"Best Value" is cheaper than Lower Price"??

grandgeezer

November 14, 2020 7 day Caribbean, on the Apex, in an ocean view. "Lowest Price" is $2051.82 p.p. with two perks and $2296.82 with all four perks. Same cabin, "Best Value" is 1673.82 with all four perks. At least that's what the web site says as of 10 minutes ago. If you call to book it and book at the lowest price, they took you for an extra $600 p.p. Not everybody uses the internet to price cruises and there's no doubt in my mind they wouldn't  tell you the other option.

5 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

November 14, 2020 7 day Caribbean, on the Apex, in an ocean view. "Lowest Price" is $2051.82 p.p. with two perks and $2296.82 with all four perks. Same cabin, "Best Value" is 1673.82 with all four perks. At least that's what the web site says as of 10 minutes ago. If you call to book it and book at the lowest price, they took you for an extra $600 p.p. Not everybody uses the internet to price cruises and there's no doubt in my mind they wouldn't  tell you the other option.

There are some weird price effects happening on the Australian website today as well. Similar to your example. I wonder if there is an error somewhere. 

• Like 1

Usually when sales are about to change I notice weird prices.  Tho sales don't change till tomorrow.  The site is a mess usually and even tho not hard to navigate it takes forever to load and refresh for me.  I also have business level internet connection and the speed should not be a problem.  Celebrity pricing is a game.to me and check the prices often for cruises Im on and interested.  Im happy on my next cruise got into a group rate so its significantly cheaper than what the cruise is at this point.  Im on the Reflection for Nov 23,2020.   

Edited by bikerunner

9 hours ago, bikerunner said:

Usually when sales are about to change I notice weird prices.  Tho sales don't change till tomorrow.  The site is a mess usually and even tho not hard to navigate it takes forever to load and refresh for me.  I also have business level internet connection and the speed should not be a problem.  Celebrity pricing is a game.to me and check the prices often for cruises Im on and interested.  Im happy on my next cruise got into a group rate so its significantly cheaper than what the cruise is at this point.  Im on the Reflection for Nov 23,2020.   

I’ve had a booking for a couple of months now. Went in last Monday and price had dropped so by changing cabin I was able to capture the new price with same perks. Then went in Yesterday and prices had dropped again so I changed cabin and captured it. I did lose a bit of OBC this time but I’d already booked all my excursions and dinner and had plenty of OBC left over and was wondering what I would do with it. Now it’s been cut back so still a little left over. Twice in a week? 

16 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

Read the Best Value closely.   Often a lower price you are speaking of when listed under Best Value are NON-REFUNDABLE, other times you have to click a button to get the non-refundable.  

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

You are correct. I just checked on my Nov 21 apex cruise and it was also cheaper. I called Celebrity and they were not getting the same price. They could not see the same thing as we were. I tried a hold and it did not have the 4 perks attached. 

Celebrity IT is neither good at IT nor good at math. Example: during a recent sale in my Cruise Planner it offered 10% off of dining in Murano. Murano is $50pp full price, so 10% should have been $45. Instead the 10% off price was listed as $49.50! I called Captains Club and pointed out the math error and they did correct it several days later.

We did the same.  $.50 discount instead of $5.  

If you see a cruise deal, book it.  AND, take a screen shot.  We take pics of all out OBC, perks, Dining reservations, booking page, etc.  Celebrity is terrible with numbers and shipboard accounts.  We normally book with a TA for this very reason.