What is your favorite deck or cabin to book and why?

1st4our25th

1 hour ago, thesmiths said:

Aft Wrap 7 On Vista and Horizon.

Like to see where we are going and where I have been.

Same cabin 7459 ( Home away from Home).

Also overlooking the Havana area is nice.

I think we have stayed in that one on the Vista.  Loved it! And Deck 7 is great because you don't get the noise of the Havana club on deck 6 and you are only two floors below the buffet and two above the Havana and even the MDR is on that side of the ship.  We never left our little area of the ship. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

I think we have stayed in that one on the Vista.  Loved it! And Deck 7 is great because you don't get the noise of the Havana club on deck 6 and you are only two floors below the buffet and two above the Havana and even the MDR is on that side of the ship.  We never left our little area of the ship. 

I agree. It is nice isn't it.

We do book well in advance.

• Like 1

It depends on the ship, if it’s a special occasion, etc. But generally we book mid-ship balconies on a deck that has only cabins both above and below us. This usually means we can take the stairs most places and no fear of a noisy public area above us. I’ve always avoided the Lido deck due to the fear of noise and foot traffic but maybe I’ll rethink that now for future cruises.

• Like 1

We are big fans of interior cabins on deck 1. Firstly it saves a ton of money. Second its pitch black, so mid afternoon naps on sea days are no different than sleeping at night. Third its usually quieter than other decks. And finally we eat way too much so it encourages more exercise.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Beachiekeen said:

It depends on the ship, if it’s a special occasion, etc. But generally we book mid-ship balconies on a deck that has only cabins both above and below us. This usually means we can take the stairs most places and no fear of a noisy public area above us. I’ve always avoided the Lido deck due to the fear of noise and foot traffic but maybe I’ll rethink that now for future cruises.

The only noise we have ever experienced in a lido deck room has been from the connecting cabin.  We've stayed in lido deck cabins multiple times and noise has never been an issue.  There are cabins below and cabins above.

I recommend not booking a cabin that connects to another.  We are on a cruise now and the cabin next to us had their TV on until 2:00 am.  Plus, we can hear them talking at times through the door.  I put a wrapped towel at the bottom of the door and it did nothing.  Anyway, it's not a huge deal but I will never book a cabin that connects to another one.  The lido deck cabins are great though.

My favorite is deck 7     7411 area.  (changes to a different cabin # depending on the ship.

But next door is another catagory and costs more. 

No across the hall neighbor standing outside the room talking to their family 4 doors away.

This is where the firedoor is stored.

stairs and elevators are easy accessed 

Up two decks is food and pools

Down 2 decks is entertainment.

deck 7 is sandwich between cabin space and away from public areas.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2019 at 9:50 AM, TNcruising02 said:

Lido deck.  It's such a convenient deck for us and eliminates the need to use the stairs to go out to the pool area, jogging track, and buffet/Guy's/Blue Iguana.  It's easy to take a cup of coffee or snack back to the cabin and we don't need to use the public restrooms.  Anyway, the lido deck is our favorite.

On the Vista class, the Lido deck forward of the main pool. It’s close to everything that you need and quiet.

2 hours ago, serene56 said:

My favorite is deck 7     7411 area.  (changes to a different cabin # depending on the ship.

But next door is another catagory and costs more. 

No across the hall neighbor standing outside the room talking to their family 4 doors away.

This is where the firedoor is stored.

stairs and elevators are easy accessed 

Up two decks is food and pools

Down 2 decks is entertainment.

deck 7 is sandwich between cabin space and away from public areas.

We loved deck 7. Hubby wanted that deck for our next cruise, but we are bringing 3 of our daughters with us and wanted rooms across from one another. We couldn't find any even close on deck 7 so I chose lido since there were cabins available directly across from each other. 

2 hours ago, 1st4our25th said:

We loved deck 7. Hubby wanted that deck for our next cruise, but we are bringing 3 of our daughters with us and wanted rooms across from one another. We couldn't find any even close on deck 7 so I chose lido since there were cabins available directly across from each other. 

Deck 7 is highly sought after 

Scenic Grand Oceanview! They are forward rooms with amazing views and a lot of space. We had this one on Splendor and have one booked on Glory in 2021. They are hard to come by as there's only 2 on the ships that have them. The Scenic Oceanview is really nice also. They have one big window and also a lot of space.

Scenic OV.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, LuvCruiSun said:

Scenic Grand Oceanview! They are forward rooms with amazing views and a lot of space. We had this one on Splendor and have one booked on Glory in 2021. They are hard to come by as there's only 2 on the ships that have them. The Scenic Oceanview is really nice also. They have one big window and also a lot of space.

Scenic OV.jpg

Wow, great cabin, never knew about it!

I don't really care what type of cabin (inside, ocean view or balcony) but I like a cabin that is either on the lido/pool/buffet area or at least on the same end of the ship. It just makes it so convenient because I spend alot of time on that deck and love the convenience of easily being able to go grab a drink or light snack or go back to my room without alot of walking. 

I also like a cabin not too far from the elevators for the same reason.  

• Like 1

On 12/16/2019 at 10:01 AM, Galatz said:

We are big fans of interior cabins on deck 1. Firstly it saves a ton of money. Second its pitch black, so mid afternoon naps on sea days are no different than sleeping at night. Third its usually quieter than other decks. And finally we eat way too much so it encourages more exercise.

First cruise we did deck 2 ocean view. Upcoming one will be deck 2 interior. We found we were never in the room and we saved a ton of money. I'll subsidize ours cheers package or excursions. Plus, some we are eating and drinking, we're fine with the extra walking. 

Honestly my favorite cabin is any suite- lol- no surprise there really. Everything is bigger and there's a whirlpool tub and double sinks in the bathroom! I also really like deck seven because it's typically the middle residential deck and therefore pretty quiet. 

That said- I like ANY cabin on a cruise! 1A- Grand Suite, I don't care because any bed is a good bed and the rest of the ship is where I mostly spend my time. 🙂   

• Like 1

We have always been on or near deck 5 midship, and book inside cabins. But that said, my husband and I are sailing are first solo cruise this June via Radiance and sans children (the first vacation ever alone in 25 years!) and have chosen Lido. I’m glad to hear so many positive posts here about Lido- the comments echo our reasons for choosing the deck... convenience!!!

• Like 1

Reading all these posts made me think, would you like a balcony that over looks the lido deck rather than the water? I could see some really nice benefits to that. You can people watch and relax while in the comfort of your balcony, and you dont have to worry about saving seats for the movies. I could see that working great when traveling with kids, you can catch the movie and entertainment while the kids sleep.

10 hours ago, Galatz said:

Reading all these posts made me think, would you like a balcony that over looks the lido deck rather than the water? I could see some really nice benefits to that. You can people watch and relax while in the comfort of your balcony, and you dont have to worry about saving seats for the movies. I could see that working great when traveling with kids, you can catch the movie and entertainment while the kids sleep.

If it's a mass-market line ship, then no. I usually retreat to my balcony around late-morning to get away from the blaring music at the pool.

• Like 2