Your favorite Diamond lounge

As soon as the 2022 Season opens, I will be booking our first cruise as diamond 🙂. We want to book the ship with the best diamond lounge we haven’t been on yet.  Of these, which has your fave diamond lounge?

all of quantum class

Empress

All of vision class

Voyager

Navigator

Mariner

Serenade

Jewel

All of Freedom Class (I’ve been on Indy, but DH has not)

Thanks!!!

Oasis class on 12th deck overlooking Boardwalk, before the retro fit.  Love the Voyager when it overflows space to the Crown Lounge.  Can't remember the Radiance class as I haven't been on for some time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vacationlover_mn said:

We want to book the ship with the best diamond lounge we haven’t been on yet.

First, you need to worry if by that time the DLs will exist and that Ds are allowed in.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

As soon as the 2022 Season opens, I will be booking our first cruise as diamond 🙂. We want to book the ship with the best diamond lounge we haven’t been on yet.

You are approaching this all wrong. You want to start with the worst DL and work your way up. It'll give you something to look forward to!  Maybe a ship that does not have a dedicated DL but maybe a Diamond event?

If you start with the best, there is no place to go but down.😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nelblu said:

Love the Voyager when it overflows space to the Crown Lounge.  

DL on Voyager has been moved in recent re-furb to Deck 5 adjacent to Star Lounge. The existing DL on Deck 14 is now Suite Lounge.

Will first check this out in March, but I'm sure we will miss the views from Deck 14 😞

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mr walker said:

DL on Voyager has been moved in recent re-furb to Deck 5 adjacent to Star Lounge. The existing DL on Deck 14 is now Suite Lounge.

Will first check this out in March, but I'm sure we will miss the views from Deck 14 😞

Same as Navigator. 

That's why i said Mariner😉

Love the ones that are still up in the Viking Crowne Lounge.  We don't even go to the ones on the Oasis Class or Navigator as you are in a box.  We have the package, so we just go to either Schooner's on the Oasis Class or down to the Pub on Navigator.

19 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Same as Navigator. 

That's why i said Mariner😉

Downunder we are limited to just Ovation, Voyager & Radiance & we have had Explorer, Rhapsody & Legend. Next season we will have Serenade, so no Mariner for us, unless we travel a long way 🙂

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Downunder we are limited to just Ovation, Voyager & Radiance & we have had Explorer, Rhapsody & Legend. Next season we will have Serenade, so no Mariner for us, unless we travel a long way 🙂

Understood, I was surprised OP listed Voyager

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

In addition to the above...Radiance has a great DL too.

If Radiance set up is anything like Brilliance and Jewel, the DL is very small with no bar, and waiters have to go all the way around the other side of the Viking Crown (or whatever they call it on the different ships) to get you a drink.  The CL does have a bar, though.  🍷

48 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

If Radiance set up is anything like Brilliance and Jewel, the DL is very small with no bar, and waiters have to go all the way around the other side of the Viking Crown (or whatever they call it on the different ships) to get you a drink.  The CL does have a bar, though.  🍷

Yep, Radiance Class DL's are only cool if they open the overflow into VCL. 

DLs on Freedom and Voyager Class (at least those ships on which the DL is still located on deck 14).  Not a great deal of ambiance but they have the view and on cruises with fewer Ds and above they tend to have ample room.  On cruises with many Ds and above the overflow usually ends up being the VCL and that's also good.  Radiance Class DLs, though smaller, have the windows and the overflow usually moves into the VCL.  Some will have the portable bar set-up.  If not, the waiters need to use the service bar to fill orders, and that takes them off the floor for a bit.