Windstar verifying past cruises

new_cruiser

Just a heads up -  My husband and I each received a letter from Windstar to verify their records of our past cruises. The form states the number of cruises and number of days they found in their records and has a place for you to enter corrected amounts and details. This is to prepare for rolling out an enhanced loyalty program, something that John Delaney said they plan to announce by the end of the year. 

In our case, the numbers they sent reflected our recent cruises (2017 through 2019) but didn't include cruises from 2004 and 2005; so if you are a long time customer, you may need to check their numbers. 

The letter requested that if there were any corrections that they be returned by December 27. 

We received our letter, which only references our two most recent cruises, and which fails to referernce three additional cruises which we took in 2001, 2006, 2007 (prior to current Windstar ownership).  The letter seeks mail response within 2 weeks, with no on-line option to correct their inaccurate records.  Not sure how we can establish our prior three cruises - hopefully, they will accept our word, and/or take the time to check their own records.    

2 hours ago, SkiWave said:

We received our letter, which only references our two most recent cruises, and which fails to referernce three additional cruises which we took in 2001, 2006, 2007 (prior to current Windstar ownership).  The letter seeks mail response within 2 weeks, with no on-line option to correct their inaccurate records.  Not sure how we can establish our prior three cruises - hopefully, they will accept our word, and/or take the time to check their own records.    

I had the booking number and date for one of the cruises they missed (thanks to my husband's obsessive filing). The other one I only had ship, departure port and approximate date (range of a couple of months). It departed out of St. Thomas so there isn't even a passport stamp to estimate the date from. They may not have kept records back that far as it's more than most records retention requires so I'm also hoping that they take our word for it. 

WS is at its best on water, weakness Seattle and always has been. Good luck to us. I am missing 12 cruises, 102 nights, my husband, according to them has 5 more cruises than I do, far more nights, very funny, the imaginary cruise partner, he told me that WS promised him they would not squeal on him!  I have all sorts of proof if they want it: plastic door keys, names of friends we have traveled with, GPS photos and dates, voyage numbers, passport stamps, 25 years of Christmas letters including when and where our voyages were naming WS, I send thank you's  to WS I have responses from WS. Whatever they want. Good luck to us all but mostly Happy Sailing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I received a letter and it was accurate. I have made sure to keep all my cruises on record and verify them before each cruise just in case it mattered for upgrades, I wanted make sure my record was correct.

I wonder what kid of perks they will give us?  Two bags?

• Like 1

At least they had my husband and I at the same numbers so that was a good thing. Would hate to think he had another woman onboard! It was off on the numbers though so will make a correction on the form and return. The Star Collectors are considered one cruise where they used to be b2b and count as 2 or b2b2b as 3. I think the number of days has become more important than number of cruises. That's how Cunard counts. The real counting issue are the cruises prior to current ownership and current software. I give them credit for at least trying to get the records in order. It had to be a big effort to at least get this far and make a good faith effort to update everyone. John Delaney has done more for this company the last couple of years than all the previous CEO's combined. Can't wait to see the stretches and get on the Surf in 30 days!

• Thanks 1

The letters arrived today for us in the upper midwest.

Two cruises were missing on our sheets. Unfortunately they don't tell you which cruises they have in their records. I have sent them dates for all our cruises since I can't tell which are missing.

For those who want to follow up:

Windstar Cruises

Yacht Club Loyalty Program

2101 4th Ave, suite 210

Seattle WA 98109

We got the letter over the week-end.  Sorry, but I think their timing is poor- this is a busy time of year for most people.  And no option to correct by email or even fax?

They missed one of our cruises from 2002- I agree with those that say the change in ownership (from HAL) seems to be part of the problem.  I appreciate them trying to get it right but it would be nice if they gave easier options to correct it.  I always keep the boarding card but it didn't have the precise date on it- did have voyage number, etc. so hopefully that's all they need.

If you saw John Delaney's answer to Yacht Club loyalty rewards question, he said they were trying to get a program in place by year end. I didn't take the letter to mean anything more than they are reaching out to try and get their records to reflect accurate information.  I think they understand that it's a big task and give them credit for the effort. This company has changed hands a few times and in many sales and acquisitions, old records get lost in the shuffle. Add to that a change in software a few years ago. If the time of year is wrong because of the holdidays, I believe they will allow updates after the new year.  And the letter doesn't ask for specifics to be submitted although I imagine large discrepancies might be questioned.  Our first Windstar cruise was 2013 and they were spot on other than a two day discrepancie. Friends who cruised going way back are the ones who received really bad numbers and will undoubtedly get it fixed in due time.

• Thanks 1

Yesterday we received my husband's letter and our two son's. Mine is nowhere to be seen. I figured if mine doesn't come today or tomorrow I'll just copy my husband's and send it in with my WS number. Our two son's are correct but I think they're missing a cruise or two on my DH.

To us expecting folks to reenact  all cruises taken on this line is shameful really .  Most folks do not keep all records of their cruises and  exact dates. They expect the company with loyalty and other programs to keep good records.

While I think Windstar is the best cruise line going for what they provide on the water, having poor booking is a blemish on their overall  package.

I am sure many think this is not a big deal and I respect that. But keeping poor records affect us all and the perks we might receive in the future should we choose to book further cruises..

• Like 1

Having been sailing with Windstar since 1997 they were missing 20 cruises and 150 days - but with 4 different owners and lots of changes, I am just happy they are trying to get things in order. It will be interesting to see what they put in place to make it worth all the time and energy everyone has to go through to re create records.

• Like 1