Vantage just cancelled my river cruise

TikiIslandGirl

Here is the original post with the travel company removed for cruise critic purpose

So just a update.  Looks like I made lemonade out of lemons lol So, in the end I'm glad that vantage cancelled my cruise.  Uniworld was having a 30% sale.  So ended up booking a 11 day/ 10 night cruise Remarkable Rhine & Historic Holland.  It is 3 nights longer than the vantage cruise (and cheaper fare than the 7 night vantage- plus Uniworld is all inclusive-I would still had tips/an extra excursion and some drinks on Vantage).  I was also able to book upgraded flights on British Airways  in World Traveller Plus for $1530/each RT.   And if anyone is a member of a certain warehouse  I booked through them (same price as anywhere I looked-I get $900 in a warehouse  gift card and my 2% back for my executive membership-so that will be around a additional $1100 cash to spend at warehouse.   We were going for the tulips  in Amsterdam but we are flying in a few days early so will just book us a excursion instead of a "tulip cruise".  I travel for work so I used my Hilton points to get us rooms at the Hilton Double Tree Central in Amsterdam-better and cheaper option than the Brussels extension fro Vantage. So just really worked out!!!!

• Like 3

• 7 months later...

At least you had a phone call, I didnt even receive that. I got in contact with Vantage and was told that my cruise was cancelled and they were giving me a FCC with a 25% discount on my next cruise. but nothing to the effect they would b ook me into the same cruise with the same fare which I would have accepted. I am still waiting to hear from them after I messaged them and told them that I wanted a refund, not a FCC.

]

1 hour ago, timelessperson said:

At least you had a phone call, I didnt even receive that. I got in contact with Vantage and was told that my cruise was cancelled and they were giving me a FCC with a 25% discount on my next cruise. but nothing to the effect they would b ook me into the same cruise with the same fare which I would have accepted. I am still waiting to hear from them after I messaged them and told them that I wanted a refund, not a FCC.

]

FYI-Vantage cancelled my cruise in December before Covid came into the picture. It was charted out to a group.