company or is it a taboo thing that CC keeps replacing or...?

On 12/15/2019 at 3:12 AM, blueslily said:

I have nevercsailed on MSC but am considering trying the line for the first time for my birthday in February. Are bathrobes and slippers standard for all room catagories? 

We matched to Diamond and did not need to even ask for robes or slippers they were leardy in the room as it is a perk.

39 minutes ago, jhaagens said:

This is probably a dumb question out of curiousity...  but I keep seeing references to cruises on X cruiseline -- but I have no idea what company that is.  Is that a company or is it a taboo thing that CC keeps replacing or...?

X cruiseline is referring to Celebrity .

Brief history lesson: There was a Greek cruiseline called Chandris. The smokestacks of the ships were the blue of the Greek flag with the letter chi (X) on them. Chi was the first  letter in the name Chandris when it was written in Greek.

Chandris  became Chandris Fantasy Cruise in the mid 80's and offered "economy cruises."  In the late eighties, Chandris acquired Celebrity Cruises which were to be upscale cruising.

At the end of the ninties, Royal Caribbean acquired Celebrity to be a cruise experience a tier above Royal Caribbean  which was repositioned to be an entry level line to compete with Carnival.

When Celebrity was acquired by Royal Caribbean, the blue smokestack with the X (Chi) was retained as a symbol of the line and people now refer to Celebrity as "X"  because of the smokestack.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, jhaagens said:

> off-topic <  @jhaagens

“X” is Celebrity Cruises because “X” is the company logo. The “X” is the Greek letter “Chi” , the first letter in Chandris. The Chandris family owned Chandris Cruises and Celebrity was subsidiary. 

This was on Royal Caribbean on our honeymoon. We had a great cabin steward. One day we came back to our stateroom and he had decorated it with streamers, balloons and a happy honeymoon banner. Knowing that Royal as well as other cruise lines nowadays charge for that, we thought that it was a very nice gesture on his part to do this complimentarily and something truly out of his way to make our honeymoon extra special. 

Edited by Tapi