Princess shampoo

back to the islands

9 minutes ago, back to the islands said:

Crazy question here... Does anyone know if Princess shampoo is safe for color treated hair? I don't want to take shampoo, but also don't want my color to be faded after 2 or 4 weeks on a cruise. Thank you in advance!

Princess shampoo is horrible.  Most women cannot even comb their hair after using it.    If you plan on appearing in public after a shampoo, take your own.

Edited by stoneharborlady
  • Like 3

I personally find the shampoo provided by Princess to be quite harsh and not what I would consider salon quality and seriously doubt it is sulfate free.  My hair is permed, but not color treated, and I don't use it.  Didn't use it even when my hair wasn't permed as it just left it feeling too rough.      

18 minutes ago, hllwdcruiser said:

Good decision to bring your own and conditioner too if you use it. 

I have found a good use though for the shampoo/conditioner combo that Princess provides - I use it instead of soap when I shave my legs!

Great idea! Thanks for sharing. 😊

3 hours ago, back to the islands said:

Thank you both so much! I've always taken my own shampoo . . . just trying to cut down!😬 Will pack my own!

That’s the best thing to do. Princess shampoo is terrible and I don’t think it’s color safe 

6 minutes ago, kiwichick62 said:

Good to know.  I don't like shampoo/conditioner combined so I will bring my own.  Also from what I have read on CC there are no bars of soap, will also bring my own.

That shampoo does not feel “conditioning” at all. 
My kids don’t mind it (boys) but I always take my own shampoo and conditioner. I’ve been bringing Dove bars for years. Some ships still have bars of soap but I suspect they are all being phased out 

4 hours ago, back to the islands said:

Thank you both so much! I've always taken my own shampoo . . . just trying to cut down!😬 Will pack my own!

Just thought I would mention that I have found this bar shampoo with conditioner that is really amazing.  It's called Love Beauty and Planet and .... it smells amazing and isn't harsh like Princess shampoo.  Plus, you don't have to pack it in your 3-1-1 compliant bag if you fly.  Just a thought .... 

GUEST_7ec759fd-4806-414f-8a87-5d6a29e74a33?wid=325&hei=325&qlt=80&fmt=webp

Princess ought to be embarrassed to provide such low-quality "amenities"... and perhaps Princess is saving tons of money ... not only do they buy it really cheap, the fact that few if any use it saves their cost to replenish ... win-win for Princess 

Edited by pms4104

or just get off at first port of call go to store and buy what u need ...no worries about leaks or TSA concerns (do not try to carry any liquids of any size in a carry on bag as it will be taken away)...same for mouthwash etc for a 2 to 4 week cruise...no need to add the weight and risk spillage in your checked luggage....