Post Cruise Help and Recommendations Please.

messengerc21

Hi, Just got the following note from my TA....Which would you prefer and recommend for my Post Stay in June?

I spoke with Paul Gauguin this morning, and I have finalized pricing for 2020 for your post-cruise accommodations! All of the packages will include your transfers and daily breakfast. For Moorea, it will be a ferry transfer and for Bora Bora, it will be a flight transfer. If you are staying in Moorea or Bora Bora, Paul Gauguin also includes a post-day room upon your arrival back to Tahiti before your flight home. Here is that information below:

Tahiti 3-Night Post Stay at the Intercontinental Tahiti Resort and Spa

Option 1: $1,605 per person at the Standard Lagoon Overwater Bungalow Location

Option 2: $1,675 per person at the Superior Lagoon Overwater Bungalow

Moorea 3- Night Post Stay at the Intercontinental Moorea Resort and Spa

Option 1: $1,235 per person at Standard Beach Bungalow

Option 2: $1,285 per person at Premium Partial Overwater Bungalow (preferred view)

Bora Bora 3- Night Post Stay at the Intercontinental Le Moana Resort

Option 1: $2,385 per person at the Overwater Bungalow

Option 2: $2,525 per person at the Horizon Overwater Bungalow (Premium location farther into the water)

Moorea.  Can't comment on the OWB's since I haven't stayed at the IC there.  Bora Bora is so much more expensive, and somewhat overhyped (despite having that beautiful lagoon, I admit).  Moorea is just so lovely itself, and easy to get to.  The IC on Tahiti (owb or not), just doesn't cut it compared to another island, that would be my third choice.

I am a newbie going on my FP trip this Feb, but after looking over the options the IC wouldn't be my first choice in Moorea.  I would ask for prices separate from PG for Hilton and SOFITEL in Moorea. The ferry and transfers are very easy you don’t need them prearranged. 

15 hours ago, aururab said:

I am a newbie going on my FP trip this Feb, but after looking over the options the IC wouldn't be my first choice in Moorea.  I would ask for prices separate from PG for Hilton and SOFITEL in Moorea. The ferry and transfers are very easy you don’t need them prearranged. 

Interesting.  Not having been there, what's led you to that conclusion about the hotels?

It really depends on your style of travel.  I prefer smaller, more intimate places, so have chosen Les Tipaniers for two stays on Moorea.  Not a luxury resort, but a lovely place.

And yes, the ferries are a piece of cake, although we flew over once and that was fine too.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer