Windstar verifying past cruises

new_cruiser

17 hours ago, Spanky My said:

NOT offended just thought that it could be placed in an appropriate thread.

I *think* SB44 was commenting that she has a loyalty card with another service provider and she’s not about to give it up, so if WS came out with their own card it would be worthless. 

CB44: Have you checked your Chase benefits recently? Many of their plans were gutted mid-2019. 

I check them regularly, before each booking, as the ones important to me are the ones that deal with travel insurance and they have remained the same. I am retired from the insurance business so I'm pretty careful about reviewing this coverage on a regular basis. The rest of the stuff like retail price protection, etc., is just fluff. It's their travel insurance and miles that keep me tied to this particular card. 

• Like 1

The forms arrived in Canada today.  I filled them out and popped them back in the mail.  Thank you TakingFlight for the information regarding the correct Zipcode.  I hope that Windstar will still accept the late replies.  Perhaps, if they are requesting responses by a specific date, it might be better to use e-mail so that everyone who wants to could respond in a timely manner.

I expect that Windstar will accept late replies. They probably can't process them as fast as they come in anyway. 

I'd be pretty disappointed if the 5% off for repeat cruisers went away. They are supposed to be enhancing the loyalty program, not downgrading it. We have gotten the 5% even when cruises were on sale except for the cruise we booked this week. Actually, I was peeved by that - they didn't give us the 5% off because the cruise is supposedly on the flash sale, but the price is the same as it was last week when we would have gotten 5% off - then it was a last minute price.

However, our agent was able to snag the guarantee price for us (it was call for availability on the website and came up for her, then went away when she tried to book it and came back a couple of hours later) and there was only one BX cabin left so if we waited to for the sale to end, it might have cost us.  

Ours had the wrong zip code too. With so many mis-addressed letters, the post office may have figured it out for some of them and forwarded to the right one. We sent our responses December 15 and they haven't been returned to sender. 

Windstar may have to send out letters again. Perhaps the next time they will include an email address for responses so that we can reply that way. 

Well, I guess Windstar is really trying. It is nice to see they may finally acknowledge long time supporters.  Our letter arrived with an incorrect number of cruises, as most did. There is no way to know which ones are missing, but I assume that they are the earliest ones. We have taken 22 cruises since 2000. They gave us credit for 16. Sent our corrected list Registered mail .Thankfully, the postal employee corrected the Zip code....which I now know was incorrect. So my letter did arrive before the 27th. Has anyone heard back from them?

I called Windstar to ask about our letters. They said that the post office caught and redirected a lot of the ones with the wrong zip code. They have received a huge number and have them in a conference room getting them sorted and ready to input. They are working their way through them. She said that they are continuing to process the ones coming in and it's okay if they didn't arrive by December 27. 

• Thanks 1

Total dysfunction by Windstarr here . Not having accurate records no mater of which company is now in charge/ sold to etc. is shameful !

The seattle office needs to get proper staff/management either on board or replaced .  Giving them a pass for lack of accounting to me applauds unprofessionalism. But each to their own I guess!

2 hours ago, Spanky My said:

Total dysfunction by Windstarr here . Not having accurate records no mater of which company is now in charge/ sold to etc. is shameful !

The seattle office needs to get proper staff/management either on board or replaced .  Giving them a pass for lack of accounting to me applauds unprofessionalism. But each to their own I guess!

I don't see how the current ownership/office staff can magically have records that the previous owners didn't pass on to them. 

It is reasonable to blame the current company for flaws in the process they set up to try to rebuild the records: e.g. sending letters out in December, stating they wanted responses in less than a dozen days from the earliest letters being received (and before some received their letters at all), getting their own address wrong, not providing for email responses.  But I can't blame them for the prior owners not having kept good records.

Bottom line, I'm far more concerned about what the new loyalty program will be than any glitches in getting the records to use for it - as long as they handle making the corrections so that we all get credit for our past cruises.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Received the letter while on a Windstar Cruise and missed the deadline, so I am glad they are accepting late replies. They had the number of days correct but the number of cruises was off. I believe because of Back to Back and the "Star Collector" designation. Not sure that it matters but sent in my list as well.

They counted my Star Collector as one cruise. It was a 27-day one - 13-day crossing plus 14-day Alaska. I'm hoping that the program goes mostly by days. We are starting b2b Star Collectors in a couple of weeks.

Edited by new_cruiser

My husband’s letter arrived while we were away on our Windstar cruise. Didn’t get home till 12/29, but corrected it and sent it in anyway...with the correct zip code. Thank you! My letter never arrived. I’ll attempt calling Seattle tomorrow to see what’s up. Good luck with that, I’m thinking. 

I do not see how WS can possibly not go by number of days now given the range of cruises that are not simply seven day cruises. Example: For years b2b were counted as 2 cruises ( considering they were individual 7 day cruises) then, now, they have  moved to   Star Collector Cruises..... we did a 19 day across the Pacific followed by a 7 day cruise Tahiti... 26 days. Truthfully, the only honest thing would be to count the days which I have been told Crystal and Holland America do. I vote days. Fingers crossed Seattle keeps us on our toes and not always in a good way.