Priority boarding taken away from Diamond and Diamond plus members on Liberty of the Seas Royal Caribbean ship

Ysya

2 hours ago, purescottish said:

Hubby and I just turned 50, daughter just turned 22, we are all diamond.

If we turn up to the port and we get an exclusive line or a perk, we see it as a bonus, not an entitlement, you only get these things because RC give you them, just the same as RC can take them away...you sail the ships because you like them, or the itinerary not for what you can get.

We have just got off a 15 night Princess cruise.

The food was much better than RC and we never needed to go to the speciality restaurants like we do on Royal for better food and service.

The waiter service in the dining room was far superior to RC.

There was several bar waiters in every bar and roaming bar waiters around the pool areas.

As a Princess Elite member we got priority boarding,had a free one time mini bar set up,10% discount in every shop, priority tender and  free drinks at a captains cocktail party.

As a D+ member on Royal we now have a limited choice of free drinks in the DL and continuous loss of perks.

Someone could be on their first cruise in the cheapest cabin but buy KEY and get priority on certain things over D and D+.

I hope you read this Mr Bayley and realise it is a mistake to upset your most loyal guests.

This Princess cruise was better than any of our 30 RC cruises for food and service.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ysya said:

Took about 30 minutes to get through security line because we were lumped with all the passengers except "Key", Pinnacle and Suite passengers.  Before Diamond and Diamond plus had their own line which took less than 5-10 minutes if that long. 

OP, what was your sail date, and what time did you arrive at the terminal?   Wonder if delay was due to less terminal Employees (holiday or vacations) ?

We aren’t D or up - but we haven’t encountered a 30 minute wait in the “Regular security line” the last 2 years,   even during prime sailing times (Spring Break and Summer).    Guess that may change I’m 2021 when we sail Allure with many more passengers. 

Edited by BSocial
Clarified status, less than D

22 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Not so sure about that.

D+ members not happy with the conversion of CL to Suite Lounge.

On Oasis class where the Suite prices are very high a SL is understandable and justified but on Freedom class etc?

Edited by grapau27

3 hours ago, Ysya said:

The reason general security line takes so long is new cruisers.  They bring all their luggage and aren't prepared with any of their paperwork when they get to the front of long twisting line. 

Well,  not any different than an airport with new travelers.   I say give the new cruisers a break.   We were all new cruisers at one time.  Don’t sweat the pre-board process.  You can relax once you are onboard.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

D+ members not happy with the conversion of CL to Suite Lounge.

I think the OP was talking about the "perceived D+ perk" of priority lane at security being "taken away" - I  would guess a  portion of D+ never experienced that as it was only an issue at a few ports.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I think the OP was talking about the "perceived D+ perk" of priority lane at security being "taken away" - I  would guess a  portion of D+ never experienced that as it was only an issue at a few ports.

That's true.

Southampton and Barcelona have always been good to us but I'm sure there will be some ports who do things differently.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

The food was much better than RC and we never needed to go to the speciality restaurants like we do on Royal for better food and service.

There was several bar waiters in every bar and roaming bar waiters around the pool areas.

As a Princess Elite member we got priority boarding,had a free one time mini bar set up,10% discount in every shop, priority tender and  free drinks at a captains cocktail party.

As a D+ member on Royal we now have a limited choice of free drinks in the DL and continuous loss of perks.

Someone could be on their first cruise in the cheapest cabin but buy KEY and get priority on certain things over D and D+.

I hope you read this Mr Bayley and realise it is a mistake to upset your most loyal guests.

This Princess cruise was better than any of our 30 RC cruises for food and service.

Finally someone who understands where I am coming from.  It doesn't seem to mean anything to RC for the "Loyal to Royal" passengers.  We made Diamond in 4 years, no suites and no single cruising.  And made Diamond plus in leads than 5 years. We are almost half way to Pinnacle at right at 6 years cruising.  All RC, but getting a little tired of having to ask for all the earned perks. There has not been one cruise that I haven't had to ask for my room perks, even the cookies sometimes.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

On many occasions we have witnessed queues of people stopping their tips at GS and gloating about the money they saved.

I wonder if they purchased The KEY?

Lol,. Grapau27, you have a point.  We always tip over and above the gratuities charged.  I too have seen this and heard people talk about having the gratuities removed.  Sad situation.  I should just let those who want to pay for the "Key" do so.  They probably won't have that option for much longer based on all the reviews out there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ysya said:

Finally someone who understands where I am coming from.  It doesn't seem to mean anything to RC for the "Loyal to Royal" passengers.  We made Diamond in 4 years, no suites and no single cruising.  And made Diamond plus in leads than 5 years. We are almost half way to Pinnacle at right at 6 years cruising.  All RC, but getting a little tired of having to ask for all the earned perks. There has not been one cruise that I haven't had to ask for my room perks, even the cookies sometimes.  

I agree and experienced the same as you.Certain perks are supposed to be automatically on the seapass but we have had to query this on several occasions when they haven't been applied.

Wow, the attitudes of several posters on  this page!  Why the anger for those with a very special status? Why the anger for those with the Key? Why is removing tips relevant?  

For Heaven’s sake, people, Get along with each other.  This is the Holiday season.  Be thankful you are Alive, and able to cruise.  

Edited by BSocial
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BSocial said:

Wow, the attitudes of several posters this page!  Why the anger for those with a very special status? Why the anger for those with the Key? Why is removing tips relevant?  

For Heaven’s sake, people, Get along with each other.  This is the Holiday season.  Be thankful you are Alive, and able to cruise.  

I will stop now.  I have stated my complaint.  Let those who want to pay more do so.  Happy cruising.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ysya said:

Lol,. Grapau27, you have a point.  We always tip over and above the gratuities charged.  I too have seen this and heard people talk about having the gratuities removed.  Sad situation.  I should just let those who want to pay for the "Key" do so.  They probably won't have that option for much longer based on all the reviews out there.

Great point.

We too always pre-pay tips and give extra cash tips too.

Our recent Princess cruise experience was a real eye opener for us.

I mentioned to the Princess Captain at the cocktail party how impressed we were with our experience and how it compared to Royal and he expressed his thanks and said they are dedicated to making our cruises very special in every way.

I'm D+ tier member and I don't ever recall a separate special line even when I was as someone said a lowly D member.  Once past security, I'm assigned check in the D+ queue line and boarded with the D/D+ members.  Maybe it's certain ports.

I've sailed many times out of Fort Lauderdale and had to snake to security in the general line.

• Like 1

This thread does sound very elitist.  Put in the 'general public' line, not 'your own' line?  It does make it sound bad.  It reads to me like someone hoping that they can stir the pot enough to get others to do their bidding, 'Maybe we need to bombard Royal Caribbean with complaints'.  

I don't think I'm diamond, I'm not sure how that goes, don't pay much attention to it, but I do know that it would not bother me at all if I had to stand in a line for a few extra minutes to get on board to enjoy my vacation.  I certainly would not be up in arms.  What a crappy way to start a vacation.  This is the sort of thing that makes me think someone is nitpicky and hard to satisfy.  JMO so don't get your panties in a bunch.  Could not care less if there is or is not a line for D and D+.  If something is given to me then yahoo, if not I will never know the difference.  If there ever is something I know I should be receiving and I truly want it I will ask for it and move on.  I pay my price for the cruise and I get what I paid for.  I receive a letter in my cabin to tell me what I can use.  Extras given for loyalty are just that, extras.  They are not guaranteed, I did not pay extra for them, they will come and go.  If your sailing for the extras then I doubt your safe anywhere.  There are other cruise lines that are a lot worse than RCCL.  

As for the Key getting priority, if they are willing to pay that outrageous price for what they get then they deserve to get priority boarding and save the 10/20 minutes it takes to get past security.  That price is paid per day and seems like a lot to get pretty much nothing.  So good for them.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ysya said:

We have "earned"these perks as listed under the different levels.  We have "paid" for these so called perks many times over.  You obviously haven't been in the diamond lounge lately, because every diamond and Diamond plus members is furious.  You are welcome to give up all your perks as you wish. 

Exactly why I avoid diamonds...  Lol.  Sounds like a wonderful place to hang out...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Unfortunately don’t think Bayley cares what loyal cruisers think. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ysya said:

The "Key" passengers can continue with their special perks, as well as the "Suite"and "Pennacle" members.   Just saying they have taken one of our earned perks away.  I am not "young" as outlined by some of you, but I have earned my status and plan to fight for what I have earned. ( And paid for on the long run).  I hope more furious diamond plus members have the nerve to speak up.  

1 hour ago, Ysya said:

We have earned these perks they were not given to us.  I have paid for these so called perks.  You are welcome to forfeit your perks if you wish since you think they were "given" to us.  Live a little longer and learn.

You seem to feel quite entitled. Actually you earned Nothing and everything C&A has not been earned but given to you. 

You booked Cruises and Paid for those and you received Cruises. RCI gave you something with the CAS. This is not something you earned or Paid for, it was simply given to you and it´s Always clearly been spelled out that it can be taken away at any time.

While you think you´ve Paid for These perks, the People in Suites and purchasing Key actually have Paid for it, as it´s part of the cruise they Paid for - this one, not some done deal in the past.

I´m D+ as well, quite well on my way to P, would have made that one already if I had not cruised other lines as well. 

I´ve never booked a cruise for Status and perks, I book for ship, itinerary and having a good time.

I for sure am not unhappy with anything they give me, as I do not believe I´m entitled to anything. It´s their choice to reward me for my Business with whatever perk they decide to give me. If at some Point I wouldn´t be happy with their product and Maybe would not appreciate their efforts to Keep me as a customer, it´s my decision to go elsewhere. Maybe you should rethink this.

Certainly not every D and D+ is furious, as I for example am not one bit and I have not made your Experience in the DL and CL. I have to say I fortunately have not experienced this, as I would have had to leave. I´m not spoiling my vacation time with sitting in a lounge and listen to those entitled complainers. 

To top it all off, your complaint is not even About a published and promised perk. The listed perk has been priority embarkation not check-in, not security. 

• Like 8