Priority boarding taken away from Diamond and Diamond plus members on Liberty of the Seas Royal Caribbean ship

Ysya

2 hours ago, mayleeman said:

Why do people worry whether someone else gets something, too?

Because it eliminates their Chance of Feeling superior to the others. It´s not so much About the perk it´s more About that superior Feeling. 

You can also see this with the discussion this has turned into again About who´s superior and deserves more the D/D+/P or the Suite guest. Even though I have to say it´s Always the same few People starting this discussion.

Edited by 123funcruiser
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mayleeman said:

How on earth did you do this survey?

Sailing regularly from Southampton, speaking to people on the ship,seeing queues of people at GS stopping tips, reading UK cruise forums who advise new cruisers and some not so new to make guest services their first stop to stop their tips.

Almost every UK cruiseline departure offering Tips Included.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 123funcruiser said:

Because it eliminates their Chance of Feeling superior to the others. It´s not so much About the perk it´s more About that superior Feeling. 

You can also see this with the discussion this has turned into again About who´s superior and deserves more the D/D+/P or the Suite guest. Even though I have to say it´s Always the same few People starting this discussion.

The issue is that RC have dangled a carrot to get people to book multiple cruises with them to get extra perks which I'm sure we all appreciate,then when we have done what they wanted they want to dilute these perks.

The Key perks for new cruisers is fine as long as they are not more than the loyalty perks people have sailed multiple times to achieve.

9 hours ago, island lady said:

Awww...thanks my DS friend. 🙂 

Well deserved my DS friend.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

The Key perks for new cruisers is fine as long as they are not more than the loyalty perks people have sailed multiple times to achieve.

Sorry, you have sailed multiple times to have multiple cruises. You have received the cruises you have paid for. Any freebies or perks you received because you have sailed with RCI multiple times were just that... freebies.

I have PAID for the Key. I am entitled to the benefits associated with the purchase, while you are getting a freebie for nothing.

Try reading these forums after taking off your D/D+ hat... the number of posts the start off with "I'm Diamond" or "I'm Diamond+" is ridiculous. From what I see here, D/D+ people just love to flaunt their status, and our OP here is a perfect example of that.

Just imagine having to queue with "normal" passengers? How degrading that must have been...

BTW, I don't see what tips, removal of tips, or tipping extra has do do with this topic. As noted by earlier posters, the tips don't go to RCI (or at least the shouldn't). I don't get the option to prepay tips as these are included in Australian bookings. I DO tip the crew onboard anyway. Either because I have received good service, or because I wish to receive good service for the rest of the cruise. Either way, this has nothing to do with D/D+ perks.

Edited by Balsam12
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Balsam12 said:

I have PAIDBTW, I don't see what tips, removal of tips, or tipping extra has do do with this topic. As noted by earlier posters, the tips don't go to RCI (or at least the shouldn't). I don't get the option to prepay tips as these are included in Australian bookings. I DO tip the crew onboard anyway. Either because I have received good service, or because I wish to receive good service for the rest of the cruise. Either way, this has nothing to do with D/D+ perks.

Actually it does now. Early in this thread I believe someone mentioned they would remove or decrease tips if their perks were decreased. 

In my opinion 

• Like 1

• Clarea locked this topic