Blue lagoon on your own?

LorettaD

I was wondering if there is some way of doing this on our own. While cruise ship excursion price is reasonable 69$ including lunch, I just dislike having the time constraint. I read somewhere that once you walk off the ship there are vendors offering it there? Just wondering if anyone has any info on this.

Thanks

In some instances, you can only use the cruise ship excursion.   

But I'll give you some insight.

Blue Lagoon Island is only accessible be dolphin encounter ferries, so there is no getting there on your own.   You can reach out to www.dolphinencounters.com to see if you can book thru them directly, and if they have time slots available for you as well.  (they book up months in advance)

If they do, they you must book in advance,  take a taxi to the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal on Paradise Island and got to the ticket window 30 minutes before your assigned ferry.

There are several ferries going over in the morning, and then several in the afternoon going back.  I think 12:30. 2:30 and 4pm   So it's not really without time constrictions.

Vendors outside the port area are for  smaller, less popular excursions.  None to Blue Lagoon. 

There is no time restriction on returning.  You can take any of the ferries back including the latest one.  And going there, you have to be on a cruise excursion to get on the ferry at the cruise port.

This is an excursion where going on your own make no sense at all.

• Like 1

You can book directly through Blue Lagoon's website: http://www.dolphinencounters.com/

Like Scubagirrl said, you're limited to the ferry times whether you book through the cruise ship or on your own.  It does take a while for the ferry to get back and unload everyone and then for you to walk back to the ship so if you decide to go on your own, be very aware of which ferry you need to be on to get back in time.

• 2 weeks later...

I looked into doing it both ways and the cost difference showed very little savings doing it on your own vs taking the ships excursion.  And the ships excursion was soooooo much easier.  You boarded their ferry right at the cruise dock.   And you could return on several different ferries and different times during the day.  Also wanted to say that it was raining the day we were going and they offered everyone a full refund if you did not want to go in the rain.  We declined the refund, as there were 11 of us all scheduled for the Dolphin  Encounter and we didn't want to miss it.   It was amazing, I would recommend highly.  Ages 70 all the way to my youngest grandson at 5 and we all loved it.  

Edited by itsanita
misspelled word
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/21/2020 at 7:37 PM, Newbea11 said:

I am booked through royal Caribbean and it is much more expensive to book with them then it is to book on my own with blue lagoon. Would they refuse us knowing we booked through them instead of royal. 

No.  How would they even know?

You will, however, need to get your own transportation to the pickup at the Paradise Island dock. 

This is one where it makes absolutely no sense to book on your own.

11 hours ago, BNBR said:

No.  How would they even know?

You will, however, need to get your own transportation to the pickup at the Paradise Island dock. 

This is one where it makes absolutely no sense to book on your own.

They ask you when you book if you are on a cruise.  Of course, you could lie and say no.  I agree with you, though, that there's not much advantage to booking direct.  I would only do it if my cruise line didn't offer a specific encounter that I wanted.