old city walking tour--could a person with a rollator handle this?

goat rancher

We are trying to find an interesting tour while in Cartagena that will not overtax my husband. Have already seen  the Fort and the churches/monastery and the folkloric show and really just want some time in the Old City, with the goal of getting to Las Bovedas. We prefer ship tours, and did find a few that included a walking tour of the old city,  but they did not SPECIFICALLY say how long of a distance the walking tour in the old city might be---only stated that the tour was 1 hour.Husband has to use a cane or a rollator if going any distances and his pace is NOT very fast. Not so much worried about the cobblestones, it is just he might need stops as we go along and can't go fast. We don't want to get into a situation of not being able to keep up with a tour and having no options on how to handle it.

Also, we are looking at a tour on Princess that includes a cruise in the harbor, followed by the old city tour. It mentions a 15 minute (AGAIN, no distance, just time) walk to the boat they use for the cruise. Anyone go on a tour like that and have any idea what we are talking about distance wise?? I have called Princess a few times with distance/logistics questions and the stock answer is "I don't know...you will have to ask onboard" ...which is basically no help at all 😞

Thanks for any help/advice/suggestions!!

Liz

• 2 weeks later...

we're on Caribbean Princess--January 3-13 partial transit...

We signed up for the excursion that includes a short cruise in the harbor, with samples of coffee and food, followed by a walking tour of the Old City. The best information that we could get is to "ask at the shore excursions desk" after we get on board to see if we could actually go on this tour with a rollator and some mobility issues (mainly having to do with speed at which people are expected to go to keep up with walking tour)...

I guess we will have to just play it by ear........

Liz