Windstar verifying past cruises

new_cruiser

6 minutes ago, r&rd said:

Having been sailing with Windstar since 1997 they were missing 20 cruises and 150 days - but with 4 different owners and lots of changes, I am just happy they are trying to get things in order. It will be interesting to see what they put in place to make it worth all the time and energy everyone has to go through to re create records.

I give them great marks for trying to get the record straight. Having been on the end of acquisitions with bad records furnished by other parties, I understand how difficult this can be. No, everyone doesn't keep all of their room keys, itineraries   etc., but my bet is most do.  And if it turns out that we can get free onboard perks, all the better than it's been before.

3 hours ago, sb44 said:

I give them great marks for trying to get the record straight. Having been on the end of acquisitions with bad records furnished by other parties, I understand how difficult this can be. No, everyone doesn't keep all of their room keys, itineraries   etc., but my bet is most do.  And if it turns out that we can get free onboard perks, all the better than it's been before.

My TA has the records (just one more reason to use one) so I had a starting point and I think that my 2 missing itins were before the, um, troubles. I give them credit for trying but I do wish they’d printed what they had as a starting point for me. They came up with a number, show it to me!  I do have to ask about room keys. I see no reason on earth to save 10 year old room keys??? I must be missing something.  

I spent 4 hours researching, correcting and typing a list if our past cruises. Manic organized. I am happy finally, perhaps they will get this done. WS is a funny Company  and always has been,  my opinion perfect on the sea and since 1999 sort of not so much perfect, rather disorganized actually the difference is extraordinary. I hope this helps and I have to put it in perspective very happy about the sea always have been. Happy Sailing 

Windstar lacks customer Service .We have sailed Windstar 8 times with numerous friends.Never received any updates .Emailed them to see if they received our new address no replies in 3 days.Love the Boats  but a Seattle office has serious issues🙁🙁🙁 

• Like 2

Windstar’s frequent cruiser programs were developed when they were part of Holland America Line. Over at HAL the program is still a major mess that will not be cleared up anytime soon.

Thank goodness that Windstar is trying to clean up the mess they inherited.

• Like 1

I returned my letter to Windstar the day after I received it.  It came back today labeled “no such address”. The address on my envelope is correct as instructed. Anyone else have this same issue? Guess I’ll need to get on the phone with Seattle and find out what happened. Seems so trivial to have to do this while others are struggling to rebook their cancelled cruises.

Today is Dec. 27th., the return request date stated in the letter that was sent to my spouse. I never got that letter. My spouse returned the letter noting corrections and also wrote down my WS customer number and cruise totals.  We have sailed together many times on WS. Did they lose my records?  Not feeling appreciated.  Sailing b2b in January.  Hope they recognize me.

20 hours ago, TakingFlight said:

I returned my letter to Windstar the day after I received it.  It came back today labeled “no such address”. The address on my envelope is correct as instructed. Anyone else have this same issue?

Just got off the phone with Seattle. Some of the letters had an incorrect reply zip code. The correct zip code for Seattle is 98121, not 98109 as given in my letter. If you get your envelope back from Windstar, pop it back in the mail with the correct zip code-they will still accept our responses.

Received my response letter with cruise details back in the mail as "undeliverable."  As mentioned above, Windstar provided an incorrect return mailing address for their own office, in addition to their short deadline.   Very frustrating the sloppy way they are handling this issue.   

• Like 1

On 12/16/2019 at 1:37 PM, Chipshot from Michigan said:

They can check the Wind Song's ship's log for one of our cruises.

We sailed Windsong too in 1993. Last cruise we were teased by a staff member on Wind Spirit that he'd not been born as yet in '93.

19 hours ago, Redtravel said:

The wrong zip? Just wondering why would Windstar ask for snail mail returns.  WS has my email address.  I get email with my "ticket" for my cruise. 

There’s just no end to the things WS can mess up!  I still can’t believe the didn’t just include an email to send a pdf to!  The put...the...wrong...zip code for their own offices?  No words. I guess if they’d used an email that would have been wrong as well. 

My disbelief goes back to why they didn’t include a listing of what their records show with the first mailing. 

1 hour ago, Redtravel said:

If Windstar establishes a loyalty program, it will be nice.  I have been sailing on Windstar because I like the cruise. Any loyalty feature would be appreciated.  

I’m guessing that any new program will come out to less than the 5% off we’re currently getting. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, milepig said:

I’m guessing that any new program will come out to less than the 5% off we’re currently getting. 

When you can actually get the 5% off, because most of the time when I book, they tell me the fare I’m looking at is promotional and that the 5% Yacht Club discount does not apply. 

Just now, Misty Morning said:

When you can actually get the 5% off, because most of the time when I book, they tell me the fare I’m looking at is promotional and that the 5% Yacht Club discount does not apply. 

Great point Misty - that same often  happens to me.

My business instinct is that it will be loyalty perks which is pretty standard in the industry.  Complimentary things that we now pay for like internet hours, maybe some excursion, drinks, upgrades, not discounts on fares. But it's all conjecture! We shall see what the new year brings! And a Happy New Year to all!

I'd like it if they developed something similar to Hilton's  Rewards program.  You get points for every dollar that you spend. 

You also get to various levels and get additional perks for being at those levels.  With Hilton it ranges from a couple bottles of water at check in to free upgrades.  Little things but nice to be acknowledged.

If Windstar would start an affinity credit card program I'd consider joining, but it would have to be something worth putting away my Chase Sapphire Reserve card for.

Nothing would make me give up the Chase card. We use the travel insurance that comes with it and have saved thousands in the six years we've had it. I always wondered about their claims and had the "opportunity " to make 2 claims this year. They paid to the nickel. We purchase an emergency medical & evacuation plan annually from another company for $240 that covers both of us. Chase is the best credit card deal on the planet if you travel a great deal.

• Like 1

Just curious...What does travel insurance or credit cards actually have to do with the topic" Windstar verifying past cruises" ?

The fact that folks have to let them know which cruises they have taken on their own line truthfully is embarrassing. Secondly a number of folks who have responded have had their mail returned. 

So to us it sounds like a major overhaul of the management and or office staff is in order.Sounds like a few folks would prefer to give them a pass no matter what the circumstances are . Good luck with that..:)