NCL tour "shape of Panama"

tweety33

Has anyone taken the tour called "shape of Panama" with NCL line who can give a review.

I was mostly curious if this takes you into the new city and what you do there & time spent, The description mainly talked about the old Panama City. I want to be able to see both.

Time spend just riding in the bus & if you saw a lot on the way. Would appreciate your opinion if you have taken this tour. There was only 3 brief reviews on there site. thanks

Haven't been on NCL's version of that tour, so I don't know what they are actually including.  When they speak of the "old" city, there are actually two "old" cities.  The first is Panama Viejo which is the ruins of the original city.  The other "old" portion is referred to several by several names... Casco Antiguo (and sometimes Casco Viejo), the Colonial District and even the San Felipe district.  The Casco Antiguo is where the city was built after Panama Viejo was destroyed by Henry Morgan, this is the area where most tours spend some time visiting and touring.  Panama Viejo and the Casco Antiguo are all within the confines of present day Panama City.  You will travel through and around  present day Panama City to get to the Casco Antiguo.  Many of the tours don't spend any time in Panama Viejo other than just drive through it.  I don't know what NCL does in this regard.

OP: I would suggest you also ask your question over on the NCL board, if you haven't done so already.  I would also call NCL's shore excursion desk.  I have found them to be helpful when I've had a question about an excursion.  And if they don't know the answer, they are able to get it from the tour operator.   The info you are seeking is reasonable, and they should provide it.

Good luck and enjoy!