If you actually enjoy reading people’s NCL complaints

tallnthensome

RECENT EPIC REVIEW:

We were on the boat over the Christmas break and I guess that meant that people over-indulged. I was Haven with a premium plus drinks package, and I was literally unable to get one beer the entire cruise (they ran out on day three). On day 6, my wife, my daughter and I ordered three separate drinks with lunch, and not only were lunch items unavailable but all three of our different drinks had run out. Who runs out of ginger ale and beer?

———————-

Not one beer? The entire cruise?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, texasgirl29 said:

RECENT EPIC REVIEW:

We were on the boat over the Christmas break and I guess that meant that people over-indulged. I was Haven with a premium plus drinks package, and I was literally unable to get one beer the entire cruise (they ran out on day three). On day 6, my wife, my daughter and I ordered three separate drinks with lunch, and not only were lunch items unavailable but all three of our different drinks had run out. Who runs out of ginger ale and beer?

———————-

Not one beer? The entire cruise?

For those of us who have jobs that interact with the public, the sad aspect of these situations is not only the lying, but the large number of people who with their warped sense of reality actually believe what they're saying is the truth.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BelowDeck4us said:

For those of us who have jobs that interact with the public, the sad aspect of these situations is not only the lying, but the large number of people who with their warped sense of reality actually believe what they're saying is the truth.  

I 100% agree. 

There are some doozies over on the Joy site especially during the Norovirus outbreak.   Very entertaining and dramatic. And so many people complaining they could not use the pools because it was too cold.  Really?  Why would you book an Alaskan cruise?  Could you imagine taking a Caribbean cruise and complaining, "We could not use the pool deck because it was too hot outside."

This was another that I enjoyed

Overall the cruise was a huge failure. DON'T STAY IN AFT FACING ROOMS. THE SHIPS ENGINE FUMES RAIN DOWN ON THE BALCONY. CANCER CAUSING FUMES AND SOOT FEEL IN MY COFFEE AND I DRANK IT. The staff is clearly aware of the problem and said they usually clean it at the end of the trip. They were great and said this time they would clean it daily but said that's not normally what they are told to do. Norwegian makes them leave it there if no one complains. I'm disgusted Norwegian can get away with this. It's a safety hazard for crew, staff and guests. I HAVE A SAMPLE OF IT AND WILL BE SENDING IT OUT FOR TESTING. I'll be contacting the company with complaints shortly. In the 20 years this ship has been out I can't believe they didn't fix this. Disgusting. I paid more for this room too. They never inform you of this anywhere on their website. Clearly hiding it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sweetnspicy said:

We must have the same in-laws. We could have a million dollar vacation and they would still find the one teeny tiny thing that they could complain about for the next 10 years. 

They keep wanting to do a family cruise and I keep finding excuses not to. They are in their low 60s so that means the potential for 25+ more years of complaining about it!

3 minutes ago, aknguyen said:

They keep wanting to do a family cruise and I keep finding excuses not to. They are in their low 60s so that means the potential for 25+ more years of complaining about it!

😬 My in-laws won’t Cruise so I am very blessed.i wish you all the luck. 

22 hours ago, david_sobe said:

DON'T STAY IN AFT FACING ROOMS. THE SHIPS ENGINE FUMES RAIN DOWN ON THE BALCONY. CANCER CAUSING FUMES AND SOOT FEEL IN MY COFFEE AND I DRANK IT.

So this is great intel, as we will be an aft facing room.  I have added those tiny drink umbrellas to my packing list.  (To put in our coffee mugs....for the soot)

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

Happy New Year everyone!

I came across this and it truly made me laugh. We have been to most of those places, and we are so unlike those tourists!! We are "travelers"!!

Wi-Fi - OMG!! 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7845043/Big-Ben-not-big-Queen-wouldnt-wave-Buckingham-Palace-Ben-Nevis-lacks-4G.html

Wonder if those are the same lot as ….

33 minutes ago, GettotheSun said:

So this is great intel, as we will be an aft facing room.  I have added those tiny drink umbrellas to my packing list.  (To put in our coffee mugs....for the soot)

I actually love soot in my coffee.  It gives it that extra kick that I need in the morning 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Cruising out of NY and Boston in November a few times, I've heard so many weather complaints.  Yes, sea days are super cold at the beginning and end. And yes, cold and windy weather makes the ship move. As do hurricanes, and November is still hurricane season. Don't like it? Choose a better season or fly south. The amount of complaints that I have heard is crazy. Prices are really great in November. Don't people understand why? 

Other complaints are just ridiculous. If you've never read about the infamous "bananas by the mayo and ketchup" on the Royal board, that one may be my favorite. It still comes up sometimes in reference to other complaints. Gets me laughing every time: 

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, david_sobe said:

I actually love soot in my coffee.  It gives it that extra kick that I need in the morning 😉

instant espresso, LOL

Also forgot to mention, I really don’t understand the bananas by the ketchup and mayo thing?  So multiple people complained because they had a bowl of bananas over by the condiments at the buffet?  I don’t get it.

Edited by GettotheSun

15 hours ago, AKR2011 said:

Cruising out of NY and Boston in November a few times, I've heard so many weather complaints.  Yes, sea days are super cold at the beginning and end. And yes, cold and windy weather makes the ship move. As do hurricanes, and November is still hurricane season. Don't like it? Choose a better season or fly south. The amount of complaints that I have heard is crazy. Prices are really great in November. Don't people understand why? 

This is exactly why I changed our cruise from departure from NYC (on the Bliss) to a departure from NOLA (on the Getaway).  Well that and the on-board activities for our boys seemed better on the Getaway.  We are sailing mid March and I live close to Toronto so basically same weather as NYC, and it is cold in March, very cold.  While I booked the Haven to allow us to use the enclosed facilities, ultimately as a Canadian I want an entirely warm week off, not 3 or 4 days that are warm.  It may seem obvious, but I bet a lot of cruisers may be disappointed.  I paid not a small amount to switch to the NOLA Getaway in the Haven.  I hope worth it.

1 hour ago, GettotheSun said:

instant espresso, LOL

Also forgot to mention, I really don’t understand the bananas by the ketchup and mayo thing?  So multiple people complained because they had a bowl of bananas over by the condiments at the buffet?  I don’t get it.

The bananas and ketchup thing is the sole reason I don't sail RCCL 🙈 🤣

Edited by david_sobe
  • Like 1

On 1/1/2020 at 7:30 PM, david_sobe said:

This was another that I enjoyed

Overall the cruise was a huge failure. DON'T STAY IN AFT FACING ROOMS. THE SHIPS ENGINE FUMES RAIN DOWN ON THE BALCONY. CANCER CAUSING FUMES AND SOOT FEEL IN MY COFFEE AND I DRANK IT. The staff is clearly aware of the problem and said they usually clean it at the end of the trip. They were great and said this time they would clean it daily but said that's not normally what they are told to do. Norwegian makes them leave it there if no one complains. I'm disgusted Norwegian can get away with this. It's a safety hazard for crew, staff and guests. I HAVE A SAMPLE OF IT AND WILL BE SENDING IT OUT FOR TESTING. I'll be contacting the company with complaints shortly. In the 20 years this ship has been out I can't believe they didn't fix this. Disgusting. I paid more for this room too. They never inform you of this anywhere on their website. Clearly hiding it.

I am sad to announce that I was able to locate this particular cruiser. Unfortunately they aren’t doing too well after the “bad coffee”. So sad ......

6A6A9CF7-C497-46C4-9070-C78115E29676.jpeg

• Haha 3

Reading some Spirit reviews in anticipation of my November cruise...  I can only say I hope this person never gets "old",  has an accident, a bad knee or God forbid an actual disability. We should all just stay home and out of their way...

Most of our very expensive excursions were completely ruined by older people who were clearly mobility challenged and should not have been allowed on the buses for the activity levels described. Our Athens excursion did not include 1/3 of the promised tour because the city was blocked off for an event - we received no notice and no compensation for this reduction. Additionally, the Pompeii excursion was very clearly listed as challenging with no mobility impaired persons allowed and yet there were no less than SIX people with canes on the tour. We got to see about 2 acres of Pompeii before an old lady, who had been complaining about the difficulty of the terrain ad nauseum, fell in the road and had to be helped back out. Why are these clearly mobility impaired people allowed on challenging level excursions? Our money was basically stolen from us to support the needs of these other people. We at no point received the excursions we had paid for because of constant issues with mobility impaired persons.

29 minutes ago, Zippeedee said:

Reading some Spirit reviews in anticipation of my November cruise...  I can only say I hope this person never gets "old",  has an accident, a bad knee or God forbid an actual disability. We should all just stay home and out of their way...

Most of our very expensive excursions were completely ruined by older people who were clearly mobility challenged and should not have been allowed on the buses for the activity levels described. Our Athens excursion did not include 1/3 of the promised tour because the city was blocked off for an event - we received no notice and no compensation for this reduction. Additionally, the Pompeii excursion was very clearly listed as challenging with no mobility impaired persons allowed and yet there were no less than SIX people with canes on the tour. We got to see about 2 acres of Pompeii before an old lady, who had been complaining about the difficulty of the terrain ad nauseum, fell in the road and had to be helped back out. Why are these clearly mobility impaired people allowed on challenging level excursions? Our money was basically stolen from us to support the needs of these other people. We at no point received the excursions we had paid for because of constant issues with mobility impaired persons.

I must admit that I know where this person is coming from. I’ve had several cruise excursions where it was clearly stated in the description that level of difficulty was high and the tour required extensive walking on uneven pavement or dirt hiking only to have some that were mobility impaired book these excursions unwisely. It wouldn’t be so bad except for the fact that the cruisers  then complained about  it and slowed down the guide and the group. We had this happen this past April on the Bliss in Guatemala where we had folks who could barely step up onto the bus but booked the extremely difficult Pacaya Volcano hike 4.5 miles uphill in the jungle. Needless to say they made it about 500 yards. People complained about too much walking on our walking tour and Berlin. Honest to Gods truth, we found a woman in the jungle in Belize who had been completely left behind in the jungle by a tour group from another cruise earlier before us. She had zero business being there. She could  barely breathe and I can still picture to this day the sweat dripping off her hoop ear rings. That being said, none of these people ruined our own personal experience. They were simply negligent and I could see where these issues by these people making bad decisions can possibly ruin  other cruisers tour experiences. Plenty of head shaking experiences out there. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GettotheSun said:

instant espresso, LOL

Although it is a silly thing to get upset over, I think the point was he didn't find the bananas because he looked for them in the fruit area. I personally wouldn't look for fruit in the condiment area either, but I wouldn't get upset about it.

2 hours ago, Zippeedee said:

I can only say I hope this person never gets "old",  has an accident, a bad knee or God forbid an actual disability

To be fair - if the excursion is listed with a high difficulty due to terrain or extensive walking, people with known mobility issues should not book those excursions.  I'm not saying they shouldn't be allowed to enjoy their cruise like everyone else is trying to do, but they need to do so sensibly and with consideration for others trying to enjoy their cruise and excursions.

I was impacted by one of these in October - it was a non-cruise excursion, the listing clearly stated that people with mobility issues should not book the trip yet a family showed up with one person in a wheelchair and another that could have used one, FOR A GLASS-BOTTOM BOAT TOUR!  Both of them had difficulty getting on and off that boat, not to mention that they were over 30 minutes late because they had trouble with tendering, not understanding they needed to pre-register for a tender time, then not realizing the tender for those with mobility issues was loading in a different place.  Several stops on that trip were cut short because of them.

• Like 2