Currently on Equniox

Cruzinram

3 hours ago, mayleeman said:

This thread needs to be taken with a grain of...um...salt.

This is the third time since September the OP has said they won't be cruising on X anymore. Once because of the reduction in free movies, and another because of that now-deleted $14 fee for the CBP as a perk.

Is he a Troll for another cruise line then?

I had another cruised planned on Equinox, but the suites were not refurbished, so I cancelled due the the very high price.  I understand that there was not enough time; however, the price was so much higher because of the renovation...short of it, I booked Apex TA and the cruise before it(b2b) and felt the price was fair.  Venue in Europe instead of Caribbean too.  I am happy, and that is all that matters...my DH is very please also!

Yes, food is very subjective, along with sarcasm, trolling and so many other things.  When I hear the word "Carnival" mentioned, as being way superior, I tune out and find something more education to read!  Sorry, OP, but something is smelling a little sour with your opinion!

• Like 1

I spoke to our MD tonight and also our Waiter about food quality in the MDR. I asked if we were going to have Prime Rib this Voyage and he said no more Prime Rib was being served. Confirmed by the MD! Waiter told me that yes he ageed that food quality has declined. Ingredients have been reduced changing flavor in the dishes. So sad to this once great go down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/18/2019 at 6:11 AM, Travrat said:

Aqua class cabins are the same size as all regular cabins on X and are not as big as HAL’s SS cabins

According to the X website on the Infinity and other M class ships AQ cabins are 248 sq ft , standard verandah 208 sq ft in size and Concierge cabins are  233 sq ft. This is not as large as SS on HAL but substantially larger than non AQ cabins. Also AQ cabins have a love seat vs one barrel chair in standard verandah cabins.

The quality of food and service in the MDR has declined, sorry but I don’t see how that’s not very obvious to everyone. Yes it might still be more than acceptable for many ( not us) and of course that is absolutely fine because it’s all about what works for us. We dine in Murano and are very happy with both service and food there so it’s all good.

Recently sailed on the Equinox- in a suite and the restaurant was very good.  Also enjoyed many dinners in specialty restaurants-  Hal is plain vanilla- do not enjoy that line at all.  Perhaps you had a negative experience during your cruise-  try a few specialty restaurants also.  Don't limit yourself.

The suite was beautiful and very comfortable- the butler service very good also.  My only negative comment was that during dry dock- the suite deck didn't have a hot tub or any water feature like the Edge.

Edited by Cruise a holic

Agree with the the majority;  Food taste is subjective.  I know people who think Applebees is a fancy night out;  After 7 cruises on RCCL, we noticed that the food quality has decreased to just OK;  We go in knowing that it is hard to server 2000+ people at a time, so we just go with the flow;  X has much different offerings than RCCL so we[DW,DD and me] are excited to try new dishes. DS will stick to Steak and Bake every night;    On board tomorrow; CAN'T WAIT!!!

Edited by redwings1958
spelling error

On 12/17/2019 at 3:56 PM, Cruzinram said:

Now on Equniox and as we have watched Celebrity over the last 25 years slowly take the downward trend, it has finally hit rock bottom. Food quality in MDR is just plain awful. We have started eating in the Buffet and even found some dishes worse than before. Add all of the things that have changed in 25 years we have been loyal customers, even DW has seen the light. Our HAL experience in October was far superior to what we are seeing on this Voyage. I think we are finally done. Sad to see Celebrity become what it is today.

Cruzinram enjoy your future cruises on HAL or whatever other line meets your needs.  It is your choice and your money.

30 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Cruzinram enjoy your future cruises on HAL or whatever other line meets your needs.  It is your choice and your money.

He will be saying the same thing on HAL threads after his first HAL cruise. 

I have sailed 7 times on Equinox, including this past November and earlier this year.  As I mentioned in a posting before, while I think there is definitely a bit of a decline in food quality over the years I have never, ever experienced consistently bad food (or service for that matter).  We rarely sail suites due to the price, but my November cruise was in a suite.  The cabin was lovely (frankly I much prefer the current décor over the new modern look!), the food and service in Luminae were great, the entertainment was the usual Celebrity (not the best, but entertaining) and overall we had a wonderful cruise.

Everyone has different tastes, but given my extensive experience on Celebrity including recent sailings, I have to take with a large grain of salt the original posting.  Anyone booked on Equinox (we have another sailing booked in January) need not worry about the experience.

• Like 1

We were on the 11/30/19 Equinox sailing and enjoyed beautiful, delicious rare prime rib in the MDR on night one.  I was amazed that I was able to get rare since it was 9:00PM when we ordered.  After six straight cruises in Aqua/Blu class we booked a "standard" balcony and I'll never book Aqua again.  The food and service in the MDR were terrific!

• Like 4

Sorry everyone who sailed before and have a hard time believing the OP. I also was on the same cruise he was, just back, and everything he says was exactly what my husband and I thought about the food- before we read his post and wondered if it was all our imagination. It was as if butter, cream, and cheese were banished from the recipes and vegetable broth was the replacement. Note that the waiter confirmed  to the OP that the chefs took the usual recipes and eliminated previous ingredients changing the quality just recently. When have you ever sailed- even on Carnival - and not had lobster or Prime Rib on dress up night? They did it. The buffet was crowded that night for all of us with the Celebrity app that  gave us fair warning that morning. We have sailed on the Solstice and Equinox X2. This is our last Celebrity cruise for  a while.

Wow, I was on the same cruise.  Just got home last night.  We had awesome service in the MDR and the food was just fine.  

I did miss the prime rib, but I saw no issue with the taste or quality we experienced.  My real complaint was the lack of berry bowls in the morning, but if that is my biggest complaint I am in good shape.

I think some people just like to complain.

On 12/17/2019 at 3:56 PM, Cruzinram said:

Now on Equniox and as we have watched Celebrity over the last 25 years slowly take the downward trend, it has finally hit rock bottom. Food quality in MDR is just plain awful. We have started eating in the Buffet and even found some dishes worse than before. Add all of the things that have changed in 25 years we have been loyal customers, even DW has seen the light. Our HAL experience in October was far superior to what we are seeing on this Voyage. I think we are finally done. Sad to see Celebrity become what it is today.

Sorry to hear about your experience.

Our experiences were very much the opposite.

39 minutes ago, Algebralovr said:

Wow, I was on the same cruise.  Just got home last night.  We had awesome service in the MDR and the food was just fine.  

I did miss the prime rib, but I saw no issue with the taste or quality we experienced.  My real complaint was the lack of berry bowls in the morning, but if that is my biggest complaint I am in good shape.

I think some people just like to complain.

Did they say why there was no prime rib? What was served in lieu for chic night?

What type or quality of beef was in the menu?

Was there lobster?  What type of fish was served on board ?

1 minute ago, hcat said:

Did they say why there was no prime rib? What was served in lieu for chic night?

What type or quality of beef was in the menu?

Was there lobster?  What type of fish was served on board ?

I didn’t ask why no prime rib.  It had been in the menus on the app, and was not served on board.  I’m used to seeing it on the night we board,  Not chic night.  
The beef I had was fine.  I get most of my beef from a friend who raises them, and I didn’t have any complaints about the beef we had on board.

There was the usual Caribbean lobster on chic night.  We always skip it.

There was a fish dish every night. I didn’t keep track as to what kind.  

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Thanks.. my error Prime Rib is usually first night.  In AQ it's a filet...usually!

They must be swapping things up.   I was just looking at Equinox an no Prime Rib on any night in main dining.    In Blu they have Steak Diane on day 1.  

I always really enjoyed the Prime Rib.   On a side note on Edge in Oct/Nov they offered Prime Rib (off menu) on one evening in Luminae

Edited by Jim_Iain

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Thanks.. my error Prime Rib is usually first night.  In AQ it's a filet...usually!

Neither was offered on our cruise for the first night.  I believe they have been switching things up.  Those entrees had been among the first night offerings for years.

20 hours ago, hcat said:

They did seem to be changing things up.  On 3 cruises on Summit in Oct and Nov they had Prime rib in MDR on the last night.  Filet in Blu was not first night but some other night.  Both venues had lobster on last chic night.

We were on the Equinox for the November 30 sailing.  We usually eat in the buffet most evenings, but for this cruise decided to give the MDR a try.  The food and service was excellent.  On one night only I didn't like the main course, but it was my fault not the galley's.  I ordered trout which I had never eaten before and hope never to in the future.  I tried to hide it under whatever was left on the plate hoping the server wouldn't notice as I didn't want to cause a problem.  But sure enough he did and was so apologetic saying I should have asked for something else.  Truthfully, after a Caesar salad, potatoes and broccoli I was full but not full enough to have dessert.  We had absolutely no complaints