Cannot find cruises with "all free offers"?

VPMJ

Hello, The banner on the NCL site still has the "take all 5 offers free" offer (like it has for months), but I have been searching many cruises for all different times of the year and they are all showing up with 2 offers only...wifi and shore excursion credit only (and you can't even swap them out). What am I missing?

Just now, ColeThornton said:

What type of cabin are you looking at?  It looks like the amount of perks is based on cabin type.

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-deals/choice?intcmp=pro_hpb_DISC301219

Balcony cabins. Should be all 5 on Balcony according to your link. Went on 2 cruises the past several months in Balcony and had all offers. Hmmmmm....

Hi

The more you spend the more you get. It's sort of like buying your free offers. You just decide on what you want and then determine if you are better off buying the free offers or paying as you go. (don't forget the associated gratuities that will be extra with dining and beverage package)

hope this helps

5 minutes ago, VPMJ said:

Balcony cabins. Should be all 5 on Balcony according to your link. Went on 2 cruises the past several months in Balcony and had all offers. Hmmmmm....

When I click on a cruise that is included in the offer it takes me to a page that says "Two Free Offers are included with your stateroom. You may continue or add up to two more." It automatically had the shore excurisons and wifi added but you could also add the bev package on and specialty dining. It may be doing it this way to give you the option of whether or not your want to pay the service charges on those items.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nic6318 said:

Hi

The more you spend the more you get. It's sort of like buying your free offers. You just decide on what you want and then determine if you are better off buying the free offers or paying as you go. (don't forget the associated gratuities that will be extra with dining and beverage package)

hope this helps

Maybe they have changed things because we just did 2 cruises since August in Balcony cabins and had all 5 offers. This is strange now.

5 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

When I click on a cruise that is included in the offer it takes me to a page that says "Two Free Offers are included with your stateroom. You may continue or add up to two more." It automatically had the shore excurisons and wifi added but you could also add the bev package on and specialty dining. It may be doing it this way to give you the option of whether or not your want to pay the service charges on those items.

I don't know, but when I click add beverage package offer it adds another $555 to the price (2 adults in room with 2 kids). Isn't that too high for service charges on just the beverage package alone?

11 minutes ago, VPMJ said:

I don't know, but when I click add beverage package offer it adds another $555 to the price (2 adults in room with 2 kids). Isn't that too high for service charges on just the beverage package alone?

depends on how many days it is and whether or not the current promo gives the kids the soda package. It will list the service charges separately if you go into the price breakdown

FBE2A8C6-8275-4481-A5E8-46ADB06E7164.png

ACA926A9-B689-4B53-AD4E-6FBE71233D0E.png

Edited by sanger727

5 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

depends on how many days it is and whether or not the current promo gives the kids the soda package. It will list the service charges separately if you go into the price breakdown

FBE2A8C6-8275-4481-A5E8-46ADB06E7164.png

ACA926A9-B689-4B53-AD4E-6FBE71233D0E.png

Thanks, that's what it is. They must be doing it differently now. I appreciate your help!

5 minutes ago, GA Dave said:

It does the same thing with Haven cabins, even though they always get all five for free.  It is because you have to approve the gratuities.

Thanks, the approval must be a new thing I guess. Or new to me, anyway. 

1 hour ago, VPMJ said:

Thanks, the approval must be a new thing I guess. Or new to me, anyway. 

It started for Haven guests in June 2017. Haven bookings used to get the dining and drink packages without the service charge added. Once the service charge was added for Haven guests, Haven guests had to select the ones that they wanted (none, one, or both). Promos that don't have an added service charge such as WiFi, excursion credit, waved DSC, etc. are still automatically included. 

You still get them all free. In the past it auto-selected all of them, but now you need to check the beverage and dining on your own.  This way non-drinkers aren't automatically opted in to paying the package gratuities if they don't want it.

If there are 4 in the room and the adults get the beverage package, the kids will get the soda package.  No need to select it, and it doesn't list it on their key card, but my kids had about 800 Sierra Mists and virgin mudslides last week and I wasn't charged for any of them.

4 hours ago, kpjb said:

If there are 4 in the room and the adults get the beverage package, the kids will get the soda package.  No need to select it, and it doesn't list it on their key card, but my kids had about 800 Sierra Mists and virgin mudslides last week and I wasn't charged for any of them.

This promotion is newer in the past week or so. The current terms and conditions clearly state 3rd and 4th guests under 21 do NOT get a soda package in lieu of drink package. I sail every cruise with my young daughters and they too aren’t usually charged for basic drinks but They’ve never been given a soda package directly . This promo states there is none. 

6 hours ago, kpjb said:

If your kids are always with you and you give them both parents cards, since you can get 2 drinks they are likely using your cards for the drinks.  If it is not on their cards, they do not have the package.

5 hours ago, Shidah said:

If your kids are always with you and you give them both parents cards, since you can get 2 drinks they are likely using your cards for the drinks.  If it is not on their cards, they do not have the package.

No, my kids use their own cards because they're kids and they think that it's fun to order the stuff on their own.

I've never been charged for the kids getting drinks when I had the bev package.  As I said, it won't show on their key cards, and they may not "technically" have it, but they have it.