Labadee- clamshell versus daybed

vacationlover_mn

I am trying to decide on clamshell vrs daybed on Labadee.

I’ve researched quite a bit, and what I’ve seen from people so far is:

1) Don’t waste your money, there are plenty of free loungers

2) Daybeds are great!

3) Clamshells are great, but crowded together and get there early for one in the front.

What I haven’t seen are people who got a daybed or clamshell and regret it.  Have any of you gotten a daybed or clamshell and have regretted it?  Wish you would have done something else?

A bit about us.  We are going there on Oasis in late Feb.  I have both the daybed and clamshell booked now, and plan to cancel one or both.  We are in our mid 40’s, no kids.  DH likes to nap in the shade listening to the sound of the waves.  I like to read in the sun.  We have the drinky pkg and plan to drink a bit 🙂. We don’t snorkel, and don’t plan on swimming, though trying the swim up bar and going on floaty mats would be cool.  We have been to Labadee before, and just used the free loungers.

Can only speak to the clamshells, yes if you want one in the front row you’ll need to be there early.  Top of the clamshell had venting that allowed for airflow which was nice all the time protecting us from the sun.  Because the side are mostly solid (except for vented section) we felt very private east to relax inside.

We really like them and buy one every time we are in Labadee.

On 12/15/2019 at 7:11 AM, vacationlover_mn said:

I am trying to decide on clamshell vrs daybed on Labadee.

What I haven’t seen are people who got a daybed or clamshell and regret it.  Have any of you gotten a daybed or clamshell and have regretted it?  Wish you would have done something else?

I have a daybed booked for January so I will report back. Last time I got a pretty good deal on a Cabana at Columbus Cove and loved it!! Trying something different this time because I'm with a different group of friends and they are ziplining so I'll be close and can watch them. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2019 at 12:19 AM, nicstress said:

I have a daybed booked for January so I will report back. Last time I got a pretty good deal on a Cabana at Columbus Cove and loved it!! Trying something different this time because I'm with a different group of friends and they are ziplining so I'll be close and can watch them. 

I would be interested to find out how the day bed area is laid out. We got two at chill beach for August, how do we make sure they are close to each other. Can other people stop by to visit or do you need wrist bands to get into the day bed area at Chill Beach?

thanks in advance, Mike

• 1 month later...

The daybeds are all grouped together at the corner of the beach. Just arrive at the same time and choose 2 next to one another. anyone can stop by. There were six of us but only 2 of us bothered with the wrist band and our attendants never said a word. This was at Adrenaline beach under the zipline. 

On 1/5/2020 at 6:00 PM, Motorman23 said:

I would be interested to find out how the day bed area is laid out. We got two at chill beach for August, how do we make sure they are close to each other. Can other people stop by to visit or do you need wrist bands to get into the day bed area at Chill Beach?

thanks in advance, Mike