ms Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam in Port Everglades December 15, 2019

Scrapnana

3 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Bet ya, there were some very happy Nieuw A pax on both Pinnacle-class sisters

See ya'll; have a great week and let's be safe out there!

Some SIGNATURE CLASS PASSENGERS might not like the PINNACLE class ships. 

19 minutes ago, Himself said:

Some SIGNATURE CLASS PASSENGERS might not like the PINNACLE class ships. 

Very true since the Pinnacle ships are bigger and carry more people. But under the circumstances sure they were willing to make the move as they are still getting to do their cruise this week afterall. It beats still being on Nieuw A docked at Port Everglades or stuck in a hotel somewhere trying to figure what to do for the rest of the week or how to get home sooner after having your cruise canceled due to a mechanical issue. Heck those that changed ships may have already been on one of them so they knew what they were getting themselves into.  Wonder how many people were able to change to either Koningsdam & Nieuw Statendam. We embark NS next Sunday so maybe we will find out.

Try going through what we experienced during the 04 trans Atlantic on the Rotterdam when we had the problems with Hurricane Karl. There was no one to help us cause of where we were and today we are still cruising.  Oh well. Things happen and there is always tomorrow.

Edited by rjbean4

1 minute ago, rjbean4 said:

Very true since the Pinnacle ships are bigger and carry more people. But under the circumstances sure they were willing to make the move as they are still getting to do their cruise this week afterall. It beats still being on Nieuw A docked at Port Everglades or stuck in a hotel somewhere trying to figure what to do for the rest of the week or how to get home sooner after having your cruise canceled due to a mechanical issue. Heck those that changed ships may have already been on one of them so they knew what they were getting themselves into. 

Try going through what we experienced during the 04 trans Atlantic on the Rotterdam when we had the problems with Hurricane Karl. There was no one to help us cause of where we were and today we are still cruising.  Oh well. Things happen and there is always tomorrow.

I hope they all have a great cruise.

17 minutes ago, Himself said:

I hope they all have a great cruise.

Yeah me too. Especially right before the Holidays. They will have stories to tell. The ship they should have been on and where they ended up. Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all.

Edited by rjbean4

And I can see my lovely back aft wrap-around stateroom (7189).  Perhaps you can see me sobbing wildly with my arms and legs wrapped around the back rail as they tried to force me to pack up and get off LOL.  Seriously though - Lovely cruise to the South Caribbean, wonderful food, interesting weather, great service.  It was my first time on Koningsdam, after a dozen cruises on the Vista Class ships, so I was interested to see what changes in design had been made.  For me - hits and misses on design changes, but the same wonderful HAL service helped me overcome little disappointments.  Can't wait til the next cruise!

Edited by Iggysue