Priority boarding taken away from Diamond and Diamond plus members on Liberty of the Seas Royal Caribbean ship

Ysya

Is any one else furious about Royal Caribbean taking away priority boarding for Diamond and Diamond plus members on Liberty of the Seas?

We have been put in the general boarding line instead of our own line like we had back last spring. 

They have given the "Key" passengers access to board with Pinnacle and Suite passengers and put the Diamond and Diamond plus members in general line.

Just one more thing that Royal Caribbean has taken away from us. 

Wise up Royal Caribbean, we have paid more for our ammenities that we have earned than any "Key" cruiser will.

Stop taking our earned ammenities from us.

Maybe we need to bombard Royal Caribbean with complaints.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ysya said:

Is any one else furious about Royal Caribbean taking away priority boarding for Diamond and Diamond plus members on Liberty of the Seas?

We have been put in the general boarding line instead of our own line like we had back last spring. 

They have given the "Key" passengers access to board with Pinnacle and Suite passengers and put the Diamond and Diamond plus members in general line.

Wise up Royal Caribbean, we have paid more for our ammenities that we have earned than any "Key" cruiser will.

Well said. Why be loyal to Royal when they’re depleted our benefits earned. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Ysya said:

How long did the boarding process take?

• Like 1

Took about 30 minutes to get through security line because we were lumped with all the passengers except "Key", Pinnacle and Suite passengers.  Before Diamond and Diamond plus had their own line which took less than 5-10 minutes if that long. 

Just now, Ysya said:

Not before, the priority line included security.  

I bet the Pinnacle, suites and key passengers don't have "priority security" listed, only "priority boarding".  So why should it be listed differently for us?  

The same occurred in Port Canaveral for D+ while some other ports never allowed D+ in the security lines for suites/pinnacles.

You won't have to search very far to find threads complaining about D+ no longer having access to suites and pinnacles security queue in Port Canaveral.  This started in 2018 IIRC.

However once checked in (after security) then priority boarding was performed for all levels of the C&A program in descending order. 

I don't know if mere Diamonds ever were afforded access to priority security queues in other ports.  I never benefited from that.  

How much time did you lose by having to queue for security with the common folks?

• Like 1

I've never seen a 25 or 30 minute security queue.  I must be lucky or maybe some security equipment failed on your day forcing everyone through one metal detector. 

When I sailed on Liberty as a Diamond I was through security in under a minute.  That was the general line because in 2018 Diamonds weren't allowed to use the suite line for my sailing.  

• Like 1

Just now, klfrodo said:

And we complain because millennials have a sense of entitlement.

And yes, I’m diamond

I'd rather sail with millennials any day.  Old people have a much greater act of entitlement on ships in my experience.  

• Like 21
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, uvadover said:

OP is FURIOUS!  FURIOUS!  

The funniest thing on a cruise full of older entitled guests is when one tries to cut in line based on their age based entitlement. 

When the peers of a similar age reject their attempts to cut in line the look on the face is priceless.  They suddenly realize what they are trying to do, then a few seconds later comes this completely dejected realization that they are going to have to go to the end of the line.  Like. Normal. People. Do.  It's quite something to see that look when it finally hits them. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, twangster said:

I've never seen a 25 or 30 minute security queue.  I must be lucky or maybe some security equipment failed on your day forcing everyone through one metal detector. 

When I sailed on Liberty as a Diamond I was through security in under a minute.  That was the general line because in 2018 Diamonds weren't allowed to use the suite line for my sailing.  

The reason general security line takes so long is new cruisers.  They bring all their luggage and aren't prepared with any of their paperwork when they get to the front of long twisting line. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, twangster said:

I'd rather sail with millennials any day.  Old people have a much greater act of entitlement on ships in my experience.  

Maybe that's because we have lived longer and are entitled to more because of our c&a status.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

So... let's look at it from Royal Caribbean's point of view.

People are willing to pay extra for the Key in order to get priority boarding.

People are willing to pay extra for a suite and the privileges that come with a suite, including priority boarding.

You are a Diamond member. Something that you have paid nothing for. You are still going to sail with RCI as you obviously like their ships and itineraries, otherwise you wouldn't have made it to Diamond or Diamond+ in the first place. You are still getting things for nothing for being Diamond, such as the free drinks.

You are not going to stop sailing with RCI just because you lose priority boarding, because if you go to another cruise line, you won't get the priority boarding anyway (unless you also have a high enough status with them).

So, with your RCI executive hat on, which passengers are you giving priority boarding to?

• Like 9

Hubby and I just turned 50, daughter just turned 22, we are all diamond.

If we turn up to the port and we get an exclusive line or a perk, we see it as a bonus, not an entitlement, you only get these things because RC give you them, just the same as RC can take them away...you sail the ships because you like them, or the itinerary not for what you can get.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, purescottish said:

If we turn up to the port and we get an exclusive line or a perk, we see it as a bonus, not an entitlement, you only get these things because RC give you them, just the same as RC can take them away...you sail the ships because you like them, or the itinerary not for what you can get.

We have "earned"these perks as listed under the different levels.  We have "paid" for these so called perks many times over.  You obviously haven't been in the diamond lounge lately, because every diamond and Diamond plus members is furious.  You are welcome to give up all your perks as you wish. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Balsam12 said:

So... let's look at it from Royal Caribbean's point of view.

People are willing to pay extra for the Key in order to get priority boarding.

People are willing to pay extra for a suite and the privileges that come with a suite, including priority boarding.

You are a Diamond member. Something that you have paid nothing for. You are still going to sail with RCI as you obviously like their ships and itineraries, otherwise you wouldn't have made it to Diamond or Diamond+ in the first place. You are still getting things for nothing for being Diamond, such as the free drinks.

You are not going to stop sailing with RCI just because you lose priority boarding, because if you go to another cruise line, you won't get the priority boarding anyway (unless you also have a high enough status with them).

So, with your RCI executive hat on, which passengers are you giving priority boarding to?

The "Key" passengers can continue with their special perks, as well as the "Suite"and "Pennacle" members.   Just saying they have taken one of our earned perks away.  I am not "young" as outlined by some of you, but I have earned my status and plan to fight for what I have earned. ( And paid for on the long run).  I hope more furious diamond plus members have the nerve to speak up.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, purescottish said:

We have earned these perks they were not given to us.  I have paid for these so called perks.  You are welcome to forfeit your perks if you wish since you think they were "given" to us.  Live a little longer and learn.

• Like 6