What is your favorite deck or cabin to book and why?

1st4our25th

Forward Cove Balconies.

My wife loves to be close to the water. - to hear the ship cutting through the water.

I like Cove balconies because it saves a lot of money especially compared to some of the cabins we book on other cruise lines.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2019 at 10:24 AM, 1st4our25th said:

Just curious what everyone's favorite is and why they like it. Is it different for you depending on the ship or do you always try to book your cabin in the same area no matter what?

Hoping to enjoy many cruises in the future. We have our second booked, but it isn't until 2021. I have struggled  when choosing our cabins because I really have no experience. I would love to see what seasoned cruisers have found to be the "best" (in their opinion). 😊

For the best restful sleep, I always book a deck that is sandwiched between 2 cabin only decks. No venues above or below. And more mid ship not near any elevators.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reps23 said:

I have been on many cruises but what is a bowling alley balcony cabin?  

On the Spirit class ships there are a few extended balconies that are triple length for the same price as a regular extended. There are 6 total with three of them being handicap accessible. 6232 4 person room, 7258 and 8232 are 2 person rooms. 6234, 7260, and 8234 are the handicap ones.

• Like 2

Lido is my favorite because it is closer to where we spend most of our time on sea days.  If that's not available, I will do one of the 3 decks below it.  If I go 1 deck below, I check the deck plans to be sure the cabin I select is under other cabins & not the pool or buffet areas.  I've done the low decks before & it is quicker to the dining room & to get off the ship at ports.  So, I'd be okay with them as well.  I just got spoiled to having the cabin on Lido - just easier if you need to run back to the room for something while you are lounging by the pool.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2019 at 3:55 PM, glrounds said:

Solo cruiser, pay DOUBLE . . . inside with a porthole (if I can get one) . . . PRICE !

Agreed. I booked a back to back cruise in an inside porthole for the same price as a single balcony cruise. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, reeinaz said:

Agreed. I booked a back to back cruise in an inside porthole for the same price as a single balcony cruise. 

4 hours ago, reeinaz said:

We are doing a Side2Side with an inside on both for the price of 1 week in a balcony. It works for us. 😊

• Like 1

On 12/16/2019 at 8:36 AM, Beachiekeen said:

It depends on the ship, if it’s a special occasion, etc. But generally we book mid-ship balconies on a deck that has only cabins both above and below us. This usually means we can take the stairs most places and no fear of a noisy public area above us. I’ve always avoided the Lido deck due to the fear of noise and foot traffic but maybe I’ll rethink that now for future cruises.

This☝️. For our upcoming Conquest Cruise we have the very last balcony cabin before the aft wrap. It's a larger balcony and the odd shaped cabin but we have cabins above us and below us. We have had a spa deck balcony on the Liberty. That was uncovered and people from the open deck on 12 could look down on us. Not a fan of that. We have had an aft cabin but boy was that HOT. Rendered the balcony useless during the day. For our upcoming Breeze cruise we have our first cove balcony. Looking forward to that.